View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 06:54 AM   #12
hobbes130
Taking a Journey Into Imagination

Software: Photoshop CS5
Hi DVC Neighbors!

We brought into DVC in 2007 when we took our daughter for her first trip to WDW. We just went along to see what it was and to have a look at the AKV models but we were sold from the word go! We brought that day, we knew nothing about resales so we didn;t shop around but I have no regrets. We brought 160 points for AKV and at the time we were getting a lot of $ for our £'s. So it was a really good deal for us but I would have to ask DH to be specific about how good I do know that we got the developers points incentive.

We had out first trip home in Feb 2009 staying at AKV Jambo House in a 2 bed standard. This was our first time staying at a deluxe hotel of any sort and we were blown away. We had been excited when we stayed at Coronado Springs in 2007 which was a step up for us from the budgets. So to us this was sheer luxury! We were so happy we had our DVC to enable us to stay in accomodation like this. So much so that we brought another 50 points whilst we were out there for AKV

After this trip we were very generous and let my brother in law and his girlfriend go out to the world on our points in Nov 2009 so that they could have one last trip before their first baby arrived. They stayed at a studio in OKW which they loved.

Coming from the UK we get to go to Disney every 18months - 2 years so we always go for around 2 weeks. We are currently planning our first Halloween trip for this October. We are booked for a 1 bed savannah at Kidani but we are so tempted to try and change to a 1 bed Wilderness Lodge when the 7month window opens. Decisions decisions!

I really don't know yet which my favourite DVC resort is but I am planning on having fun trying them all so I can make a decision on this. I know that I will always have a soft spot though for our home resort though.
United Kingdom Mouse Ears Mickey\'s glove Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Emma! Disney Vacation Club Member I link to MouseScrappers! Monorail Minnie\'s Bow Minnie\'s Shoe Earful Tower Eiffel Tower Sorcerer\'s Hat Speed Scrapper! Mickey Pumpkin Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Christmas Tree I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers!

hobbes130 is offline   Reply With Quote