MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Let's talk about DISNEY! > Disney News and information > Park changes/openings
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 02-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #1
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
California Adventure changes

Unless you've been sleeping under a rock (or just don't care that much about California's 'other' Disney park, lol), Disney has been making some major changes to Disney California Adventure. While some of these changes have already been unveiled (e.g. World of Color, Ariel's Undersea Adventure, Goofy's Sky School), there are two major additions on the way: Buena Vista Street and Cars Land. I personally am looking forward to seeing these ideas come to life - Buena Vista Street will give the park a more appropriate entrance than it had before (while paying respect to Walt and Los Angeles during the 1920's), and there are a number of new innovations we'll see with Cars Land. I think a lot of mistakes were made with the initial design of DCA and I'm optimistic that these two new areas will help. The other day I caught a glimpse of the top of the (darkened) Carthay Circle Theater, and I can visualize how it will look all lit up - I think it will look very nice. There are other Disney fan sites which follow the progress very closely (check out MiceChat.com), and I know any info we'd post here would pale in comparison. But Disney is surely going to be advertising more and more about the grand opening (which is slated for June, if I understand correctly). So I thought we could keep a thread going for those who come across any interesting summaries about the changes/opening or have any questions about these areas.

Here is one article that was posted today on Disney.com: http://disney.go.com/disneyinsider/i...ReadMore__Extl

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Last edited by Carolc; 02-21-2012 at 05:10 PM.

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2012, 06:59 AM   #2
dinahfig
Enjoying the view from the Swiss Family Treehouse

Software: Photoshop 7
Camera: Sony Cybershot
Cool!! Maybe I will get to see some of this in October when we go out there for the cruise!!

Mickey\'s glove Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Boardwalk 1 Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Disney Vacation Club Member Magical Express Rocket Jets I love DCL! Pirate Ears Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Mickeys shoe Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Ive met another MouseScrapper Minnie\'s Bow Cheshire Cat 1

dinahfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:42 AM   #3
QuiltyMom
E Ticket Holder

Software: Creative Memories SBC+ 4.0
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ150
I can't wait to see this! Now to figure out how to "do" the park!

And do you know if the Ghirardelli shop will be open this summer?

Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Jan! Mouse Ears Earful Tower Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s shorts Mickey\'s glove It\'s a Small World Eiffel Tower Monorail Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups Viking Ship I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Skyway Carousel horse Pop Century Magical Express Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I love DCL! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Jungle Cruise Rocket Jets Ive met another MouseScrapper

QuiltyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #4
TanyaH666
Fascinated by the World of Color

Software: CS5 and PSE8
Camera: Sony NEX-5R & QX-100
I am so excited for the new changes!! But not excited for the crowds it will bring. lol. I love DCA because it is always pretty empty =)

I am also VERY excited for the Earl of Sandwich to open at DTD too!!
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Jungle Cruise I link to MouseScrappers! Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Tanya! Speed Scrapper! Captain EO Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I got Maleficent as a dragon for referring people to MouseScrappers! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Expedition Everest Magical Express Pirate Dog Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Pop Century Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Cutester Minnie Pumpkin King Kaa Ursula Pete Ive met another MouseScrapper Eiffel Tower

TanyaH666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:27 PM   #5
Carolc
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaH666 View Post
I am so excited for the new changes!! But not excited for the crowds it will bring. lol. I love DCA because it is always pretty empty =)

I am also VERY excited for the Earl of Sandwich to open at DTD too!!
I agree about the crowds... It's going to be a mess back in Cars Land!

Yeah I just read about the Earl of Sandwich. I loved eating there (FL) in November - it's a shame they are taking out the bookstore though. I'm glad I was able to get the book I wanted last week.

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Old 03-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #6
Carolc
Administrator

The official opening day is June 15th. Make sure you don't plan to go to DCA on June 14th as it will be closed to the public "To accommodate a media preview and make final preparations"

I just saw a very nice preview here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG6bnsty02s

Looks like things are coming to life just as they designed them. I look forward to seeing these new areas and attractions!

Studio1955

Last edited by Carolc; 03-08-2012 at 10:32 AM.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:37 PM   #7
inkspots
Enjoying the whimsy of PhilharMagic

Software: PSCS5, PSE 5.0
Camera: Canon 40D
If Cars Land is going to be anything like the Toy Story Land in Hong Kong, I'm really excited. They did such a great job with that. It's been AGES since we've been to the parks in CA. Hopefully when we do go back, it'll be after the mass hysteria.

inkspots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #8
meagan43
Enjoying an Illuminations dessert party

Software: Creative Memories Storybook Creator
Camera: Nikon D3000, Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS, whatever else I can find to use :)
We are all scheduled to go for the opening. I think that it will be a circus since the DL hotels are all sold out.

We are very excited

Anyone else going??

my blog:
http://meaganshowto.blogspot.com/
Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Ive met another MouseScrapper

meagan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #9
meagan43

Camera: Nikon D3000, Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS, whatever else I can find to use :)
Has anyone heard what the "plan" is for the 15th? When we booked our hotel, she made it sound like we would want to go through the front gate early due to the festivities.

my blog:

Old 06-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #10
meagan43

Just got back from the Grand Opening of Cars Land, Buena Vista and DCA! It was a mad-house, but of couse, Disney handled it well.
People started standing in line at 11 pm last night and the gates were not scheduled to open until 9 this morning.
The line was LONG, but it actually went quick. They ended up opening 30 minutes early and were able to snag Fast Passes for Radiator Springs Racers for later this afternoon. I have never seen so many executives and Cast Members. They stood down the pathway and all said "Hello", "We're Glad You're Here", "Welcome", etc
We looked around, checked out the shops, and then ate at Flo's V8 Cafe. They're French Toast was amazing with Caramel sauce drizzed and banana on top.
The regular lines are really long, but everyone was having a great time and just going with the flow. I should know more later.
We took a picture with Red the Fire Engine - sometimes he squirts you. All the cars actually drive down the streets. Red drives to the rescue, Mater went down the street. Mater & Lightning talk to you while you are posing with them.
The Animation Studio was taken over with shopping. All of the Limited Release/Park Opening stuff was in there. They had quite a few neat items up for offering.
We are going back here in a little bit after we are rested and hope to ride some of the rides and grab a Soda "Cone".

my blog: