MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Scrapbooking > Photography
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 05-10-2010, 05:36 PM   #11
Kellybell
Enjoying a baguette by the fountains of France

Amazing advise Thank You so so much. I love that you wrote in leyman's terms so to speak. I hope to see many more posts from you on this subject. I have a feeling that you will have a loyal following! Thank you so much for taking the time to post this! YOU ROCK!!!!
I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Ive met another MouseScrapper

Kellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2010, 05:57 PM   #12
stormer
Enjoying the view from the Swiss Family Treehouse

Software: SBC+ 3.0
Thank you for sharing this with us. I love to take tons of pictures on our trips also. I have a hard time getting my husband to wear the same color as me and my boys. You are lucky to have a willing husband! After seeing how great your pages look I am going to try even harder in August to get him to go along with it.

Please continue to share your tips with us. It is so helpful and appreciated!

One question - did you make that Sergio title with Goofy or find it somewhere? I love it!
Disney Vacation Club Member Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears United States of America Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts Star Tours Rocket Jets Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Captain EO Contemporary Resort 1 Monorail Mickeys shoe Minnie\'s Shoe Minnie\'s Bow Pirate Ears Boardwalk 1 Earful Tower Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Cutester Minnie Gingerbread Darth Vader

stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:19 AM   #13
britt
E Ticket Holder

Wow!!! What a great article. Thank you so much!!!!

my blog my gallery
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Thanks for bringing in so many new members Britt! I link to MouseScrappers! Speed Scrapper! Mouse Ears Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Magical Express Cheshire Cat 1 Big Eyes Minnie Stormtrooper Boo USA Ive met another MouseScrapper

britt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:13 PM   #14
jloane
In Town Square, envisioning Walt giving his speech

I'll add my thanks for a great article!! I also insist on color coordinated outfits for my family, and although I get teased unmercifully, everybody has come to agree that it makes for great photos. I also find that it makes packing easier since, instead of everybody having their own suitcase, I pack for the whole family by day. With 5 of us in a room, it's nice to leave several suitcases stacked in the closet til we need them.

I always try to go with Mickey colors (red, yellow, white black) for Magic Kingdom days since there are SO many great kits with those colors. Makes scrapping easier for me as I don't have to obsess over what color scheme to use!

jloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:27 AM   #15
Sand
Watching the kids play in a bug's land

Software: PSE-8
Camera: Nikon D5000
Cynthia, FANTASTIC tips! Especially taking the left, center and right shots. I too come home with TONS of photos and download every night. I get so caught up in reviewing the pics I forget to charge my camera battery. UGH! Journaling went out the window this past trip because I was too busy clicking away. You should have seen the looks I got take pics of the carpet in Conservation Station! All I could think was how great the layout is going to look.

I too have been trying to compile a list of wanted photos, especially the one from the train station looking at the castle. Haven't gotten that one yet. I would love to see your list. Maybe we could all compile a master list together!
What I would contribute are 2 things:
- Try and capture movement. Like the fantastic picture of your son with the balloons jumping in the air!
- We all have the pics with everyone hands by their side, looking straight with a generic smile. Try to either mimic the characters pose or, depending on their mood, try and get the family member/friend and character to strike a pose within the characters story line. For instance, Minnie blowing kisses, Goofy acting well goofy, or "swim" with Goofy/Minnie/Donald at Cape May breakfast. Here are some great examples of the Cape May, just scroll down - http://sites.google.com/site/wdwchar...nt/home/dining. My favorite on her site is the one of her with Tiana and Naveen on "all fours" sticking their tongues out like frogs! Her invisible jedi death grip from Darth Vader Goofy is priceless! She is up to date on the characters since she is a CM. Great to site to bookmark.

I LOVE that you are already planning your 10th anniversary book!! Your books that I have seen are spectacular. That book is going to be outrageous!!

It only makes sense to color coordinate the clothes. If you had a family photo session planned, wouldn't you try and coordinate the everyone's wardrobe? WDW is the only time we get pics of the 4 together. I have read of moms packing each individuals clothes for the day in a gallon size ziplock bags labeled with name and date to make mornings easier.

