MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Weekly Challenges
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 12:41 AM   #1
Krisi616
Stopping to get photos of floral Mickey

Weekly Challenge #5 {10/14 to 10/20}

I am so excited to host a challenge again - it has been awhile. And this challenge comes just 3 days after returning from the Happiest Place on Earth, during one of my favorite times of year.

This will be a color challenge. I don't want to restrict to just using Halloween photos but I would love to see some Halloween Time layouts! You also need to have a "hidden" (can be not so hidden) mickey and your page must be Disney related.

So simply pull your colors from this picture (orange, yellow, redish brown, browns, black) - basically the sign portion of the photo. Feel free to add in some white as well, if needed.

And here is the layout I created:

It uses:
Midnight Crow from Chelle's Creations
"I Felt Like It" Alpha - Combo (Neutrals & Primary) from Chelle's Creations
Tuesday Template @ ScrapMatters created by Trixie Scraps
Font - JH_Krisi from Jeni Hopewell

One winner will receive a different type of Halloween kit - Jeepers Creepers from Chelle's Creations; as well as some hybrid printables that I created for Chelle just in time for Halloween - Jeepers Creepers: All Wrapped Up! This kit is so fun to create with!

Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. Please post your layouts by 10pm Disneyland Time (PST) next Tuesday the 20th. Don't forget to post your layout in another appropriate forum.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2009, 06:25 AM   #2
fonnetta
Randomly selected to dine in Club 33!

Re: Weekly Challenge #5 {10/14 to 10/20}

I am going to get started right away! Thanks so much for hosting, your LO is fabulous and the prize is AMAZING!!
My SS List

Old 10-14-2009, 07:51 AM   #3
cddiesel
Racing through the icy caverns of the Matterhorn

Software: SBC+ 3.0

What a great challenge!

Now that I have a new computer and my SBC+ is up and running, I'll be back into these challenges!!!

I'll be back this weekend to post my entry.

Christina
Mouse Ears Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Ears Carol helped me book my vacation! Teacups United States of America Monorail Thanks for your help and contributions Christina! Thank you for using the Amazon link! Minnie\'s Bow Pirate Flag Magical Express Boardwalk 1 Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts!

Old 10-14-2009, 08:21 AM   #4
Aussiegirl
E Ticket Holder

Hmmmm, I need to think about this one. I need to come up with a character or something using this colors, since we've never been there around Halloween! Hopefully I can scrap later this week! Thanks for the fun challenge Krisi!
Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar It\'s a Small World Minnie\'s Bow United States of America Carousel horse Monorail Mickey\'s glove Star Tours Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Teacups Minnie\'s Shoe Pirate Dog Eiffel Tower Christmas Tree Thanks for helping with the product forum Dawn! Ive met another MouseScrapper Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s shorts Expedition Everest Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Italy I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Jungle Cruise New Zealand United Kingdom Earful Tower Pirate Flag

Old 10-14-2009, 10:31 AM   #5
Krisi616
Stopping to get photos of floral Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiegirl
Hmmmm, I need to think about this one. I need to come up with a character or something using this colors, since we've never been there around Halloween! Hopefully I can scrap later this week! Thanks for the fun challenge Krisi!
Dawn - What about pooh or tigger? Pooh has red on him but if you just used the other colors for the layout it would work!

Old 10-14-2009, 11:35 AM   #6
britt
E Ticket Holder

I totally thought of Pooh or Tigger pics with this color scheme!! haha

But I do have Halloween Disney pics to scrap, so I'm good to go! Thanks for the fun challenge. LOVE that kit and the printables!

my blog my gallery
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Thanks for bringing in so many new members Britt! I link to MouseScrappers! Speed Scrapper! Mouse Ears Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Magical Express Cheshire Cat 1 Big Eyes Minnie Stormtrooper Boo USA Ive met another MouseScrapper

Old 10-14-2009, 11:50 AM   #7
Fran98765
Stopping for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern

Software: PS CS6
Camera: Kodak P&S

Fun challenge, can't wait to get started!
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears Monorail Thanks for being so helpful to others Fran! I link to MouseScrappers! I got Maleficent as a dragon for referring people to MouseScrappers! Cheshire Cat 1 Star Tours Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Teacups Carousel horse Pirate Ears Mickey\'s glove It\'s a Small World Rocket Jets Magical Express I love DCL! United States of America Minnie\'s Bow Contemporary Resort 1 Earful Tower Pirate Dog Fantasmic

Old 10-14-2009, 01:50 PM   #8
r0binb
Stopping for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern

Software: PS CS5 & CS3
Camera: Sony Cybershot, Sony a55

Fun challenge. I'm searching my stash of photos now.
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Speed Scrapper! Disney Vacation Club Member I love DCL! United States of America Magical Express Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Monorail Teacups Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Minnie Bride Captain EO Star Tours

Old 10-14-2009, 04:04 PM   #9
CAVEA001
Flying to Orlando

Software: Photoshop Elements 6

I love your pumpkin Mickey!
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s glove I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World United States of America Canada Captain EO Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Cheshire Cat 1 I love DCL! Japan

Old 10-14-2009, 04:16 PM   #10
fonnetta
Randomly selected to dine in Club 33!

I didn't have any Halloween pictures of Disneyland..we have only been the one time and it was in the summer. I hope my LO works for the challenge.
I still did pull the colors from the picture and there IS a hidden Mickey!
Thaks so much for the challenge!!!

{LINK}

Credits:
Incredi-Boy kit by Britt-ish Designs
Happiest Kit on Earth freebie by Britt-ish Designs
Date Stamped by Britt-ish Designs
The Real Thing Frames by Chelle's Creations
I Felt Like It-Alpha by Chelle's Creation (re-colored)
Black Alpha Dots by Designs by Tater
My SS List

Closed Thread