MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Scrapbooking > Tutorials
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 05-02-2011, 06:14 PM   #1
ILuvCrush
Having dinner at Ohana

Software: SBC+3.0
Camera: Sony Alpha-550 DSLR
SBC- Making Circle (shaped) drop boxes

This came up in another thread.... and I thought I'd post it here too, since it took so long to write up lol!!

Ok... to make a circle drop box (or any shape thats in your shape library!):

1. Add an empty photo frame
2. Go to the 'Format Photos' ribbon
3. While your box that you want to make a circle is selected, click on the
'Select' button
4. You are going to use one of the 1st 3 frames... double, triple or quad

5. You need to pick a mat with at least 1 more layer than you want. If you just want the photo, use the double. if you want the photo plus 2 mats (3 layers total) use the quad.

6. for this sample I'm using the double frame. Now select the 'Format' button...then the edit frame effects tab. We are going to chose each layer of the frame starting with the one closet to the photo.

7. For each layer... first choose "cutout" and pick your circle (or other) shape.
Then use the 'change mat fill' option to change to the color or paper fills of your choice. you can also adjust the mat width/shadow to your liking... EXCEPT the very last layer!

8. On the last layer....after using cutout to make the inside shape, choose COLOR FILL under the 'change mat fill' option... the color itself doesn't matter. Before clicking OK, move the opacity slider all the way to the left.... By doing so, you will hide the outside square, leaving only the shapes that you made

If you do not want any mats... but the circle drop box.... decrease the opacity to zero for all the layers, not just the outermost one.

Give it a try..... I used the screen shots to hopefully help this tool make sense, because it is a bit tricky. But even with the shots, I'm not sure if it all makes sense!!
Disney Vacation Club Member United States of America Mouse Ears Monorail Eiffel Tower Mickeys shoe I link to MouseScrappers! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Contemporary Resort 2 Magical Express Star Tours Expedition Everest Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Ears Minnie\'s Bow D23 Member Captain EO Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Pirate Flag Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Turkey Christmas Tree Cheshire Cat 1 Thanks for all your help with MouseScrappers Paula! France Italy United Kingdom Morocco Canada Germany

ILuvCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2011, 09:40 PM   #2
ljritchie
Stopping to get photos of Spaceship Earth

Software: Artisan 5.0. Photoshop CC
Camera: IPhone 7
Oh my gosh!! I have wanted to do this forever and didn't think it was possible!! Thank you so much!!!!
Sorcerer\'s Hat I love DCL! Mickey Pumpkin Christmas Tree Magical Express Minnie\'s Bow Expedition Everest Monorail Minnie\'s Shoe Pirate Flag Contemporary Resort 1 Mickey\'s shorts Maracas 2011 Special Edition pin #7 Earful Tower United States of America Cheshire Cat 1 Mouse Ears Carousel horse Teacups Rocket Jets Eiffel Tower Contemporary Resort 2 Fantasmic

ljritchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:34 PM   #3
Marie
Having dinner at Rainforest Café

Software: SBC Plus 3.0
Paula,

I finally had time to sit down and look at this. I had a little trouble with the last 2 steps and really appreciated the screen shots. Thanks for taking the time to write this up!

Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #4
kelseyll
Sliding back and forth on Mickey's Fun Wheel

Just a helpful tip on the curved shapes...

If you use any of the other shapes that come with SBC the curved edges will appear jagged. Once you create your shape, fill it with your pic (or whatever) and get it centered the way you want....then FLATTEN it! It helps to clean up those rough curves. =)

kelseyll is offline   Reply With Quote