MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Template Challenges
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2017, 03:55 PM   #1
janette
Taking a Journey Into Imagination

Template Challenge 266 (Mar 14 to 28) - Part1

Please upload your layout to the Gallery in the "Template Challenge" category & the relevant forum. I've added mine here http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...851#post168851

This is my first attempt at creating templates so let me know if you have questions or see something I need to change. Using this format I created Passports for World Showcase; they are great to get stamped and all the kids & adults I've given them to have enjoyed the experience. Due to the number of pages involved I've split this into 3 parts; this part will have the cover and the photos of the completed project.

The template is available here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o382yksuwh...sport.zip?dl=0

Png files are in this download https://www.dropbox.com/s/f1hgbxo3yc...t_Png.zip?dl=0

Passport Template

This was a hybrid project so some of the example wasn't created digitally. I have included those portions in the template so they can be done either way.

Maps and other clipart included in the Template are available online at different locations. The maps do have a watermark but I found that it isn't obvious when printing due to the size of the map included on the passport.

If using the template as a sketch it might be easier to cut the pages first and than decorate.

I included photos on my pages from each of the countries; these could also be cards or other elements. I'm looking forward to everyone's ideas.

I used a laser printer to print the pages; if using a ink jet printer you may want to apply some water proofing or have a way to keep it away from moisture in the parks.

Cover
Directions on how to make a text circle - this works to create a flag circle from the Around the World flag strip. Use a 12x12 transparent background layer.

http://simplykierste.com/2015/06/an-...-elements.html

Cover was printed on dark blue cardstock and then a thermal foil was applied to lettering and Mickey Silhouette. The flag circle was printed as a sticker using a Xyron & Cutter. The inside was printed and adhered to the cardstock.

Pages
Print the front then reverse the paper so that the reverse will be on the other side of the page. After printing trim and separate cut at the horizontal center. Stack the papers with the cover at the bottom in the following order:

Front - Reverse
1) Inside Cover - Canada Left / Mexico Right
2) Canada Right / Mexico Left - UK Left / Norway Right
3) UK Right / Norway Left - France Left / China Right
4) France Right / China Left - Morocco Left / Germany Right
5) Morocco Right / Germany Left - Japan Left / Italy Right
6) Japan Right / Italy Left - American Left / American Right

Staple or otherwise fasten pages together at the center.
Use a corner rounder or trim edges to complete the passport.

All images are linked for credits.

Part 1 - Cover Page

Last edited by janette; 03-17-2017 at 02:33 PM.

janette is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links