View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 01:12 PM   #4
iheartdisneypins
On Casey Jr, going 'round the track

Software: Photoshop
Camera: iPhone 6
There are several things you can do in Photoshop.

The warp tool is fun and easy. Do a transform, warp. You can push the paper around like putty. To curl the edge, just grab a corner control point and peel it back like the paper is curling... like the edge of a sticky. You still need to dodge and burn or something for the shadows, but you'll get the right shape.

Liquify filter gives you similar control. To make the liquify filter a little more friendly and not use so much memory, make a selection around the area you want to work on, then choose the filter.

I'm not exactly clear on what you are doing, but if you have a pencil under something, you can also do a displacement map to make the paper look "bumped" out. That process is little more complicated. I did a quick search and there are several tuts out there - I don't know how good they are, but search on how to do a displacement map in photoshop.

Good Luck!

Melissa
Adobe Certified Instructor
inspire-me.com
cyberelement.com
I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Flag Disney Vacation Club Member Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Expedition Everest Contemporary Resort 1 Boardwalk 1 Star Tours Cheshire Cat 1 Mouse Ears Big Eyes Grumpy Captain EO Magical Express Contemporary Resort 2 Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland)

iheartdisneypins is offline   Reply With Quote