MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Scrapbooking > Let's talk about Scrapbooking
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 09-18-2009, 12:09 PM   #1
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Non-Disney layouts - post here

While MouseScrappers is geared towards Disney layouts, feel free to share non-Disney layouts here that you feel especially proud of (or perhaps want a little creative input from others)

Thanks to Kathryn (cassidyk) for the suggestion

Some ground rules: Let me be upfront about this thread to avoid any possible misunderstandings. I don't want it to turn into a place for advertising new products (directly or subliminally), or it will get out of control very quickly. While I'm willing to allow mention of Disney-esque products on this thread and this thread, I'm not as comfortable allowing the flood gates to open on everything else, here. There are plenty of other websites for that. I don't want to be the bad guy - I don't want to have to close this thread, so please keep this thread about layouts personal to your heart - events/people you are really proud of, favorite layouts, favorite photos, layouts you worked really hard on, etc. Thanks for your cooperation.

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2009, 09:27 AM   #2
cassidyk
Taking the Studio Backlot Tour

Software: SBC+ 3.0
Re: Non-Disney layouts - post here

Well since I suggested this thread it only seems right that I should be the first to contribute to it. As I mentioned in my introduction I am still very shy about sharing my work amongst all of the amazing talent that I have seen on here (and transfered from the other place we don't need to talk about) but I guess the only way to get over something is to do it right? So here it goes!

This is a two page spread I did for my DD's album after she and DS spent a fun afternoon trying out DS's new water table. Any and all cc is welcome and I hope you enjoy!

Credits
Everything from Summer Fun by Kate Castillio
It\'s a Small World United States of America Mouse Ears Carousel horse Angel Limited Edition Amazon pin #6 Jungle Cruise Boardwalk 1 Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Monorail Magical Express I love DCL! Skyway Earful Tower Minnie\'s Bow Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Kathryn! 2011 Special Edition pin #7 Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Great Britain Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey\'s shorts Captain EO Teacups Mickey\'s glove Mickeys shoe Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Dog Rocket Jets Beast

cassidyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:34 AM   #3
cassidyk

Okay, since I am jumping in with both feet I thought I would add two more.
First:

Journaling reads:
When I first found out I was pregnant with you I immediately starting making a mental "wish list" of things that I hoped my baby would have. I hoped you would get your Daddy's skin tone so you would tan easily instead of burn easily like I do in the sun. I also hoped you would get your Daddy's dimples because I have always thought dimples are just adorable (after all it was one of the first things that attracted me to your Daddy). But my number wish for my first baby was that you would get my blue eyes. They have always been the feature that I like best about myself and that have brought me the most compliments so naturally I wanted to pass them along to my you. So as you can imagine I was thrilled when you first opened your eyes and I saw your beautiful bright baby blues looking back at me. I had gotten my wish and I couldn't have been happier.
Credits
Alpha: Land of Fantasy by Britt-ish Designs and Sahlin Studio
Frames: Creative memories freebie
Everything from In the Blues-Trish H Designs
It\'s a Small World United States of America Mouse Ears Carousel horse Angel Limited Edition Amazon pin #6 Jungle Cruise Boardwalk 1 Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Monorail Magical Express I love DCL! Skyway Earful Tower Minnie\'s Bow Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Kathryn! 2011 Special Edition pin #7 Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Great Britain Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey\'s shorts Captain EO Teacups Mickey\'s glove Mickeys shoe Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Dog Rocket Jets Beast

Old 09-19-2009, 09:50 AM   #4
cassidyk

And of course to be fair I couldn't leave DS out:

