MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Weekly Challenges
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Virtual Pin Shop
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 09:14 PM   #1
Kat
Stopping to get photos of floral Mickey

Software: PSCC
Camera: Canon 60D
Weekly Challenge #20 (2/3 to 2/9)

Shout out to Carol for reminding me about my week or we might otherwise not be here. LOL!

Hi all, I am Kat. This is my first Mousescrappers challenge so I really hope you like it! I wanted to do something a bit unique.

My challenge is Today in Disney History. I found this webpage
http://thisdayindisneyhistory.homestead.com/ with Disney history on it. Who knows how accurate it actually is but it was so much fun to look through.

So here's what you do... pick a day between 2/3 and 2/9 and scroll through the history. Find something that you like and scrap it using a photo that links to your choice.

For example, I chose February 3, 1945, a blurb about the Three Caballeros. I remembered going on a ride at Epcot's Mexico that was a lot of fun. So as you can see, I used the blurb on my layout, with my pictures from that ride.

Easy? And guess what? Britt of Britt-ish Designs has offered TWO $5.00 off coupons to TWO LUCKY participants in this challenge!

Here's my layout!

I used all Britt-ish Designs work and had SO much fun scrapping this out of the box layout.

Cannot wait to see what you've got!!

Last edited by Kat; 02-07-2010 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Added some goodies!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2010, 03:30 AM   #2
gillscott
Taking a Journey Into Imagination

great idea for a challenge, i think i have an idea.
Minnie\'s Shoe United Kingdom Teacups Monorail Minnie\'s Bow Sorcerer\'s Hat Earful Tower Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Magical Express Star Tours Carousel horse Pop Century Pirate Flag Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Eiffel Tower Cutester Bee Kermit 1 Cheshire Cat 1 Big Eyes Goofy Canada Cutester Minnie Herbie

Old 02-03-2010, 04:14 AM   #3
twhitesell
Buying my Disneyland park tickets

Going to check out the site and get to thinking.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:04 AM   #4
Pooh46
Watching the kids play in a bug's land

Software: Adobe CC
Camera: Nikon D5300
Great challenge! I'll have to start thinking! Fantastic LO, Kat!
Mouse Ears Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s shorts I link to MouseScrappers! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Disney Vacation Club Member Boardwalk 1 Magical Express I love DCL! United States of America Sorcerer\'s Hat Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Teacups Minnie\'s Bow Earful Tower Ive met another MouseScrapper

Old 02-03-2010, 08:36 AM   #5
Aussiegirl
E Ticket Holder

Sounds like a fun (and thought provoking) challenge! I'll have to hunt around the site and see what I can come up with (that fits the photos I have left!) thanks for hosting!
Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar It\'s a Small World Minnie\'s Bow United States of America Carousel horse Monorail Mickey\'s glove Star Tours Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Teacups Minnie\'s Shoe Pirate Dog Christmas Tree Eiffel Tower Thanks for helping with the product forum Dawn! Ive met another MouseScrapper Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s shorts Expedition Everest Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Italy I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Jungle Cruise New Zealand United Kingdom Earful Tower Pirate Flag

Old 02-03-2010, 09:38 AM   #6
Chef Minnie Mouse
E Ticket Holder

Software: CS6
Camera: Nikon D7000
Thanks for hosting Kat!

Feb 4 1999:
Pixar Animation Studios announces that it has developed a proprietary laser recording system called PIXARVISION for converting digital computer data into images on motion picture film stock with unprecedented quality. The new system was successfully tested on the 1998 animated hit, A Bug's Life.
Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Lisa! Mexico Norway China Germany Italy United States of America Japan Morocco France United Kingdom Canada Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Dog Pirate Flag Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Earful Tower Captain EO Mickeys shoe Minnie\'s Shoe Minnie\'s Bow Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I love DCL! D23 Member

Old 02-03-2010, 10:19 AM   #7
tukogirl

Fun challenge! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
Thanks for being so nice to others Andrea! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) It\'s a Small World Teacups Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Skyway I link to MouseScrappers! Speed Scrapper! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Carol helped me book my vacation! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Magical Express Expedition Everest 2011 Special Edition pin #1 2011 Special Edition pin #4 2011 Special Edition pin #2 D23 Member Norway Sulley Big Eyes Minnie I love DCL! Pop Century Big Thunder Cozy Cone Motel Kilimanjaro Safaris Ive met another MouseScrapper Dale Perry

Old 02-03-2010, 02:41 PM   #8
Leonor
Just parked the car

So I have my Lo ready but I can't seem to get how I upload it. I keep getting this message "Your graphic is too wide! Please upload a smaller one.". So I figured I had to reduce the quality of the image and so I did...It's not working yet...HEEEEELP!!!!

Old 02-03-2010, 05:48 PM   #9
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Hi Leonor,

The max dimension size is 600 x 600. I noticed that your last layout was 512 x 512, so if you upload the same size you should be okay.

There is also a limit to the size of the file. It needs to be less than 180kb. Your princess layout was only 65kb, so that would be fine, too. Whatever you did with your princess layout, do to this new layout, too.

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Old 02-03-2010, 10:59 PM   #10
britt
E Ticket Holder

Thanks for this fun & unique challenge Kat! Good thinkin'. I had some time tonight so I decided to scrap your challenge!

My moment in Disney History was a big one! On Feb. 8, 2001: Disney's second Anaheim park (and 8th theme park in the world), California Adventure, officially opens!

So, I scrapped pics from Sunshine Plaza (decorated as Candy Corn Acres for Halloween) when we first entered California Adventure.

"A Candy Corn California Adventure" (say that 5 times fast!)

credits and comments here

my blog my gallery
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Thanks for bringing in so many new members Britt! I link to MouseScrappers! Speed Scrapper! Mouse Ears Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Magical Express Cheshire Cat 1 Big Eyes Minnie Stormtrooper Boo USA Ive met another MouseScrapper

Closed Thread