MouseScrappers.com

MouseScrappers.com (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Challenges (gen'l info/notes) (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9739)
-   -   2016 Challenges?? (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15470)

3BluEyedBabies 01-06-2016 03:59 PM

2016 Challenges??

Happy New Year, Mousescrappers!!

I've been stalking the forums looking for some new challenges. Are there any in the works??

pixleyyy 01-06-2016 05:08 PM

It's been pretty slow on the challenge forums lately. I'd certainly love to see us gain momentum again.

Carolc 01-09-2016 08:56 AM

Some people are starting to create new goals for 2016 (or continue their 2015 goals if they didn't finish), and they do look to the challenges for motivation to get things done. So, hopefully we'll see a little pickup in activity soon. But yeah, things are very quiet (though I think it is easier for some people to respond over FB, so there are little spurts of dialog in our 'Project 2015' group as well - if anyone wants to join that isn't already in it).

Melinda and I are also talking (at a high level) about the marathon. Not yet sure when it will be but we do want to have one again :)

sthompsonfoto 01-09-2016 11:06 AM

Yeah for marathon planning!!!!! Lets shoot for NOT the weekend of March 19-20!! LOL!! Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you out in your planning. I LOVE marathon weekend!!!

As for challenges, I don't mind hosting them but I hate asking for PPs from people, I feel pushy! So if people want to contribute them I am happy to host!

tinkerbell1112 01-13-2016 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sthompsonfoto (Post 161273)
Yeah for marathon planning!!!!! Lets shoot for NOT the weekend of March 19-20!! LOL!! Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you out in your planning. I LOVE marathon weekend!!!

As for challenges, I don't mind hosting them but I hate asking for PPs from people, I feel pushy! So if people want to contribute them I am happy to host!

I'm in the same boat about pp - I love to host the challenges, but struggle finding pps. Do we have a list of designers that hosts could contact? I always end up asking the same 2 or 3 people.

snowdrop 01-13-2016 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolc (Post 161271)
Melinda and I are also talking (at a high level) about the marathon. Not yet sure when it will be but we do want to have one again :)

Yay! :) Can't wait!

DianeInOz 01-22-2016 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolc (Post 161271)
Some people are starting to create new goals for 2016 (or continue their 2015 goals if they didn't finish), and they do look to the challenges for motivation to get things done. So, hopefully we'll see a little pickup in activity soon. But yeah, things are very quiet (though I think it is easier for some people to respond over FB, so there are little spurts of dialog in our 'Project 2015' group as well - if anyone wants to join that isn't already in it).

What is the marathon?

snowdrop 01-23-2016 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianeInOz (Post 161425)
What is the marathon?

It's a weekend of speed scraps! Last year there were 15, and along with the usual participation prize if you finished the SS in time, you also could get different grab bags of prizes depending on how many you finished during the weekend. It's LOTS of fun, I scrapped more that weekend than I had the last 2 years combined, and I think it's what kicked off me scrapping more last year. :)

Here's last year's speed scrap marathon section if you want to see how it worked
http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...lay.php?f=9747

DianeInOz 01-24-2016 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowdrop (Post 161449)
It's a weekend of speed scraps! Last year there were 15, and along with the usual participation prize if you finished the SS in time, you also could get different grab bags of prizes depending on how many you finished during the weekend. It's LOTS of fun, I scrapped more that weekend than I had the last 2 years combined, and I think it's what kicked off me scrapping more last year. :)

Here's last year's speed scrap marathon section if you want to see how it worked
http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...lay.php?f=9747

Looks fun! I will be looking for more news!!

meagan43 01-26-2016 06:32 AM

I love me some challenges for sure. When there isn't much activity in the forum, I forget to come look.
I know we currently have a template challenge (I talked one of my designers to make a template for it) and a weekly challenge w/pp from Magical Scraps Galore.

I would love to have a January SS. Do we have one scheduled??

Looking forward to the Marathon!! (and am happy to help host a SS or Marathon event)