Journaling reads:
When I first found out I was pregnant with your sister I immediately starting making a mental "wish list" of things that I hoped my baby would have. And when I found out I was pregnant with you I made that same "wish list." I hoped you would have Daddy's skin tone so you would tan easily instead of burning easily like me. I hoped you would have Daddy's dimples because I have always thought dimples are just adorable (after all it was one of the first things that attracted me to your Daddy). And the final item on my list of wishes was that you would have my blue eyes. Although I did not find out until you after your first birthday that you did in fact inherit Daddy's ability to tan easily I knew the first time I looked at you that my other two wishes had indeed come true. You had big beautiful blue eyes and dimples that are next to impossible to resist!
Credits
Background paper: Pocket full of Sand-Just mommies blog train
Alpha: Land of Fantasy-Britti-ish Designs & Sahlin Studio
Frames: Creative memories freebie
Buttons:In the Blues-Trish H Designs

Old 09-19-2009, 07:00 PM   #5
Pooh46
Watching the kids play in a bug's land

Software: Adobe CC
Camera: Nikon D5300

Great layouts, Kathryn! Perfect alpha for the "water table" and such cute pictures! I'll add one to the thread. I've been doing a series of layouts for my adult daughter who went to Educator's Space Camp this summer. This is one from their simulated spacewalk. Nothing like floating in air!

Credits:
YB Designs: Tuesday Template 9/08/09
Britt-ish Designs:
Galactic Alliance
We're Just Dating - V.3
Britt-ish Designs and DeCrow Designs: Very Merry - red alpha
Erica Zane: EZ Journals
Mouse Ears Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s shorts I link to MouseScrappers! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Disney Vacation Club Member Boardwalk 1 Magical Express I love DCL! United States of America Sorcerer\'s Hat Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Teacups Minnie\'s Bow Earful Tower Ive met another MouseScrapper

Pooh46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:17 PM   #6
TheWerners
In Town Square, envisioning Walt giving his speech

Super cute ladies! Thanks for starting this thread.... Here's one I did tonight...

CREDITS
*2001 WDW - CBR & DCL Bahamas Cruise (Disney Magic) *2008 DCL 7 Night Mex. Riviera Cruise (Disney Magic) *Anxiously waiting for 2010 WDW 10 Day Trip - CSR and AKL CL *Disneyland - more times than I can count over the past 34 years!
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar

TheWerners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:43 AM   #7
snowdrop

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Canon & Sony

This is one of my more recent non-Disney LOs, and one of my favorites. I wanted to do this LO for ages, and finally had the right excuse & kit! I used to be cute, didn't I? Click for credits.

See the over 290 characters I've met at WDW, DL, & DLP: I Love Characters

Disney digital scrapbook LOs: (40+ trips, 2007-2018)
Disney paper albums: 2007 (a work in progress!) / 2003-2007 day trips
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Heather! I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Captain EO Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pooh Marie Cupcake Ive met another MouseScrapper I love DCL! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Eiffel Tower

snowdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:44 AM   #8
cassidyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh46
Great layouts, Kathryn! Perfect alpha for the "water table" and such cute pictures! I'll add one to the thread. I've been doing a series of layouts for my adult daughter who went to Educator's Space Camp this summer. This is one from their simulated spacewalk. Nothing like floating in air!

Image linked.

Credits:
YB Designs: Tuesday Template 9/08/09
Britt-ish Designs:
Galactic Alliance
We're Just Dating - V.3
Britt-ish Designs and DeCrow Designs: Very Merry - red alpha
Erica Zane: EZ Journals
Pam-What a perfect layout for Britt's new kit! I love the feeling of motion that background paper gives and boy does that weightless excercise look like fun!

Old 09-20-2009, 05:47 AM   #9
cassidyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWerners
Super cute ladies! Thanks for starting this thread.... Here's one I did tonight...

CREDITS
Christy-What an incredibly sweet and touching moment! I remember how much it meant to me as a kid to have my grandparent's come to my activities and support me--how wonderful that such a special moment has been preserved forever more. Thanks so much for sharing!

Old 09-20-2009, 05:51 AM   #10
cassidyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdrop
This is one of my more recent non-Disney LOs, and one of my favorites. I wanted to do this LO for ages, and finally had the right excuse & kit! I used to be cute, didn't I? Click for credits.

Heather-This layout just makes me smile! You are so right about that being the perfect kit. All around adorable!!