MouseScrappers.com

MouseScrappers.com (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Printing books/pages (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9712)
-   -   Official Shutterfly Question and Answer Thread (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9726)

CynthiaY2 01-30-2012 08:29 PM

Official Shutterfly Question and Answer Thread
 
I saw this and thought it would be a great idea to place any questions and answers about Shutterfly in one thread. I'm what you might call a Shuttefly GURU so if you have any questions let me know!! If I don't have an answer I'll get you one...

Just to get started here are a few great links to assist you on your way...

Here is the link to the Templates you can download if you don't already have them to assist you with your layouts and the bleed lines.
http://www.shutterfly.com/digitalscr...sign-specs.jsp\

Here is the link to show you how to start and [COLOR="purple"]create a Digital Scrapbook
https://www.shutterfly.com/digitalsc...ok-how-tos.jsp

Here is a link to their Digital Scrapbook products such as greeting cards, printing your 8X8 or 12X12 layouts, notebook, and stickers
http://www.shutterfly.com/digital-scrapbooking

Here is there Picture and More blog for some great ideas, tips, and tricks...
http://blog.shutterfly.com/

Be inspired and see what others are creating...

Find them on Facebookhttp://www.facebook.com/shutterfly

Find them on Pinteresthttp://pinterest.com/shutterfly/

Find them on Twitterhttp://twitter.com/shutterfly

There Custom Service forum
https://support.shutterfly.com/

Any questions just let me know...Shutterfly Guru at your service. :) :woohoo:

vew-tori 01-31-2012 06:20 AM

You are a life saver! I am frantically working to get an album loaded and ordered by tonight. Almost have everything loaded. Do I go to custom path or simple path? I'm not sure how to make my photo (page) be the full page. It keeps trying to load my photos into a predesigned book.

You may have already tried to head me in the right direction but with the Marathon weekend I lost track of what thread that was in. Thanks in advance-Robin

vew-tori 01-31-2012 07:02 PM

I got it figured out! and ordered :yeah:. Thank you so much for the heads up on the sale. The book for my sister ended up being 50 something pages. I saved over $50 and got free shipping which was another $12. I had it loaded to Blurb and was ready to order. I think it was around $90 there. I can't wait for it to arrive. I can also compare the companys since our last book was from Blurb. It was over 100 pages so that's why I went with them.

We will be at Disney in June with my family, my sister's and our parents. I know I'll do a book for that trip. Savings like this will sure help! Thanks again!:thanks:

CynthiaY2 01-31-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vew-tori (Post 97933)
I got it figured out! and ordered :yeah:. Thank you so much for the heads up on the sale. The book for my sister ended up being 50 something pages. I saved over $50 and got free shipping which was another $12. I had it loaded to Blurb and was ready to order. I think it was around $90 there. I can't wait for it to arrive. I can also compare the companys since our last book was from Blurb. It was over 100 pages so that's why I went with them.

We will be at Disney in June with my family, my sister's and our parents. I know I'll do a book for that trip. Savings like this will sure help! Thanks again!:thanks:

So sorry for the delay as my best friends daughter's daughter had a baby today!!:sorcerer:

I'm so glad you figured it out!! WOOHOO!! Please let me know what you think about the quality compared to Blurb. I've never printed with anyone else as I'm very spoiled by the quality and customer service of Shutterfly!

Ronisdragon 02-02-2012 05:13 PM

HI Cynthia. I don't know why I'm having so much trouble with Shutterfly. I finally got everything in my book and I realized on PSE 9 I saved all of my images with high image quality not the one that is even better. Will it be ok or do I have to resave each image and do the whole book over again? I don't know how big a difference it will make. Wait if the images are already saved that way I can't change the quality I saved at can I? I'm ready to pull my hair out with this whole thing! Thanks so much for your offer to help! Best wishes, Roni

CynthiaY2 02-02-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronisdragon (Post 98625)
HI Cynthia. I don't know why I'm having so much trouble with Shutterfly. I finally got everything in my book and I realized on PSE 9 I saved all of my images with high image quality not the one that is even better. Will it be ok or do I have to resave each image and do the whole book over again? I don't know how big a difference it will make. Wait if the images are already saved that way I can't change the quality I saved at can I? I'm ready to pull my hair out with this whole thing! Thanks so much for your offer to help! Best wishes, Roni

Roni for PSE this is what I save my layouts as...

Step 1
http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/z...aveasStep1.jpg

Step 2
http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/z...aveasStep2.jpg

If you didn't save them at this resolution when you looking at the page layouts in Shutterfly do you get a "Yellow Caution" symbol that the resolution is too low? If so then I would definitely resave at higher resolution.

I hope that helps. If you are still having problems please let me know and I will get back to you as soon as I can. :) Can't wait to see your completed book!

Ronisdragon 02-02-2012 06:58 PM

Cynthia, I think I saved everything at 9. If I already saved it at 9 when I open the version saved at 9 I don't think saving it at 12 will improve the quality right? I have saved everything I've made at 9. I will do the highest number in the future. I'm not getting any caution signs that I've noticed. Do you think I'll be ok for now? I can't remake all of my pages! Let me know what you think. I also don't really want to have to redo all my other pages not for this book. This particular book isn't Disney. It's a book for my mom with photos of her and her brother. I'm worrying about everything I've made now. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the quality will be ok. I look forward to hearing from you and I really appreciate your fast response! Have a great day, Roni

CynthiaY2 02-02-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronisdragon (Post 98669)
Cynthia, I think I saved everything at 9. If I already saved it at 9 when I open the version saved at 9 I don't think saving it at 12 will improve the quality right? I have saved everything I've made at 9. I will do the highest number in the future. I'm not getting any caution signs that I've noticed. Do you think I'll be ok for now? I can't remake all of my pages! Let me know what you think. I also don't really want to have to redo all my other pages not for this book. This particular book isn't Disney. It's a book for my mom with photos of her and her brother. I'm worrying about everything I've made now. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the quality will be ok. I look forward to hearing from you and I really appreciate your fast response! Have a great day, Roni

Roni as long as your not getting the yellow caution sign I say Order! If the quality is not what you want their Customer Service is outstanding. I would simply contact them and let them know what happened and they will probably let you update the book and reprint at a big discount and sometimes even free. I had a problem with one of my books and I contacted them and they sent me another book for free and I still got to keep the original.. WOOHOO!! Let me know if you need anything else. Check the new thread I started with additional discount codes. Since your ordering you might want to grab it before someone else does. :):D

Usagi 02-04-2012 01:45 PM

Thanks for the thread. I have ordered 1 WDW album and 2 yearly albums from Shutterfly. I really love my photobooks!

CynthiaY2 02-04-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi (Post 99058)
Thanks for the thread. I have ordered 1 WDW album and 2 yearly albums from Shutterfly. I really love my photobooks!

Thanks awesome! I'm addicted to them myself!! If I can help in any way just let me know. :)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© Copyright 2009 - 2018 MouseScrappers.com, All rights reserved.
MouseScrappers.com is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries.
Visit Disney's official web site at Disney.com As to Disney artwork, logos and properties: © Disney
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger