MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Scrapbooking > Photography
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 03-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #1
Kilted Candyman
Trying all the props in Toontown

Software: PSE
Camera: Canon PowerShot ELPH 310 HS
Looking for camera recommondations

Hello all,

May have posted in the wrong forum originally. Didn't get any hits.

Over the years I have taken tons of photos. They vary from nasty to that perfect, lucky moment.

The main problem is the dim light one. Both the fireworks and rides. Rides are by far the worst. I can't get a decent shot in Haunted Mansion or Pirates to save my life.

What would you folks recommend? I have a limited budget so I can't get the $1000+ types but I can save a few pennies for a better than the Canon PowerShot ELPH 320 that is my current model.

Thanks,
Jim
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Star Tours Magical Express I love DCL! Pirate Ears Rocket Jets Pirate Dog Pirate Flag D23 Member Sorcerer\'s Hat It\'s a Small World Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie\'s Bow Boardwalk 1 Jungle Cruise Earful Tower Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Monorail Viking Ship Pirates of the Caribbean Skyway Contemporary Resort 1 Contemporary Resort 2

Kilted Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #2
cassidyk
Taking the Studio Backlot Tour

Software: SBC+ 3.0
We are dedicated Canon users on our household and I was in a similar position as what you are describing a couple of years ago and I went with the Canon Powershot SX 40. It has more functionality than a point and shoot without being as complicated or cumbersome as a full fledged SLR. It has an awesome auto mode if you don't want to think about anything but it also has a variety of other modes that allow you to have more control if you want. It has a sports mode and a rapid fire capability which from your post sounds like you would have lots of use for.

I have been thrilled with the zoom and that was one of the other things that I was really missing on my point and shoot. I also really liked that in addition to the built in flash you have the option to add a larger external flash if you wanted. However, thus far I have found that I don't need the flash very often at all.

Like I said the model I have is a couple of years old so you might also want to check into the newer versions of the same product line as well. This is the one I have:

And if you are interested in seeing pictures I shot with it on our Disney cruise/WDW vacation last month please let me know and I will be happy to send you a link. Hope this helps and happy shopping!
It\'s a Small World United States of America Mouse Ears Carousel horse Angel Limited Edition Amazon pin #6 Jungle Cruise Boardwalk 1 Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Monorail Magical Express I love DCL! Skyway Earful Tower Minnie\'s Bow Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Kathryn! 2011 Special Edition pin #7 Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Great Britain Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey\'s shorts Captain EO Teacups Mickey\'s glove Mickeys shoe Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Dog Rocket Jets Beast

cassidyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:55 PM   #3
Belle285
In Town Square, envisioning Walt giving his speech

Software: PSE - 10
Camera: Nikon D3100
I also have the Canon SX40HS and have been very happy with it. It is easy to use (even in manual mode) and takes great pictures.

Belle285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 07:30 AM   #4
AmyLyons
Just parked the car

Camera: d700
If I can add a few tips, then I think you should first determine for what purposes you are buying a camera. Also you can read this article - http://fixthephoto.com/blog/tech-tip...tographer.html
I hope I helped you at least a little!

AmyLyons is offline   Reply With Quote