MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Weekly Challenges
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 06:48 PM   #41
MJAJmom
E Ticket Holder

Software: PSE 7.0
I really loved the participation prize, those date stamps are just awesome. That was my motivation to try my first challenge. I'm still trying to figure out how to post in the gallery (I already posted in the MK forum).

Credits:
paper & elements - Dede Smith Believe in the Magic
font - Pea Danielle Renee
Pirate Ears Minnie\'s Bow Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears Teacups Pirate Flag Monorail Carol helped me book my vacation! Magical Express Star Tours Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest Rocket Jets United States of America Mickey Pumpkin

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2010, 06:50 PM   #42
ngneer98
In the Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room

Software: PSE 8.0
Camera: Sony Alpha 700
Send a message via Yahoo to ngneer98
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrievingmommy View Post
Thanks for the great PP Melissa and for the idea. Mine's a little different. I scrapped a Day at Disneyland that I would never forget. I hesitate to share because it is so personal - I guess just beware if you read the journaling.
[IMG][/IMG]
Credits: All scrap stuff from Forrester's Wish Collab Kit. Paper, Clouds, Crown and Mickey Balloon by Lauri Ann HGD, Frame and Heart frame by Kristen, Dandelions by dinskip, Ribbon and glitter trail by Diamante.
Journaling: A Day at Disneyland I will never forget...
It was February 21, 2006, just 3 days after your funeral.
I was in shock. I didn’t know what to do with myself... no hospital room,
no round the clock medications, no feeding tube, no making your food,
my life was gone.
you were gone, in the ground, in a pink casket, with dying flowers on top.
We ran away, what else could we do?
We took Tyson, our lifeline, and ran or more accurately drove and drove.
Where else would we end up, but Disneyland? The place where we’d found so
much happiness before.
So we went...
and it was a mess, or I was a mess.
I didn’t see or realize that I would never want to be in the Happiest Place on
Earth when my child was in the ground, in a grave, buried.
Who could know what they would feel? Who SHOULD know how that feels?
“Tyson deserves this. He’s been stuck in a hospital room forever.”
And that was true.
But I was heartbroken and I did NOT want to be there.
I tried. I put on a happy face for Tys when he was meeting Mickey, I smiled
as he ran around Tom Sawyer’s Island, and I took
pictures still. But I wasn’t in them.
I was doing the best I could but nothing could be okay unless you came back.
No one could tell me which princess you would have loved, which character would
be your favorite, which ride you’d adore and beg for,
or what toy you would want.
I will never know those things and Disneyland will never be the same...
... ever again.
That day was just a beginning for the life I would lead from then on.
I still hurt, cry and wonder when I’m at Disneyland,
and I always will.
Thank you for sharing that story. I don't know what to say, other than I'm so so sorry for your loss. But the love you had and continue to have for your little girl will never die. {HUGS} to you, and may God give you the strength you need. Take care.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:49 PM   #43
Susan0326
Admiring the architecture of Morocco

Software: PSE 11 & Lightroom
Camera: Nikon 5300
Diana,
I'm so sorry for your loss. It broke my heart to read your journaling. You are so strong to be able to scrap something so painful. I know it's therapeutic to create and express your feelings this way. I will be praying for you and your family. I cannot imagine the pain you've been through. Glad you have joined us here to share our stories together.

Susan

Been There, Done That, Going Back!
1972 ~ 1977 ~ 1989 ~ 2001 Grosvenor ~ 2003 AS Movies ~ 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 Pop Century ~
2008 POR ~ 2009, 2010, 2011 Pop Century ~ 2012 CBR ~ 2013 Pop Century ~ 2014 CBR ~ 2017 POFQ
Mouse Ears Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Sorcerer\'s Hat United States of America Monorail Pirate Ears I link to MouseScrappers! Skyway Earful Tower Pop Century Ursula Captain EO Expedition Everest

Old 02-13-2010, 12:05 AM   #44
longhorn
Admiring the nostalgic touches on Buena Vista Avenue

Here's my entry for this week. Thanks for the idea, I wasn't sure before what to do with all these pictures! These were all taken on our "rest day" when we spent the day at Downtown Disney. Great challenge Melissa!

