View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #2
cassidyk
Taking the Studio Backlot Tour

Software: SBC+ 3.0
We are dedicated Canon users on our household and I was in a similar position as what you are describing a couple of years ago and I went with the Canon Powershot SX 40. It has more functionality than a point and shoot without being as complicated or cumbersome as a full fledged SLR. It has an awesome auto mode if you don't want to think about anything but it also has a variety of other modes that allow you to have more control if you want. It has a sports mode and a rapid fire capability which from your post sounds like you would have lots of use for.

I have been thrilled with the zoom and that was one of the other things that I was really missing on my point and shoot. I also really liked that in addition to the built in flash you have the option to add a larger external flash if you wanted. However, thus far I have found that I don't need the flash very often at all.

Like I said the model I have is a couple of years old so you might also want to check into the newer versions of the same product line as well. This is the one I have:

And if you are interested in seeing pictures I shot with it on our Disney cruise/WDW vacation last month please let me know and I will be happy to send you a link. Hope this helps and happy shopping!
It\'s a Small World United States of America Mouse Ears Carousel horse Angel Limited Edition Amazon pin #6 Jungle Cruise Boardwalk 1 Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Monorail Magical Express I love DCL! Skyway Earful Tower Minnie\'s Bow Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Kathryn! 2011 Special Edition pin #7 Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Great Britain Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey\'s shorts Captain EO Teacups Mickey\'s glove Mickeys shoe Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Dog Rocket Jets Beast

cassidyk is offline   Reply With Quote