Cynthia I can't wait for your next post with more tips! Subscribbing!!

Sandy
Disney Vacation Club Member United States of America Contemporary Resort 1 Boardwalk 1 Magical Express Star Tours Carousel horse Rocket Jets I love DCL! I link to MouseScrappers! Canada United Kingdom France

Last edited by Sand; 05-23-2010 at 07:34 AM.

Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:38 PM   #16
poohaddict
E Ticket Holder

Software: Storybook Creator 3.0 & PSE9
Camera: Canon Rebel T2i
WOW amazing info I will be using those tips on our trip in a few weeks.

THANKS YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!

My Blog Donna
Carousel horse Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Expedition Everest Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Pirate Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Cheshire Cat 1 Teacups Star Tours Germany Earful Tower Minnie\'s Bow It\'s a Small World Mickey Pumpkin USA Pinocchio Girlie Disney Vacation Club Minnie Cupcake Toy Story Pooh Marie Cupcake Cheshire Cat Cupcake Pirate 2 Pumpkin Mickey Confetti Cupcake Plane Crazy Toy Story Alien Mexico

poohaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:54 AM   #17
AnnAbbott
Having breakfast at Everything Pop

Software: PSE7
Camera: Canon Rebel xsi
great ideas!

Hey Cyn! I found you here! Love all of the tips. I do some of the same myself. Take pictures of any cool backgrounds, buildings or signs..ect of "the" moment...makes for great extra pictures for you page. Also our family tradition is for the kids to wear a different "Disney" tee shirt for everyday were are in the park. It is so sweet now to see the tees handed down from kid to kid. And my big 10 visit book...our family photo with Mickey! The baby has been to Disneyland every year of her life...even in my tummy...with a photo next to Mickey at his house in ToonTown!
Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups

AnnAbbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:34 AM   #18
Cherry Limeade
Cooling off in Critter Country

Software: PS CS5
Great post! We have a trip this year and I need to start planning the pictures and getting in the vacation photo frame of mind!

Last time we were at the World it rained one day. I didn't take but a few pics that day because of the rain. Does anyone have tips for getting pictures when it rains at the parks? We got some inside (hard because it was dark), but I was so disappointed to not have very many outside shots. This was Epcot, so lots of opportunities!
I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Monorail Carousel horse Magical Express

Cherry Limeade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:49 AM   #19
luv2scrapmm
E Ticket Holder

Software: Craft Artist
Camera: Canon Powershot SX10IS & learning to use my new Nikon D3100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Limeade View Post

Last time we were at the World it rained one day. I didn't take but a few pics that day because of the rain. Does anyone have tips for getting pictures when it rains at the parks? We got some inside (hard because it was dark), but I was so disappointed to not have very many outside shots. This was Epcot, so lots of opportunities!
We usually go in August so we have seen our share of rain.

Here's a layout I did of one rainy moment. I like trying to capture the water dripping off the buildings, in the puddles etc. The details in the photos are more noticeable in the actual layout. I also have pictures of us dripping wet from a surprise shower on one of our first August visits - no layout of it yet - I am waaaayyy behind.

Pirate Ears Speed Scrapper! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest I love DCL! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Haunted Mansion Sorcerers Hat Panda Beast Redfan R2-D2 Boo Toy Story Alien Gingerbread Italy Pigglet 1 Great Britain Morocco Big Eyes Goofy Mickey Bar Pooh Big Eyes Mike Wazowski Norway Cutester Minnie Kermit 1 France Test Track Pumpkin Mickey Germany

luv2scrapmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:54 AM   #20
Cherry Limeade
Cooling off in Critter Country

Software: PS CS5
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2scrapmm View Post
We usually go in August so we have seen our share of rain.

Here's a layout I did of one rainy moment. I like trying to capture the water dripping off the buildings, in the puddles etc. The details in the photos are more noticeable in the actual layout. I also have pictures of us dripping wet from a surprise shower on one of our first August visits - no layout of it yet - I am waaaayyy behind.

Great idea! It didn't even cross my mind to talk about how we adapted! Duh! Thanks!
I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Monorail Carousel horse Magical Express

Cherry Limeade is offline   Reply With Quote