MouseScrappers.com

MouseScrappers.com (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photobooks / Albums (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9648)
-   -   Finished my first scrapbook of Florida 2010 (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8174)

Fioontje 07-31-2011 05:51 AM

Finished my first scrapbook of Florida 2010

Finished it up yesterday and ordered it right away! :woohoo:
This is just the first 3 days of the trip! :blush: I've made so many pictures that I decided to devide the trip in multiple books.
It would be a pity to take 5000 pictures and just pick 200 of them.

The pages can be found in the gallery here on mousescrappers, but you can also see it as a book on my website: http://www.fioontje-online.nl/fotoboek/

Now on to the next book! :woohoo:

luv2scrapmm 07-31-2011 07:03 AM

Beautiful book!! I was really inspired by it!

inkspots 07-31-2011 07:26 AM

Congratulations! I've enjoyed seeing it progress and can't wait for further volumes. You're doing better than I, I'm still trying to get a book done from 2008.

vew-tori 07-31-2011 07:38 AM

Wonderful job! Your pages are beautiful. Congratulations on completing it :hooray:.

AmyR0618 07-31-2011 08:39 AM

Great job! I love how you made the double page spreads flow together. I am worried that I am not really paying attention to that as I am creating my pages, but I figure I will worry about that when I am done with all the pages. Any advice on that??

Thanks for sharing your comleted album, I saved the link because it really inspired me!!!

meejay 07-31-2011 11:45 AM

Amazing!! So beautiful, it flows just like a magazine. Great job!

Spacecadetswife 07-31-2011 12:05 PM

Great book! I mean it, I really do. I love all your journaling!

Fioontje 07-31-2011 12:36 PM

Thanks everybody, for the amazing compliments!:blush:
Makes me feel great when I get to inspire other people with my layouts!

Amy, tips for letting your pages flow together, ehm... :surf:

Well, I alway work with a list.
Before I start with my book, I alway make a list of the pages I'd like to make. For example, for this book:

Quote:

01 - Traveling to the airport

02 - Pictures taken at the airport
03 - Pictures taken at the airport/ boarding

04 - The flight
05 - The flight

06 - Arrived at Orlando Int. Airport
07 - Arrived & Disney's Magical Express

etc...
This way I know how many pages I'm gonna need for my book and I can decide what colors to use for my layouts. Even when I have different subjects in the layouts that will be next to each other, I can decide what color I can use that fits both subjects.
A list like that can come in handy too when I work in a certain order, but I don't have inspiration for the next layout. I just pick another subject from the list and create a different layout! ;)

I (almost) always use the same background papers to create two-pagers.

And when I want two existing pages (PSD-files) to flow a bit more, I create a new document, 7200 pixels width and 3600 pixels height, add the two pages to it and add some background elements, like ribbons, paper strips, strings, pixie dust, etc. At least that's how I've created some two-pagers before... ;)

I hope this can help you out a little bit...?

roxana 07-31-2011 01:34 PM

Amazing book Fiona, you know I'm always inspired by your pages, and I've learned from you how to make the pages flow in the 2 pagers even when they´re different themes. So far I've seen through page 47, I don't know why it doesn't let me pass from that page, Ill try again later, maybe the site is too crowded!

Congrats for finishing your first Florida 2010 book!!!

ivonne4kids 08-09-2011 03:02 PM

Love it!!!