MouseScrappers.com

MouseScrappers.com (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/index.php)
-   MouseScrappers - site news and thoughts (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9682)
-   -   Sayings under our name - Is there a list? (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4770)

Barbaraann 07-10-2010 01:23 PM

Sayings under our name - Is there a list?

I just love the feature, where the short saying under a person's name changes as they accumulate posts.

The sayings are so cute and creative. As mine change, I wish that I had been writing them down.

I am going to start doing that from now on. Although, I have already missed writing down quite a few.

PrincessTiff 07-10-2010 04:33 PM

I love that too. I've wondered what it will say after I've "gone through" the 4 parks.:sorcerer:

Carolc 07-10-2010 06:23 PM

I'm glad you like them. I didn't want to have just 'member' 'contributor', 'newbie' etc. I wanted it to be Disney related, but wanted it to have somewhat of a logical order, so I decided to do a 'tour' through the parks. I wanted to translate a number (post count) to something more tangible.. something that can be visualized - so you can kind of tell how active a person is by their location (well, aside from the obvious post count :rolleyes:).

The tour goes through the 4 theme parks of Disney World, ordered by date they opened to the public. Within each one, your tour takes you more or less in a clockwise direction through the park. There is no list anywhere. Currently, the max level is "E ticket holder" which you get when you get to 700 posts. But I've been debating about whether or not make additions to the list. For one thing, some people already have a lot of posts and will run out of places to go. Also, the tour is sorely missing Disneyland, which should be before WDW. I originally never intended to do more than one park. I used the common 'lands' that both DL and MK have (so there is no Liberty Square, New Orleans Square or Critter Country - there's actually no Toontown either). It also bothers me that EPCOT only has two locations (Future World and World Showcase). What do you think... should I add more? It would just take a while, which is why I've been putting it off. I could technically add the water parks, and all the international parks too - it's just too bad there isn't an easier way to manage the list.

Anyway if any of you suddenly get put back in a 'location' you used to be, you'll know why. :)

buttner-jenkins 07-10-2010 06:40 PM

Thanks Carol, I too was wondering how they related. You surely came up with something UNIQUE - and LOVE IT! :yeah:

Barbaraann 07-10-2010 07:23 PM

Well I think it is wonderful feature, and I thank you Carol for the time and effort that you have put into this. I think it would be wonderful to see new sayings, like Jumping on a plane for California, and then doing a tour of Disneyland and DCA.

Of course, I understand how these things are labor intensive.

Thanks again for the response to my comment.

By the way, I checked the memberlist in reverse order of posts, and wrote down as many of the entries that were in there. There are quite a few.

Great idea by the way, and it makes one more reason why I think Mousescrappers is going to be seeing a lot of me.

QuiltyMom 07-10-2010 07:41 PM

Barbara Ann - you're blazing a trail through this site! It's so good to see you posting all of your paper layouts. They will be a good inspiration to all the other paper scrappers out there! Well, and to the digi-scrappers, too.

Barbaraann 07-10-2010 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuiltyMom (Post 30752)
Barbara Ann - you're blazing a trail through this site! It's so good to see you posting all of your paper layouts. They will be a good inspiration to all the other paper scrappers out there! Well, and to the digi-scrappers, too.

I have a lot of finished Disney scrapbooks, and I have posted a lot of them in the gallery here. I actually make a lot of collages on a program called Collage Creator, and sometimes I use my Scrapbook Factory program. So some of my pages are actually a combination of a photograph enhanced on the computer, and then mounted the traditional way on scrapbook paper.

I don't think that I would ever go totally digital. I like the feel of the paper, and adding the embellishments and the lettering. Sometimes I tend to go a little overboard with all my hearts, and flowers. They seem to be favorites of mine.

I have gotten a bit behind in my family scrapping, but I don't like to fall too far behind in my Disney vacations, since I haven't been in a while.

Thanks for the kind words.

TanyaH666 07-11-2010 01:36 AM

do it Carol!! we want ALL the parks and ALL the lands!!!! hehe

WDW Scrap Princess 07-11-2010 05:46 AM

Is it possible to see the list?
I noticed that feature and I Love it!!!:hooray:

Sand 07-12-2010 01:01 PM

The list would be fun to see! :hooray:

Epcot, instead of just Future World and World Showcase, the pavillions in Future World and the countries can be listed. One can go in clockwise direction since it is basically a figure 8. Just a suggestion.

I guess when someone hits a milestone then they can be at a special event like the dessert party, Fantasmic or running thru the park with a special fast pass. My favorite would be a night in Cinderella's Castle! :yeah: