MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Let's talk about DISNEY! > Disney News and information > Park changes/openings
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 03-06-2011, 02:15 AM   #1
Linece
Trying to find Nemo in the Tomorrowland lagoon

Software: Publisher and Gimp for the photos
Camera: Lumix panasonic and Nikon 1
La Gazette de Disneyland Paris - Disneyland Paris Gazette

Hi everyone, there's big changes actually in DLP and I thought maybe some of you will be interested ...

First of all, for every Mousescrappers who come this year ,bad news !
The castle is covered with a protective canvas (from now to november) , so it's not very nice for photos !

Next year will be our 20th birthday so they put paint everywhere in the park.
In a few months it will be the turn of the Peter Pan's boat in adventureland.
A part of Fantasyland is closed because the post show of It's a small world is changing. It will be a photolocotion with the princesses next year. And because of that the parade changes, it makes a U turn in the hub. So now you can only see 5 "cars" of the parade instead of 8 !

Now good news, for the Magical moments festival (begin april 6th)
A lot of new photolocations, they use the characters from the parade who can't appear on it.
One with king Louie, Timon, Rafiki and Baloo in adventureland, one with Alice, the Queen, The Rabit and the Mad Hatter in Fantasyland, two in the Studios with the Toy Story Soldiersand Remy from Ratatouille. And an interactive one with Aladin, Genie and the lamp, the guest will be able to make 3 wishes.

New shows,
A small one with Peter pan and Hook and Flash Mc Queen is the guest star of the Stunt show. The Tarzan show will return this summer (i love this one ! )

Last news, at the annual auction assembly they annonced a new attraction , a dark ride Ratatouille for the studios (everyone already knew it but it's now official), certainly for 2012.

This is the UK official tv ad from the park :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dpAvdHvwyE

So my advice will be, if you can wait to come ... come in 2012 because of all the renovations it will be bad for your photos ladies !
I hope my post will help ...

Visit my scrap blog, you're welcome!
France I link to MouseScrappers! Mickey\'s glove Minnie\'s Bow Sorcerer\'s Hat Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Speed Scrapper! Magical Express Cheshire Cat 1 Expedition Everest

Linece is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2011, 05:17 AM   #2
gillscott
Taking a Journey Into Imagination

thank you so much, really useful information
Minnie\'s Shoe United Kingdom Teacups Monorail Minnie\'s Bow Sorcerer\'s Hat Earful Tower Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Magical Express Star Tours Carousel horse Pop Century Pirate Flag Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Eiffel Tower Cutester Bee Kermit 1 Cheshire Cat 1 Big Eyes Goofy Canada Cutester Minnie Herbie

gillscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:33 AM   #3
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Thanks for sharing this news with us!

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:46 AM   #4
Linece
Trying to find Nemo in the Tomorrowland lagoon

Software: Publisher and Gimp for the photos
Camera: Lumix panasonic and Nikon 1
You're welcome, I just realised that I have everyday a lot of information about DLP that I share with french disney fans and I thought it could be great to share it with you too !
I can do it more often if you want, I'm not an expert but I know a lot of peopke working there, it helps !

Visit my scrap blog, you're welcome!
France I link to MouseScrappers! Mickey\'s glove Minnie\'s Bow Sorcerer\'s Hat Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Speed Scrapper! Magical Express Cheshire Cat 1 Expedition Everest

Linece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:57 AM   #5
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Yes, please! It would be nice to get some updated info from someone who knows more about the park than we do!

Side note - my brother came to visit last weekend (he lives in Singapore) and brought me some maps from DLP as well as some tasty cookies. He now has been to each Disney park on Earth (and always brings me maps). Now I have maps from each park around the world! He spent some time showing me lots of photos of your two parks, and explained how some of the attractions differ from the parks in the US. I really want to go there someday!

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:28 PM   #6
dinskip
Taking a relaxing cruise on the Mark Twain

Software: Photoshop
Camera: Nikon
We're going there very soon, so I'll LYK LOL

ETA - would love more info on DLP - especially from insiders/in the know KWIM

dinskip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 03:35 AM   #7
dinskip
Taking a relaxing cruise on the Mark Twain

Software: Photoshop
Camera: Nikon
We're just back after a glorious few days at DLP - and can confirm that the castle can be seen in its full sparkling glory - not a tarpaulin in sight ... it's looking gorgeous and sparkly new

dinskip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:54 AM   #8
inkspots
Enjoying the whimsy of PhilharMagic

Software: PSCS5, PSE 5.0
Camera: Canon 40D
I can't believe it's been 20 years!!!! I was there opening day, it should be that long ago. How exciting to see the park all dressed up and pretty though. Hmmm, maybe I'll make it back for 25 years.

Glad you had a great time Dawn. It's my favorite Disneyland.

inkspots is offline   Reply With Quote