MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Weekly Challenges
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 08:09 PM   #1
liriel
E Ticket Holder

Software: PSE 12
Camera: Pentax k-x
Weekly Challenge #78 (Mar 23 - Mar 29)

Hi there everyone! I have swim class for my son in the morning, so I figured I would post this tonight instead of at 11 am tomorrow. Thanks for joining me for this weeks challenge.

This week in Disney history I found a lot of music related items. For instance, this week in 1955 “The Ballad of Davy Crockett” hit #1 on the pop charts. In 1990 “Under the Sea” from the Little Mermaid won an Academy Award for best song and in 2000, “You’ll be in My Heart” from Tarzan also wins an Academy Award. Finally in 2006 Hannah Montana debuts. If you all are Disney freaks like I am, then Disney music probably plays a big role in your lives too. I have a separate playlist for it set up on my Zune, so I can listen to just Disney songs, instead of my whole music catalogue.

So for this weeks challenge I want you to scrap a page showcasing Disney music in some way. It can be about a specific song, about the music on Main Street, or perhaps the Beauty and the Beast on Broadway. Just as long as its about the music.

I also want to see some journaling on your page to convey how this music is important to you or affects your life. It doesn’t have to be a lot, but for me scrapbooking is also about writing down the memories, so that someone reading it can understand a little more of the story of your page.

Lastly, I love hidden mickeys, so try to add one or two to your page if you can. Or get creative and add a different type of hidden character like Tinkerbell to your layout.

Everyone who completes this challenge will get this awesome prize Heather of Haynay Designs created for us.

But you need to follow all of the following steps in order to get it:

1) Scrap your LO following the instructions above. (And as always, your LO needs to be Disney related.)
2) Post your LO with the credits in the Weekly Challenge gallery here at MouseScrappers.
3) Add your LO to the venue/attraction threads in the MouseScrappers forum. For example, if your LO is from your breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table, you'd navigate through to Magic Kingdom > Fantasyland > Cinderella Castle > Cinderella's Royal Table and post your LO in that thread.
4) Try to leave comments & love for some of the other challenge participants.
5) Come back to this thread and leave a link to your LO in the gallery AND a link to where your posted your LO in the venue/attractions thread.

Here's the page I scrapped:

Posted here in the forums: http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...9111#post59111

Have fun scrapping! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.
Mouse Ears Jungle Cruise Sorcerer\'s Hat Star Tours Magical Express Captain EO Mickey\'s glove Minnie\'s Bow Mickey Pumpkin Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Monorail United States of America Mickeys shoe It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Skyway I link to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Cheshire Cat 1 Minnie\'s Shoe Thanks for all your help with MouseScrappers Julie! Mickey\'s shorts Contemporary Resort 1 Carousel horse Earful Tower Carol helped me book my vacation! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Stormtrooper Ive met another MouseScrapper

Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2011, 08:27 PM   #2
sparklehal
E Ticket Holder

Software: GIMP,
Camera: Fujifilm
Send a message via Yahoo to sparklehal
It drives my mother crazy how I burst into song all of the time when she says something that reminds me of a lyric or a title! This is perfect for me. I might have to sit down and do it right away!

This one has been in my head today, "The think I love most about rivers is you can't step in the same river twice...The water is always changing, always, flowing. But people I guess can't live that, we all must pay a price, to be safe we lose our chance of ever knowing, what's around the river bend..."
Pirate Ears United States of America Minnie\'s Bow Mouse Ears I link to MouseScrappers! Minnie\'s Shoe Magical Express Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Teacups It\'s a Small World Carousel horse Mickey\'s shorts Sorcerer\'s Hat Expedition Everest Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place April! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Cheshire Cat 1 Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Pirate Dog Mickey Pumpkin Eiffel Tower Monorail Peru Ive met another MouseScrapper United Kingdom Canada

Old 03-23-2011, 04:59 AM   #3
liriel
E Ticket Holder

Software: PSE 12
Camera: Pentax k-x
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklehal View Post
It drives my mother crazy how I burst into song all of the time when she says something that reminds me of a lyric or a title! This is perfect for me. I might have to sit down and do it right away!

