MouseScrappers.com

MouseScrappers.com (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016 SPEED SCRAP MARATHON (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9754)
-   -   New chat room info <--- ACTION REQUIRED (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15598)

Carolc 03-24-2016 10:57 AM

New chat room info <--- ACTION REQUIRED

Many of us have been having issues with the addonchat chat room over the last 6 months or so. It's been good over the years, but now we need to find something else.

Several of us tested out a few different options, and the one we like best is hosted by Slack.com. It has a nice interface that will be familiar to people who use social media (like Twitter or Instagram). For example, to respond to/mention something to someone in particular, you would use the @ sign (like @carolc). Another nice thing is you can 'react' with thumbs up etc on other people's messages. If you click the @ sign at the top of the screen you can see all the times someone has mentioned you. You can also 'star' a message so that you can find it later (this might be good for speed scrap instructions). It is easy to share files and links (without getting booted from the room). You can customize your avatar and adjust the notification settings. You can also access the room from a smart phone, but you can only chat if you are using it on the Slack app (limited functionality on web browser on phone, but you can view the messages that were already posted if you click on 'Archived Messages')

:toothorn:---> NOW THIS IS IMPORTANT <---

We need to send an invitation to everyone by email. So far I have not received any extra messages from them beyond signup, but if you are concerned about extra email you might want to consider an secondary email account

Please send an EMAIL to me at webmaster (at) mousescrappers.com and put something like 'SLACK SIGNUP' in the subject line. As an alternative, you can send a message with your email address to our MouseScrappers FB page or ask one of these other people to add you:

snowdrop
tinkerbell1112
msbagley
tiggernjen
cynthiay2
craftytam

When you receive the invitation and sign in, it will show you a brief tutorial, then you should look for the 'speed-scraps' channel if you are not already there. Please try signing in BEFORE the marathon

I will be hosting an informal chat on Thursday March 31 at 6pm Eastern / 3pm Pacific so people can test it out and ask any last minute questions before the marathon begins on the following day.

If you have any questions, please ask below... others may have the same question ;)

roxana 03-24-2016 03:21 PM

email sent

sparklehal 03-25-2016 05:19 AM

Sent. Hope this all goes smoothly.

ewebwoman 03-25-2016 07:26 AM

Email sent

Will we have to use Internet Explorer instead of Chrome like we did with the other chat room?

snowdrop 03-25-2016 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewebwoman (Post 162495)
Will we have to use Internet Explorer instead of Chrome like we did with the other chat room?

Nope! It works in anything. There's even an app for your phone!

doodlebugz3 03-26-2016 08:54 AM

Email sent

3BluEyedBabies 03-28-2016 07:53 AM

SENT!

I just sent an email.

shaines 03-29-2016 06:25 AM

Sent email...hopefully I'll figure it out!

Carolc 03-29-2016 10:19 AM

Updated first post. The informal chat will be held this Thursday at 6pm Eastern / 3pm Pacific

meagan43 03-31-2016 10:50 AM

Got the app downloaded to my phone to try out today