MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Scrapbooking > Project 2017
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 01-02-2016, 02:24 PM   #1
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Project 2016 - MASTER LIST

Even though I didn't reach my goals during 2015, I'm so happy to hear that some of you met or even surpassed them! It sounds like this has been a good incentive so let's continue on into the new year. I think the best thing to come out of Project 2015 was the strategies we discussed for planning out our books. Some people used Excel, some people used Evernote, some people used other means.

Below, please share what you found most helpful to you during the last year. Also, please state what goals you have for 2016.

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2016, 02:38 PM   #2
meagan43
Enjoying an Illuminations dessert party

Software: Creative Memories Storybook Creator
Camera: Nikon D3000, Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS, whatever else I can find to use :)
I think the thing that was most helpful was the group messages on FB and the SS/Chats. Just seeing messages pop up reminded me to keep working on my goal.

I did lose all track of how many pages I got done, but I did considerable work on my goals. I am only 3 pages away from finishing 1 album and am trying to do it this week, so I can actually check it off.

My goals for this year

Finish Disney 2008 (3 pages to go)
Finish Disney 2012 April, June, October & November albums
Cont to work on Disney 2013-2015 trips
Finish Family 2012 Albums

Print Disney 2008, 2010 & 2011 and 2012s

my blog:
http://meaganshowto.blogspot.com/
Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Ive met another MouseScrapper

meagan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 02:48 PM   #3
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
What helped me during 2015:
- Evernote: My mind goes a mile a minute and it is sometimes hard for me to finish a craft project before the next idea pops into my head. With Evernote I have found that the notes I keep (what photos are available for scrapping, what templates or kits I might want to use) help me to jump right back in and remind me where I left off.

- Facebook group: The group has been a nice mechanism to touch base with people quickly - whether it is for motivation or ideas

Goals for 2016:
Continue working on my honeymoon book! I bought some new digi items over the last few months - they should hopefully help me with some pages that I've been avoiding.

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 03:05 PM   #4
tinkerbell1112
E Ticket Holder

Software: Artisan 5
Camera: Nikon D3300, Olympus TG-3, Sony, and my phone - Samsung S10
Accountability. Having to look at my numbers really helped. I probably scrap that many every year but have never actually counted them. I'm very competitive so if I said a certain number each month I would try my hardest to meet that number.

Facebook. Again, having the notifications pop up reminded me to check my numbers and keep scrapping. And I've loved getting to know people in chats! .

Goals
Finish 2014 Family Book
Finish son's Kindergarten book (I wasn't digital at that point in my life and never made it to those photos)
Put together 2008 Disney book and call it completed (mix of traditional & digital)
Put together 2010 Disney book and call it completed (mix of traditional & digital)
finish my runDisney album from Sept 2015
finish my 2015 Disney cruise
work on 2015 and be close to done as I can
finish my son's 6th grade book
finish my daughters 3rd grade book
2015 Elf book

looks about the same as last year! Probably about the same amount of pages. Because I have fewer weekends away planned this year, I'm not sure I'll get it done but I'm going to aim for 200 pages
Contemporary Resort 1 Pirate Ears Star Tours D23 Member Monorail Mouse Ears It\'s a Small World Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Jungle Cruise Contemporary Resort 2 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Flag United States of America Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! Expedition Everest I love DCL! I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Christmas Tree Turkey Anna Carol helped me book my vacation! Elsa Olaf Sven Ive met another MouseScrapper Teacups Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s glove

Last edited by tinkerbell1112; 01-30-2016 at 07:04 PM.

tinkerbell1112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 10:11 PM   #5
snowdrop

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Canon & Sony
I ended up with 72 layouts last year, not anywhere close to my peak years ago, but WAAAY more than the last few years (I don't even know if I did 10 LOs combined in 2013 & 2014.) So I'm happy! I also am genuinely happy with all my layouts, which is never a sure thing haha.

My goals are the same as last year since I didn't finish anything on my to do list, though I did make a dent in some!

-Continue scrapping rundisney LOs. Of course this keeps going up lol, but I think 90% (at least) of my layouts were rundisney last year, so I kept with that.

-Finish my 2007 album. I only have less than 10 LOs to do, but for some reason I have problems going back and finishing. I only did one LO for this last year, even though this was on my list.

-Finish my 2014 24 hour day book. I am almost finished with this! I wanted it done by the end of the year because I had credits at Shutterfly, but thankfully I still have a free book that doesn't expire until Feb so that's now my hard deadline. I did 10 LOs for this (9 double pagers, one single page), and I only have to do the first page, and front and back covers. They aren't "fancy" LOs, but still took awhile since all the double pagers had 15-18 pics each and lots of journaling. ETA: DONE & PRINTED!!