Maracas Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Sorcerer\'s Hat

Old 02-13-2010, 01:08 AM   #45
rosepup77
Just parked the car

Here is my LO for this wonderful challenge:

(click for credits)

Old 02-13-2010, 07:48 AM   #46
Natalie from Pa
It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Location: I live about 10 minutes from the Sweetest Place on Earth.....Hershey, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrievingmommy View Post
Thanks for the great PP Melissa and for the idea. Mine's a little different. I scrapped a Day at Disneyland that I would never forget. I hesitate to share because it is so personal - I guess just beware if you read the journaling.
[IMG][/IMG]
Credits: All scrap stuff from Forrester's Wish Collab Kit. Paper, Clouds, Crown and Mickey Balloon by Lauri Ann HGD, Frame and Heart frame by Kristen, Dandelions by dinskip, Ribbon and glitter trail by Diamante.
Journaling: A Day at Disneyland I will never forget...
It was February 21, 2006, just 3 days after your funeral.
I was in shock. I didn’t know what to do with myself... no hospital room,
no round the clock medications, no feeding tube, no making your food,
my life was gone.
you were gone, in the ground, in a pink casket, with dying flowers on top.
We ran away, what else could we do?
We took Tyson, our lifeline, and ran or more accurately drove and drove.
Where else would we end up, but Disneyland? The place where we’d found so
much happiness before.
So we went...
and it was a mess, or I was a mess.
I didn’t see or realize that I would never want to be in the Happiest Place on
Earth when my child was in the ground, in a grave, buried.
Who could know what they would feel? Who SHOULD know how that feels?
“Tyson deserves this. He’s been stuck in a hospital room forever.”
And that was true.
But I was heartbroken and I did NOT want to be there.
I tried. I put on a happy face for Tys when he was meeting Mickey, I smiled
as he ran around Tom Sawyer’s Island, and I took
pictures still. But I wasn’t in them.
I was doing the best I could but nothing could be okay unless you came back.
No one could tell me which princess you would have loved, which character would
be your favorite, which ride you’d adore and beg for,
or what toy you would want.
I will never know those things and Disneyland will never be the same...
... ever again.
That day was just a beginning for the life I would lead from then on.
I still hurt, cry and wonder when I’m at Disneyland,
and I always will.

I am so sorry for your loss.
This layout..... what a beautiful piece of art you have created.
United States of America Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Minnie\'s Bow Teacups I link to MouseScrappers! Earful Tower Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mickey Pumpkin Jungle Cruise Maracas Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I got the Tree of Life for referring people to MouseScrappers! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Eiffel Tower Cheshire Cat 1 Rocket Jets It\'s a Small World Monorail Contemporary Resort 1 Carousel horse Magical Express Ive met another MouseScrapper

Old 02-13-2010, 09:06 AM   #47
QuiltyMom
E Ticket Holder

Software: Creative Memories SBC+ 4.0
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ150
Cool date stamp, Melissa! I love this challenge idea. Off to work on it...

Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Jan! Mouse Ears Earful Tower Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s shorts Mickey\'s glove It\'s a Small World Eiffel Tower Monorail Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups Viking Ship I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Skyway Carousel horse Pop Century Magical Express Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I love DCL! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Jungle Cruise Rocket Jets Ive met another MouseScrapper

Old 02-13-2010, 10:22 AM   #48
Scrappy Tink
Just parked the car

want to enter challenge but dont know how to upload pictures

hi I found these directions on site To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.

On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.

But I dont see anywhere that it says Manage attachments. am I blind

Old 02-13-2010, 10:28 AM   #49
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Tink View Post
hi I found these directions on site To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.

On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.

But I dont see anywhere that it says Manage attachments. am I blind
Tink - here are some tips... let me know if this helps.
http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...php?f=9626&a=7

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Old 02-13-2010, 10:31 AM   #50
Fran98765
Stopping for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern

Software: PS CS6
Camera: Kodak P&S
Carol has updated the forum/gallery a couple times, so that may be outdated info.

1. Click the gallery link on top (all the way on top).
2. Click upload (must be logged in first)... link all the way on the right, on the top bar under the ads.
3. Click browse to find your .jpg image, must be under 180k and should be 600x600. Add a title and your credits/info in the description box and click submit. You may wish to change the drop down "no" to "yes" if you want to receive your comments in your email box before clicking submit.
4. You will get another page you can add more info if necessary or confirm your submit.
5. Click on the layout you just uploaded.
6. Scroll down under your large picture of your layout. See the line that says "Linked Image"? Click your mouse on the web address box next to that text. The text bar will highlight in blue or whatever color you changed it to. Either tap Cntl-C on your keyboard or right click on the blue (or other color) bar and choose copy.
7. Head to the forum and the challenge or area thread you wish to post in. Click new post or reply or whichever you need to do. Paste your info by either Cntl-V on the keyboard or right click and choose paste. There you will have your perfect linked image.
8. Add any additional text above or below the link, do not separate the link, if desired. Click submit post.
9. Voila, done.
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears Monorail Thanks for being so helpful to others Fran! I link to MouseScrappers! I got Maleficent as a dragon for referring people to MouseScrappers! Cheshire Cat 1 Star Tours Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Teacups Carousel horse Pirate Ears Mickey\'s glove It\'s a Small World Rocket Jets Magical Express I love DCL! United States of America Minnie\'s Bow Contemporary Resort 1 Earful Tower Pirate Dog Fantasmic

Closed Thread