View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 12:44 PM   #2
QuiltyMom
E Ticket Holder

Software: Creative Memories SBC+ 4.0
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ150
I love Knott's! I grew up going there and have seen the many changes over the years. A lot of the old Ghost Town buildings were condemmend due to termite infestation and had to be removed, which was so sad to me. But it's still a great place.

I am not a thrill ride lover and there is plenty to keep me entertained.

Here's a tip - when you get there, go to the back of the park immediately. Everyone clusters around Camp Snoopy and Sidewinder and the other places are empty. Get on the stagecoach ride early because the line can be long and s-l-o-w.

PLEASE have lunch or dinner at Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant. It's outside of the park, so get your hand stamped if your'e going back in. This is the most delicious chicken I have ever had, and it was my dad's favorite restaurant. They don't take reservations and your whole party needs to be there to be seated, but one person can stand in line while the others look at the shops or walk around. Just make sure to periodically check back - and have the boysenberry pie for dessert!

Make sure to spend time in the exisitng ghost town area. It's still my favorite. Get your photos taken in the casket outside of the undertaker's building. heh heh. Drink the boysenberry punch (another yum!). Ride the train.

It's very expensive to eat inside the park. See what's offered in the shops outside the main gate if there's anything you like there (I can't remember). It cost us more to eat inside then for us all to have full dinners at Mrs. Knott's.

It's not as crowded as Disneyland. Not by a long shot. But I love the place. Have fun!

Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Jan! Mouse Ears Earful Tower Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s shorts Mickey\'s glove It\'s a Small World Eiffel Tower Monorail Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups Viking Ship I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Skyway Carousel horse Pop Century Magical Express Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I love DCL! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Jungle Cruise Rocket Jets Ive met another MouseScrapper

QuiltyMom is offline   Reply With Quote