ETA: Adding a new goal, though it won't start until the end of the year, but it may take me a year to get it in my head to actually do it, lol. I'm going on my first Disney Cruise (YAY!!!) in October. And I just never come close to finishing an album for a trip, since I jump all over the place. So my goal will be to do an album for the cruise! It will start a bit at the end of the year, so this really will be for Project 2017, lol. But finishing my other goals will help to force me to work on the cruise album when the time comes!

I bought a ton of kits on black friday, so hopefully that helps push me to work on LOs too!

Layouts completed

January: 7

January: 7

March: 5

Total: 19

See the over 300 characters I've met at WDW, DL, & DLP: I Love Characters

Disney digital scrapbook LOs: (40+ trips, 2007-2019)
Disney paper albums: 2007 (a work in progress!) / 2003-2007 day trips
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Heather! I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Captain EO Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pooh Marie Cupcake Ive met another MouseScrapper I love DCL! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Eiffel Tower

Last edited by snowdrop; 04-04-2016 at 11:53 AM. Reason: add march totals

snowdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 06:06 PM   #6
Disneysheryl65
Taking the bus to Downtown Disney

Software: SBC4/Artisan
Camera: Cannon Power Shot XS20IS
I surpassed my goals for 2015! Motivation from you guys and finding a non-Disney home to do challenges for my family book in addition to the ones here helped too.

I love the chats/FB group too and getting to know everyone. I have already started planning pages for my goals this year.

Goals for 2016:
Finish 2014 Family book (only about 10 pages left)
2015 Family book
Disney Book - 2 trips combined - girlfriends weekend and school trip in 2015

Disneysheryl65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 08:45 PM   #7
sthompsonfoto
Going thru the EPCOT turnstiles

HELPFUL~
I really loved the excel sheet! It really helped me to keep on track, when I did not have it in front of me while scrapping I got so distracted and found that I rescrapped the same picture sometimes more than once!! So I will be ge3tting a few more of those made up so I can keep on track a little better with that.
I really liked the FB page it was helpful to prompt me along.
Marathon weekend is my biggest lifesaver though! I love getting so many LOs completed in such a short time, my family gets a little hangry but I am pretty happy when the weekend is over! I Completed SOOO much of my 2015 Princess weekend album there last year!

GOALS~
As for goals for this year... I am sure this will change a little when I really get to looking or don't have free time on my hands but, I have started doing scrapping on another site as well for non Disney pics so I am hoping to get caught up with all my 2014 & 2015 pics. So far I have done all of Jan & Feb for both years while completing just less than one month of challenges, although I don't expect to keep up with that pace!!
I also want to do 90% of the challenges here on Mousescrappers to keep up with my Disney albums or maybe I should say maybe get one done!!

And I need to get some albums printed!! I am so bad about getting them printed after I get them completed.

sthompsonfoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 05:17 PM   #8
Murmer
Getting some photos of the Tree of Life

I really liked the accountability! Every month(ish) when the post would show up her and I would look at what I actually did that month...that helped me stay focused.
I am really close to my goal with just a few more pages left from June 2014.
My goal will be complete my April 2015 Disney trip once the June one is done.
Ive met another MouseScrapper Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts!

Murmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 02:04 AM   #9
dawnhueser
Just parked the car

Software: Photoshop creative cloud
Camera: Canon 60D
2016 here we go!

Goals accomplished in spades for 2015.

2016 is gonna be a slower start for me as life happenings are gonna put my scrapping on hold. But then look out!

January - 4 layouts
February - Zero
March - 6 layouts
- wedding album for sister
April - 12
- wedding album for colleague
May - Back to School party Decorations Begin
- 2015 trip album for me
June - August - Back to school party decorations for 150 kids continues
September - Last minute party items & Party
October - Xmas card kits for kids x100
November - Xmas card kits for kids x100
December - Staff gift bags and cards

dawnhueser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:19 AM   #10
scraptraci
Admiring the nostalgic touches on Buena Vista Avenue

Software: pse
Camera: panasonic lumix, cannon rebel
Scraptraci 2016 plans

This is my first year doing this. So I am going to try to set some goals that are hopefully realistic . Feels good to sit and get a bit organized

1. Spend time each week scrapping. Either digi or paper . This should equate to 4 pages a month. So realistic to say 50 pages in the year

2. Finish cleaning up and organizing paper supplies by end of Feb

3. Organize digi supplies in a way that is easiest to find things. (. Love any suggestions people have about how they do it)

4. Install and learn pse13.

5. Learn a new digi technique each month. I still don't know how to do shadows

6. Complete a project 2016 album

7. Make auto books for www trip in Jan and cruise in Mar

8. Plan and start a book for one of our Disney trips

Baymax Sven Perry Test Track

scraptraci is offline   Reply With Quote