Go Back > Scrapbooking > Let's talk about Scrapbooking
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest

Old 10-01-2014, 07:57 PM   #1
Just parked the car
First Timer looking for help!

I'm Steffi and I'm a recent college grad with lots of free time while I'm looking for a job. I decided to try scrapbooking to keep me occupied. I went on a Disney Cruise and a trip to Ireland this summer so I have a lot to keep me busy! I decided to try a page for Pirate Night as my first attempt and I feel like every time i move things around it just looks worse and worse! Can someone please give me some advise on how to make this page look a little better?

These are just the things im working with, nothing is glued down yet...
PS its not on a wood table or anything haha the paper looks like wood, im going for the pirate ship look haha.

Shendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2014, 06:14 AM   #2
E Ticket Holder
Software: Creative Memories
Camera: Nikon D3300, Olympus TG-3, Sony, and my phone - Samsung S6
Welcome! And might I say great way to spend some down time!!!

I think it looks great - I would say though that sometimes matting your pictures (pop of color underneath them) will help make the pictures stand out. I would consider pulling either the red from the stripes or the brown from the large logo circle in the bottom right hand corner.

I think how you have the pictures balanced catty corner from each other and the elements in the other empty space works well.

Another suggestion would be to move the fireworks photo (matted with brown maybe) and put it on top of the striped paper - but that starts to throw the balance of everything else off, and I'd need to play with it to see how it looked.
Magical Express Minnie\'s Bow Contemporary Resort 1 Pirate Ears Star Tours D23 Member Monorail Mouse Ears It\'s a Small World Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Jungle Cruise Contemporary Resort 2 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Flag United States of America Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! Expedition Everest I love DCL! I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Christmas Tree Turkey Anna Carol helped me book my vacation! Elsa Olaf Sven Ive met another MouseScrapper

tinkerbell1112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:29 PM   #3
Trekking along the Maharajah trail
I also think is looks nice! Another thought is changing the shape of the photo can help, even just rounding the edges can change the feel of the layout...I think the balance you have created is really nice and the elements are great!
Ive met another MouseScrapper Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts!

Murmer is offline   Reply With Quote