Old 09-24-2009, 10:28 AM   #8
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Re: No More Hotlinking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiltyMom
Shows you how much I know! I thought it would be better to do it that way - and I had no idea it was hotlinking. Sorry! I'll make sure to do it correctly from here on out.
Likewise. I knew a lot of people did it on DIS. Seeing that others did it, I thought that was the way it should be done. I'm guessing this is the case with many people. Because other sites have the convenient "Linked image" code in their gallery, it's easy to assume that it's okay to use that code elsewhere on the internet (perhaps just swapping the img code for the source location). I'm sure many peopled just used this, thinking it was okay. But, now that we know, we should do our best not to create issues for any other sites. I went through and changed all my links last night.

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote