MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Weekly Challenges
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
Yzerbear19
Watching the Jedi Training Academy

Software: PS 7.0 / PS CS2
Camera: Canon Rebel SL1 / Canon PowerShot SX130 IS
Weekly Challenge #6 (10/21 to 10/27)

I know I'm early posting this, but my Internet has been acting strange today, so I wanted to post it while it was working.

“Magic Mirror, on the wall, who is the fairest one of all?”

It’s time for a story challenge! To celebrate the release of Snow White on DVD we are going to use the story of Snow White as our inspiration. Your layout does not have to be about Snow White. We’re just using the story as the inspiration for the challenge.

REQUIREMENTS

1. Layout needs to be Disney related

2. The Evil Queen asks the Magic Mirror who is the “fairest one of all” so to represent the Magic Mirror USE AT LEAST ONE FRAME.

3. The magic mirror tells the Evil Queen that one with “Lips red as the rose. Hair black as ebony. Skin white as snow” is more fair than she. USE AT LEAST ONE BLACK AND WHITE PHOTO. You can have more than one photo, but at least one should be black and white.

4. Snow White wears a red ribbon in her hair. USE AT LEAST ONE RIBBON.

5. When Snow White is in the woods she comes across the cottage of the 7 Dwarves, so to represent them on your layout USE THE SAME TYPE OF ELEMENT 7 TIMES. It should NOT be the exact element repeated 7 times. Try to use different sizes and colors.

6. The 7 Dwarves work in a mine with lots of gems and jewels. USE AT LEAST ONE GEM, JEWEL, OR CRYSTAL.

7. The Evil Queen wants the hunter to bring Snow White’s heart back in a box, so USE AT LEAST ONE HEART.

8. The Evil Queen gives Snow White a shiny red poison apple. INCORPORATE SOMETHING RED on your layout.

Here is my layout:

[Click for credits]

I don’t have a prize for this challenge, but I do have a pretty awesome participation prize for everyone who completes a layout:

I’ve had a *TON* of requests for a template of my “Disneyland Memories” layout and the only way to get it will be through this challenge. It will not be offered again.

You have until MIDNIGHT on October 27, 2009.

Have fun!
Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Pirate Ears Thanks for bringing in so many new people Melissa! Pirate Flag I link to MouseScrappers! Speed Scrapper! It\'s a Small World Ive met another MouseScrapper

Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2009, 10:32 PM   #2
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Re: Weekly Challenge #6 (10/21 to 10/27)

Wow... Thanks for putting together such a well thought-out challenge! It will be interesting to look for everyone's elements. And, what an awesome participation prize! I better make sure I get mine done in time!

Pretty layout... all your colors work together so nicely... and great job of clustering.

Thanks so much for hosting!

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Old 10-20-2009, 11:29 PM   #3
Krisi616
Stopping to get photos of floral Mickey

OMG... I want this template, guess I better get busy! The challenge is great - Melissa you always do such a great job thinking out the challenge and making the instructions fun.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:46 AM   #4
TanyaH666
Fascinated by the World of Color

Software: CS5 and PSE8
Camera: Sony NEX-5R & QX-100

my goodness! i am gonna lose sleep over this one! lol, but getting that template will totally be worth it!! love it!
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Jungle Cruise I link to MouseScrappers! Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Tanya! Speed Scrapper! Captain EO Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I got Maleficent as a dragon for referring people to MouseScrappers! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Expedition Everest Magical Express Pirate Dog Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Pop Century Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Cutester Minnie Pumpkin King Kaa Ursula Pete Ive met another MouseScrapper Eiffel Tower

Old 10-21-2009, 06:19 AM   #5
jeffsamber
I'm on the tram

OH MY!!!! So stinkin' excited! Loooooove the template! Got back from Disney 36 hours ago so I have puh-lenty of pics to fill that up. Better get working!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Old 10-21-2009, 06:33 AM   #6
Fran98765
Stopping for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern

Software: PS CS6
Camera: Kodak P&S

Sounds fun, hopefully I will have time to do this since I will be out of town most of this challenge week!
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears Monorail Thanks for being so helpful to others Fran! I link to MouseScrappers! I got Maleficent as a dragon for referring people to MouseScrappers! Cheshire Cat 1 Star Tours Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Teacups Carousel horse Pirate Ears Mickey\'s glove It\'s a Small World Rocket Jets Magical Express I love DCL! United States of America Minnie\'s Bow Contemporary Resort 1 Earful Tower Pirate Dog Fantasmic

Old 10-21-2009, 06:34 AM   #7
fonnetta
Randomly selected to dine in Club 33!

FANTASTIC challenge. can't wait to get started!!! What an AWESOME prize too!! Thanks so much for hosting
My SS List

Old 10-21-2009, 07:13 AM   #8
cassidyk
Taking the Studio Backlot Tour

Software: SBC+ 3.0

Melissa you must be reading my mind! On our trip back from WDW this weekend I kept thinking that I was going to have to attempt to replicate your Disneyland memories layout somehow because it would be a perfect way to start this trip's albums and lucky me you have created a template!!!

Off to look through the insane number of pictures from this trip to decide which to use for this awesome challenge. I am so excited! Thanks Melissa for making my day!
It\'s a Small World United States of America Mouse Ears Carousel horse Angel Limited Edition Amazon pin #6 Jungle Cruise Boardwalk 1 Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Monorail Magical Express I love DCL! Skyway Earful Tower Minnie\'s Bow Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Kathryn! 2011 Special Edition pin #7 Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Great Britain Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey\'s shorts Captain EO Teacups Mickey\'s glove Mickeys shoe Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Dog Rocket Jets Beast

Old 10-21-2009, 07:56 AM   #9
QueenV284
Buying my Disneyland park tickets

This is such a great challenge and I love the participation prize. I can't wait to get my page done!

Old 10-21-2009, 09:14 AM   #10
scrappin5kids
In Town Square, envisioning Walt giving his speech

OK Melissa....I have to have that template!! I have to hunt around to find something since our first DL trip isn't till Nov...but I will find something! So fun!

Closed Thread