This one has been in my head today, "The think I love most about rivers is you can't step in the same river twice...The water is always changing, always, flowing. But people I guess can't live that, we all must pay a price, to be safe we lose our chance of ever knowing, what's around the river bend..."
Awesome. Can't wait to see what you come up with!
Mouse Ears Jungle Cruise Sorcerer\'s Hat Star Tours Magical Express Captain EO Mickey\'s glove Minnie\'s Bow Mickey Pumpkin Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Monorail United States of America Mickeys shoe It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Skyway I link to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Cheshire Cat 1 Minnie\'s Shoe Thanks for all your help with MouseScrappers Julie! Mickey\'s shorts Contemporary Resort 1 Carousel horse Earful Tower Carol helped me book my vacation! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Stormtrooper Ive met another MouseScrapper

Old 03-23-2011, 06:30 AM   #4
shalinao
Enjoying Wishes from the Pirate and Pals Cruise

Software: PSE
Camera: Canon Girl - 40D & Powershot SD980
Oooo this is fun. I'll have to think about it but will hopefully come up with something.
I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Pop Century Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Monorail Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Pirate Ears Expedition Everest Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) United States of America Sorcerer\'s Hat Minnie\'s Bow I love DCL! Pirate Dog Cheshire Cat 1 It\'s a Small World Skyway

Old 03-23-2011, 06:35 AM   #5
gillscott
Taking a Journey Into Imagination

great challenge, i got an idea for something
Minnie\'s Shoe United Kingdom Teacups Monorail Minnie\'s Bow Sorcerer\'s Hat Earful Tower Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Magical Express Star Tours Carousel horse Pop Century Pirate Flag Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Eiffel Tower Cutester Bee Kermit 1 Cheshire Cat 1 Big Eyes Goofy Canada Cutester Minnie Herbie

Old 03-23-2011, 06:38 AM   #6
poohaddict
E Ticket Holder

Software: Storybook Creator 3.0 & PSE9
Camera: Canon Rebel T2i
Interesting I have to think about this chsllenge!!!

My Blog Donna
Carousel horse Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Expedition Everest Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Pirate Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Cheshire Cat 1 Teacups Star Tours Germany Earful Tower Minnie\'s Bow It\'s a Small World Mickey Pumpkin USA Pinocchio Girlie Disney Vacation Club Minnie Cupcake Toy Story Pooh Marie Cupcake Cheshire Cat Cupcake Pirate 2 Pumpkin Mickey Confetti Cupcake Plane Crazy Toy Story Alien Mexico

Old 03-23-2011, 07:44 AM   #7
cmtscrap
E Ticket Holder

Software: Forever Artisan 5.0
Camera: Nikon D5000 and Nikon DX40
Send a message via Yahoo to cmtscrap
Great idea. I may have to dig into the old photos again for this one. I have the perfect song, I just need to find the perfect picture.

I link to MouseScrappers! United States of America Speed Scrapper! Mouse Ears Monorail Magical Express Earful Tower Sorcerer\'s Hat Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Carol helped me book my vacation! Mickey\'s glove I love DCL! Thanks for all your help with MouseScrappers Charlene! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) D23 Member Minnie\'s Bow Pop Century 2011 Special Edition pin #2 2011 Special Edition pin #5 2011 Special Edition pin #7 2011 Special Edition pin #3 D Ticket Disney Vacation Club Member Ive met another MouseScrapper

Old 03-23-2011, 07:47 AM   #8
tukogirl

Fun challenge! I will need to give this one some thought!

Thanks for being so nice to others Andrea! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) It\'s a Small World Teacups Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Skyway I link to MouseScrappers! Speed Scrapper! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Carol helped me book my vacation! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Magical Express Expedition Everest 2011 Special Edition pin #1 2011 Special Edition pin #4 2011 Special Edition pin #2 D23 Member Norway Sulley Big Eyes Minnie I love DCL! Pop Century Big Thunder Cozy Cone Motel Kilimanjaro Safaris Ive met another MouseScrapper Dale Perry

Old 03-23-2011, 08:23 AM   #9
ana_carol
E Ticket Holder

Great challenge!!!
BUt i gotta do some thinking
Great pp by Heather also
Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow Pirate Ears Mickey\'s glove Speed Scrapper! Brazil Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Minnie\'s Shoe Mickey Pumpkin Pop Century Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Ana Carol! Redfan Great Britain Morocco Miss Piggy 1 Canada Wish VoluntEAR - Castle

Old 03-23-2011, 08:59 AM   #10
Enapolez
Having breakfast in Goofy's Kitchen

Software: PSE 8; Paint.net; GIMP
Camera: Nikon D90; D40

OMG, I just did this last night for the scraplift, can I use it here also?

Last edited by Enapolez; 03-23-2011 at 09:07 AM.

Closed Thread