MouseScrappers.com

MouseScrappers.com (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Help and Support (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9636)
-   -   Experience Points (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7104)

Gwendlite 04-04-2011 06:12 PM

Experience Points

I just noticed on a log (not sure HOW I got to it, but I did) and it said I had LOST 100 experience pts!? Along with a lot of other points..... :sad2:

Why would I be losing points?!

roxana 04-04-2011 06:57 PM

When you buy pins you loose points, maybe you just bought some?

Carolc 04-04-2011 07:04 PM

Whenever you 'purchase' a pin, it usually shows two lines for the transaction in your profile (on the experience tab). One line shows what item you bought, and the other just confirms that the points were subtracted from your account. But it doesn't decrement your account twice. The word "lost" does seem a little harsh :rolleyes:. Maybe it should say something like '100 points were subtracted from x's account' or something like that.

Anyway, you spent 100 for the Minnie bow and 75 for Star Tours so you should have been decremented 175 points for those two items. It's not a perfect system and I unfortunately can't make modifications to it (I did not write it - someone else did and made it available for free for vBulletin users to use). But, even with all its imperfections and bugs, it's still a fun little addition to have for the site (at least I hope that most people think so). :)

Gwendlite 04-04-2011 08:49 PM

Gotcha!!! I'm such a NEWB!

When it said I "lost" them, I thought they got deleted from me for not following the rules, lol :lol:

MichaelsMomJo 04-05-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwendlite (Post 60868)
Gotcha!!! I'm such a NEWB!

When it said I "lost" them, I thought they got deleted from me for not following the rules, lol :lol:

I could see where that might make you panic a little! :eek:

marlajb 04-05-2011 07:29 PM

I had a similar question -- for awhile, I had negative points in my "Points for Posts Points"! I was wondering if I had done something bad. I'm back up to 16 now (as of this post).

Bessops 04-05-2011 08:45 PM

Don't worry I thought the same thing when I first started:)

jeniferdwn 04-06-2011 04:39 AM

Me too, I thought I had done something naughty and then realized I had bought a pin. For once, I was not naughty!! :lol2:

Gwendlite 04-06-2011 10:39 PM

LOL!!! You ladies are the best!

ncmousemom 04-10-2011 10:49 AM

Glad to read this post... I was wondering about the same thing and I was to shy to ask. I am glad I didn't do something wrong. I am so worried about that. Thanks for asking... =-)