MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Scrapbooking > Photography
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 08-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
FlutterBy429
Just parked the car

Software: PSE 8
Camera: Canon Rebel
Coordinating Clothes?

Ok, Ive seen from posts that most of us will coordinate outfits to match the park of the day. Im going in 8 days for our first family trip and I want to do this too. I would love for us to corrdinate each day but not wear exactly the same outfits. What do you suggest for each park?

Im planning on red shirts and denim for MK and brown or green with khaki for AK. But what about Epcot and HS? ideas?

My family is me (27), hubby (28), DS (6) and DS (13 mos).

Thanks!

FlutterBy429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #2
WDW Scrap Princess
E Ticket Holder

Software: CS6~PSE10~SBC
Camera: Nikon D3300
I like to do this:

Primary colors or Princessy Colors = Magic Kingdom
Safari Animal Prints-Browns & Earthy = Animal Kingdom
Royal Blue/Gray/Show biz = Hollywood Studios
Black or "Grown up" Futuristic = Epcot
Orange and California Colors= California Adventure
Princessy Colors=Disneyland

One thing I am doing lately is trying to wear plain (no prints) I think it turns out better for scrapping and makes the Characters stand out more or if I add elements into my page it looks nicer. that is just me!

Hope that helps, check CynthiaY gallery, she does an awesome job with the parks and Outfits!

http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos...name=cynthiay2
Disney Vacation Club Member Minnie\'s Bow Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts It\'s a Small World Carousel horse Magical Express Sorcerer\'s Hat Boardwalk 1 Contemporary Resort 1 Rocket Jets Monorail Eiffel Tower Earful Tower Minnie\'s Shoe Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag I love DCL! Cheshire Cat 1 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Teresa! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I got the Tree of Life for referring people to MouseScrappers! Cutester Minnie Dale Bambi

WDW Scrap Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #3
stormer
Enjoying the view from the Swiss Family Treehouse

Software: SBC+ 3.0
Your ideas sound good. I always do royal or light blue for MK, green or brown for AK (this trip we did a bright green and I wasn't too sure how it would look and I loved it!), gray for Epcot (much cooler than black when you are walking around) and a different shade of blue for HS. Some days my DH doesn't coordinate with the rest of us and it drives me nuts. It looks so nice in the pictures when you all have similar shades on.
Disney Vacation Club Member Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears United States of America Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts Star Tours Rocket Jets Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Captain EO Contemporary Resort 1 Monorail Mickeys shoe Minnie\'s Shoe Minnie\'s Bow Pirate Ears Boardwalk 1 Earful Tower Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Cutester Minnie Gingerbread Darth Vader

stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:23 AM   #4
meagan43
Enjoying an Illuminations dessert party

Software: Creative Memories Storybook Creator
Camera: Nikon D3000, Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS, whatever else I can find to use :)
I have never been able to get my group to coordinate at all. I would love to do that even for 1 day. I used to try to get my kids in similar clothes, but now that they are older, I have given that up. I really love the blogs/pictures that I have seen when people have designed their own special coordinated shirt (especially for a big reunion type group).

my blog:
http://meaganshowto.blogspot.com/
Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Ive met another MouseScrapper

meagan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #5
Fran98765
Stopping for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern

Software: PS CS6
Camera: Kodak P&S
I make shirts for us to wear, it's like making a scrapbook page and then you print it to an iron on transfer. Then you have coordinating shirts! I like to get them at a craft shop like Hobby Lobby, they are MUCH cheaper for the plain t-shirts then some place like walmart.

