MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Let's talk about DISNEY! > Disney News and information
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 01-25-2014, 02:39 PM   #1
janette
Taking a Journey Into Imagination

Disneyland Paris

Any tips for Disneyland Paris? I'll be able to go for a couple of days this summer with my younger daughter.

What should we not miss?

Any of the partner hotels especially nice? Looking to do this as cheap as possible and they price out a little better.

janette is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2014, 08:06 PM   #2
scottygirl
In Town Square, envisioning Walt giving his speech

Software: Photoshop CS5
Camera: Canon dSLR Rebel xSi
I haven't been in about 15 years and a lot has changed since then. If you like roller coasters, I would say definitely DO NOT MISS Space Mountain. I liked it at DP more than DLR or WDW (not something I usually say hehe).

And the Alice in Wonderland themed labyrinth was lots of fun

Sorry I can't offer more help about hotels and such, but any info I would give you would be grossly outdated hehe.

scottygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:48 PM   #3
winipeg1
I'm Soarin' over California

Software: Craft artist
Camera: sony alpha 33
Don't count on character meets- Disneyland Paris have NO system for this. Any time I have been there and characters are out there is no line to wait in its kinda like a semi circle around the character and you kinda just got to go for it and step up- photos are always naff cause you have other people in them

United Kingdom Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Mickey\'s shorts Magical Express Boardwalk 1 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar

winipeg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:51 PM   #4
winipeg1

I like walking inside the castle- the stain glass windows are beautiful and you can get some really nice photos here, also go see the dragon 'under' the castle/ it's not amazing but I believe it's the only castle that has a dragon under

United Kingdom Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Mickey\'s shorts Magical Express Boardwalk 1 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar

Old 04-04-2014, 05:07 PM   #5
winipeg1

Crush's coaster is worth going on and the usual rockin roller coaster, tower of terror, space mountain, thunder mountain are all great rides. My dd loved the toy story land

Show wise I really like animagique.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:39 AM   #6
Spacecadetswife
Enjoying the view from the Swiss Family Treehouse

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Canon Mark III & Panasonic Lux5
We were there a couple of years ago, and I thought it was a really beautiful park. Definitely bring the big camera for photos. It's a small park, so you won't be lugging it too far. We're DVC and stayed on points at the Disneyland Hotel. It's stunning, but I wouldn't pay the cash prices for it. We only stayed two nights, as we were heading into Paris for the longer portion of our trip.

Don't miss the stained glass at the castle. While we were there, it was the "Once Upon a Dream" parade. It's probably switched out by now, but that parade was some serious eye candy.

Made a reservation to eat at Walt's, and while it's a bit pricey, it's extremely good. We also ate at Earl of Sandwich and Planet Hollywood. We were craving some American eats, as we were living over there at the time.

As someone else has stated, it's a bit of scrum around the characters, and the smoking in the park really drove me nuts.

The park is very convenient to train station, and I would highly recommend that method of travel.

Last edited by Spacecadetswife; 04-30-2015 at 06:23 AM.

Spacecadetswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 06:29 PM   #7
bellbird

Software: PhotoshopCS6
Camera: Canon 7D
Hi there - just saw this - we're from australia and it was 2013 when we went so conversion might be different but we found staying at the bottom level of disney properties when u took into account meals (which are especially expensive there) and extra magic hours time (so worth it for fave rides) and proximity was on par with other hotels (it was also easier to meet characters at the hotel - there was an actual 'line' with ropes and all but strict cut-off times - we missed quite a few by a few people (we also found european hotels tend to call family rooms 2 double beds and wanted seperate beds for our kids so the Cheyenne was the only one with bunks so that was the deciding factor)

our faves were their fireworks show (i think it was called dreams with projection on castle and such), the castle walk thru stained glass is gorgeous & the labarynth was great. The do do great parades - Stars and Cars parade at Walt Disney Studios is apparently one of a kind now - it used to be in florida like ages ago according to snowdrop/heather but it was good for photos too. Peter Pan's Flight and Dumbo had never ending lines and Toy Storyland i believe doesnt exist in the US but Paris and Hong Kong both have it and the themeing is fab. I only wish Ratatouille World (or whatever it's called) had been opened when we went -it looks amazing. Enjoy!

(also as far as international disney's go - the DLP website is really good, make sure u check the 'closures and maintenance' type lists before u get your hopes up for things - hong kong's site was useless and made planning a pain)

ETA: i just saw the year on your original post! gosh - assuming u had a good time

Cali Disneyland 2004; DLP 2013; HK DL 2015!
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Eiffel Tower It\'s a Small World Hong Kong

bellbird is offline   Reply With Quote