MouseScrappers.com

MouseScrappers.com (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photography (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9649)
-   -   Disney Photopass (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8291)

mncstbr 08-13-2011 07:40 AM

Disney Photopass

Still contemplating getting Photopass CD from our vacay? Any thoughts? It's just so expensive but I WANT those pics.... $150 trying to justify paying this. Wish there was a cheaper way to get it or that I would've know to buy prior for the $99 deal....

liriel 08-14-2011 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mncstbr (Post 79486)
Still contemplating getting Photopass CD from our vacay? Any thoughts? It's just so expensive but I WANT those pics.... $150 trying to justify paying this. Wish there was a cheaper way to get it or that I would've know to buy prior for the $99 deal....

I always like to get it. I know it can be steep at the regular purchase price. How many photos did they take? Is it worth the per photo price for you? Stitch Kingdom is a good place on-line to find out about photopass. They also post deals there too.

tinkerbell7678 08-14-2011 11:09 AM

I LOVE the photo pass and think it's well worth it! We have gotten so many great pictures from it and have gotten it on all of our trips over the years since they started it!

snowdrop 08-14-2011 03:30 PM

I always get the photopass CD. Using the borders and such, you can turn your pics into hundreds! I know it's after the fact, but I always preorder the CD to get the discount (you used to be able to get the preorder CD price even if you ordered when you got home, but they changed that recently.) Sometimes they will have discounts on the CD, so keep checking the site and follow Photopass on twitter & facebook, where they sometimes (though it seems to be rare now) post discounts.

tiggernjen 08-14-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mncstbr (Post 79486)

It's not too late to get the $99 deal as long as you purchase the Photopass CD before you leave for Disney...Here's the website: http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx

I hope this help you make up your mind...

inkspots 08-14-2011 09:47 PM

What exactly is the photopass? It sounds like something we'd like when we/if we go.

snowdrop 08-14-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inkspots (Post 79665)
What exactly is the photopass? It sounds like something we'd like when we/if we go.

Here's a great sit that tells you everything you need to know about photopass:
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disneysphotopass

inkspots 08-14-2011 11:16 PM

Thanks! I read a bunch there and at the other link. Sort of stinks that it doesn't include ride photos, not sure how worth it it'd be otherwise. Guess we'll think on it and wait to see if we really go.

liriel 08-15-2011 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inkspots (Post 79670)
Thanks! I read a bunch there and at the other link. Sort of stinks that it doesn't include ride photos, not sure how worth it it'd be otherwise. Guess we'll think on it and wait to see if we really go.

You can get Test Track ride photos and certain Character meal Photos added to the photopass.

r0binb 08-15-2011 07:07 AM

I always forget to preorder the CD so when we get home I keep an eye on the discounts. They seem to rotate on a 4 week cycle so I can get the discount some time before the 30 day expiration.

snowdrop 08-15-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inkspots (Post 79670)

If you buy Space Mountain, and now they just added Tower of Terror, then you can get that put onto the Photopass. As already mentioned, if you get the character meal pic (Cinderella's Royal Table and Norway are included, the others you have to buy), that goes on there too.

There are TONS of pics you can get in each park, I really think it's worth it!

mncstbr 08-16-2011 07:11 PM

I am a little mad that I didn't take advantage of all those places (Norway, etc) I didn't really know about photopass prior to going, but there are good pics so I think I'm going to get it anyways, especially for scrapping! Thank you everyone for the great advice/opinions! I def know next time to take advantage of all of the photopass photographers and to prepay!!! :idea:

Sassenach 06-27-2012 07:22 AM

Bumping

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to bump it up with my recommendation.

We buy the photopass CD (pre-buy it when we can), especially if we're traveling with a group (and can split the cost) and then we abuse the heck out of the thing. We stop nearly every photopass photographer we see, b/c you never know if this one we will be better (or worse!) than the previous one! AND at character meet & greets, if you tell the photographer you're getting the CD, we found they take MORE pictures. We got some really good ones this last trip of our girls interacting with the princesses, their first sight of them, etc., more than previous trips, because we had the foresight to say, "We're getting the CD. We won't be using our camera." Just too precious.

ALSO, there's now a new PhotoPass+ CD option ($199.95 in the park, $169.95 pre-buy and it has to be done before you start using it - restrictions, obviously, so read all of that), that will INCLUDE the ride photos and a lot of the character meals w/ photo options AND special dining options w/ photos (like Hoop-dee-doo), plus all the "normal" PhotoPass pictures AND a photogallery of 400 images. Info here: https://www.facebook.com/notes/disne...50650931518325 and pre-buy info here: http://www.disneyphotopass.com/wdwphotopassplus.aspx I'm thinking we will probably do this one on our next trip. It's not that much more, and especially if we're splitting the cost with a group, it's a no-brainer.

Thought I'd pass all that on!

Sassenach 06-27-2012 07:24 AM

Unlimited Photos Too!

Forgot to mention- you can have as many photos as you want on the photo pass! I've seen people talk about having 1000s on their CD from a single trip!

agravette 02-06-2013 09:09 PM

we've never bought the photo pass package before, but i'm definitely going to for our next vacation! i'm very excited about being able to get the ride photos!

bpowersj 03-01-2013 04:23 PM

Have used photopass the last two times at Disney!!! Definitely worth the cost.