It doesn't take very long to make them. I design them and print them and then my husband irons them. And then he repeats over and over "I am Iron Man".
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears Monorail Thanks for being so helpful to others Fran! I link to MouseScrappers! I got Maleficent as a dragon for referring people to MouseScrappers! Cheshire Cat 1 Star Tours Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Teacups Carousel horse Pirate Ears Mickey\'s glove It\'s a Small World Rocket Jets Magical Express I love DCL! United States of America Minnie\'s Bow Contemporary Resort 1 Earful Tower Pirate Dog Fantasmic

Fran98765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #6
meejay
Stopping for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern

Software: PSCS 5.5
Camera: iPhone 4s, Canon Powershot SX230, Nikon D5000
Iron Man - that made me giggle out loud!

I'm not too creative, I buy clothes from Etsy for my son that are the applique kind and the I try to match him either in a primary color or another Disney shirt. DH is a lost cause. At the MNSSHP Connor had on a Mickey ghost shirt, I had a Halloween shirt and DH had on Perry the Platypus. At least it was Disney though!

Now Planning for Fall 2015 - back to Caribbean Beach!
Minnie\'s Bow Mouse Ears I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar United States of America Earful Tower 2011 Special Edition pin #7 2011 Special Edition pin #1 Teacups 2011 Special Edition pin #6 2011 Special Edition pin #5 I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Carousel horse

meejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #7
FlutterBy429
Just parked the car

Software: PSE 8
Camera: Canon Rebel
had a great time!

Hi!
we had a GREAT time on our trip! we did wear coordinating colors...
We had solid colored shirts with no iron ons or appliques.
Ans i was really surprised that my DH went along with it (he dresses/matches EVERYTHING like a woman! lol)
we wore:
red MK
primary blue HS
grey Epcot
hunter green and brown with khaki at AK.

my husband did go along with it except at epcot; he insisted on wearing a black mickey shirt that he bought at downtown disney, but it was black and still looked nice in the pictures.

When i told him that we were going to "match" all week he told me i was crazy and rolled his eyes at me. When we were at disney and he saw the number of families/groups with matching shirts (especially ones much more ellaborate than ours) he was ok with "what i had done to him"!

if i had a daughter/s instead of sons i probably would have gone a little more crazy with iron on designs on our shirts.

FlutterBy429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #8
WDW Scrap Princess
E Ticket Holder

Software: CS6~PSE10~SBC
Camera: Nikon D3300
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlutterBy429 View Post
Hi!
we had a GREAT time on our trip! we did wear coordinating colors...
We had solid colored shirts with no iron ons or appliques.
Ans i was really surprised that my DH went along with it (he dresses/matches EVERYTHING like a woman! lol)
we wore:
red MK
primary blue HS
grey Epcot
hunter green and brown with khaki at AK.

my husband did go along with it except at epcot; he insisted on wearing a black mickey shirt that he bought at downtown disney, but it was black and still looked nice in the pictures.

When i told him that we were going to "match" all week he told me i was crazy and rolled his eyes at me. When we were at disney and he saw the number of families/groups with matching shirts (especially ones much more ellaborate than ours) he was ok with "what i had done to him"!

if i had a daughter/s instead of sons i probably would have gone a little more crazy with iron on designs on our shirts.

I do it like you, plain no design clothing.
To me it looks nicer when the pics are scraped, not competing with papers & elements. Plus the characters.
Cannot wait to see pics
Disney Vacation Club Member Minnie\'s Bow Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts It\'s a Small World Carousel horse Magical Express Sorcerer\'s Hat Boardwalk 1 Contemporary Resort 1 Rocket Jets Monorail Eiffel Tower Earful Tower Minnie\'s Shoe Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag I love DCL! Cheshire Cat 1 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Teresa! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I got the Tree of Life for referring people to MouseScrappers! Cutester Minnie Dale Bambi

WDW Scrap Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #9
agravette
Walking right down the middle of Main Street USA

i had never thought about coordinating our clothes or even making sure we wore solid colors so that our pictures would match my scrapbooking supplies...awesome ideas! thanks so much!

agravette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #10
bpowersj
I'm on the tram

Software: PSE8
Camera: Cannon 40D
Thanks for the ideas!!!

bpowersj is offline   Reply With Quote