MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Scrapbooking > Tutorials > Tutorial requests
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 04-14-2011, 11:09 AM   #1
iheartdisneypins
On Casey Jr, going 'round the track

Software: Photoshop
Camera: iPhone 6
What tutorials would you watch as videos?

Teaching has been really slow the past couple of months. I love to make video tutorials and I want to niche myself on youtube. Maybe, someday, I'll have enough followers I will be able to make a little money off ad revenue.

So, I'm coming to you guys. What do you want to learn? Many of you have expressed the desire to make your own digital scrapbooking supplies - I can teach you that. What supplies do you want to make?

What else do you want to know - anything goes. I will be focused on Photoshop, but do own Elements, and I want to get to know it, so if you really want Elements, let me know and I'll see if I can do it in there.

I have a few tuts posted on youtube already:
http://www.youtube.com/user/melissapiccone

I'm currently uploading a new movie - how to back up your photos to Picasa from iPhoto, but it's taking forever to upload - 270 minutes to go!

Melissa
Adobe Certified Instructor
inspire-me.com
cyberelement.com
I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Flag Disney Vacation Club Member Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Expedition Everest Contemporary Resort 1 Boardwalk 1 Star Tours Cheshire Cat 1 Mouse Ears Big Eyes Grumpy Captain EO Magical Express Contemporary Resort 2 Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland)

iheartdisneypins is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2011, 12:13 PM   #2
wlovesthemouse
Looking for pirates and ghosts in New Orleans Square

Software: Memory Mixer & photoshop
Camera: Nikon D90 and Nikon D7000
Hi Melissa,

What a great idea. I learn from watching (more so than reading), so this will be FANTASIC for a visual learner like me.

I would love to learn...

a) how to use photoshop... ie, how to use the basics (lasso, magic wand, etc)

b) how to make elements

c) how to make the "globe" with reflection (as much as I made my first globe yesterday, it took me ALL day cos I had to use photoshop and didn't know how to do it.)

d) here's a tough one... how to come out of your comfort zone and be really creative. (by that I mean that, because I'm a very conservative digi scrapper, I see beautiful layouts from everyone here, but when it comes time for me to do it, I get "scared" because I don't feel confident using "lots of embellies" etc. ) Learning how to "let go" and being creative would be a HUGE challenge for me, but I would love to learn how to.

e) how to give layouts the "WOW" factor - ones that people really comment on as being exceptional.

I hope that helps... it would really help me.

Thanks for doing this !

Wendy

wlovesthemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:25 PM   #3
iheartdisneypins

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlovesthemouse View Post

a) how to use photoshop... ie, how to use the basics (lasso, magic wand, etc)

b) how to make elements

c) how to make the "globe" with reflection (as much as I made my first globe yesterday, it took me ALL day cos I had to use photoshop and didn't know how to do it.)

d) here's a tough one... how to come out of your comfort zone and be really creative. (by that I mean that, because I'm a very conservative digi scrapper, I see beautiful layouts from everyone here, but when it comes time for me to do it, I get "scared" because I don't feel confident using "lots of embellies" etc. ) Learning how to "let go" and being creative would be a HUGE challenge for me, but I would love to learn how to.

e) how to give layouts the "WOW" factor - ones that people really comment on as being exceptional.
Basics of photoshop - you have specifically listed 2 selection tools - how about a tutorial on how to make selections? What do you want to select?

Do you have some specific elements you want to make? I have tuts for gems, pearls and ribbon.

A globe - Ok, that's an interesting one. I'll have to play with that.

As for the last 2, you just have to play. It's all digital, you can undo, toss it, whatever. Throw all of your elements on a page and move them around, resized them, see what happens!

Melissa
inspire-me.com
cyberelement.com
I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Flag Disney Vacation Club Member Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Expedition Everest Contemporary Resort 1 Boardwalk 1 Star Tours Cheshire Cat 1 Mouse Ears Big Eyes Grumpy Captain EO Magical Express Contemporary Resort 2 Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland)

Old 05-17-2011, 08:46 PM   #4
iheartdisneypins

I'm going to do some live training for digital scrapbooking, so if you are interested, here is a link to register:
https://student.gototraining.com/5mz...20027727089152

I'm looking for feedback - are you interested in participating in something like this?

Melissa
inspire-me.com
cyberelement.com

Old 05-17-2011, 09:25 PM   #5
wlovesthemouse
Looking for pirates and ghosts in New Orleans Square

Software: Memory Mixer & photoshop
Camera: Nikon D90 and Nikon D7000
I am REALLY interested in this... BUT...

(a) with the time difference between America & Australia, it might be a little difficult to co-ordinate, (difficult, but it CAN be done - I think your mid morning / early afternoon is our 5am !!!!) I would gladly be up by then, but I don't know how much I'd comprehend, and

(b) I am actually heading to USA late next week (for 2 weeks), so anytime AFTER mid June would be fine.

I want to learn & am desperate to learn, so I'm willing to wake up really early !

Thank you SOOOO very much.
Wendy

wlovesthemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:00 PM   #6
liriel
E Ticket Holder

Software: PSE 12
Camera: Pentax k-x
Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartdisneypins View Post
I'm going to do some live training for digital scrapbooking, so if you are interested, here is a link to register:
https://student.gototraining.com/5mz...20027727089152

I'm looking for feedback - are you interested in participating in something like this?
This would be very interesting to learn one on one real time. I keep telling my husband what I need is someone to come to my house and teach me things.

My other interest would be a switching from scrapping in elements to scrapping in full photoshop tutorial. What are the differences? I have both but only use elements for scrapbooking and PS for running photo actions. I have tried to do a page in PS but I got lost real fast. I like having my bin to put files in to work from, and only just recently figured out how to have the PSE type of background in PS instead of the floating windows. Is there a way to have the bin? I don't know how I can minimize items and get them to come back w/o having the bin. I am on a Mac if that makes any difference.

I also want to know how to load styles in both programs. For example, shadow styles and glitter styles. Oh and one last thing is if there is a way to make items have an inked edge look. Like in regular scrapbooking you can take a stamp pad to the edge of a piece of paper and ink it to make it look weathered.

Thanks for your willingness to help!
Mouse Ears Jungle Cruise Sorcerer\'s Hat Star Tours Captain EO Magical Express Mickey\'s glove Minnie\'s Bow Mickey Pumpkin Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Monorail United States of America Mickeys shoe It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Skyway I link to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Cheshire Cat 1 Minnie\'s Shoe Thanks for all your help with MouseScrappers Julie! Mickey\'s shorts Contemporary Resort 1 Carousel horse Earful Tower Carol helped me book my vacation! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Stormtrooper Ive met another MouseScrapper

liriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:06 AM   #7
Jojo
E Ticket Holder

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Canon EOS 550D
OMG, I just watched you're glitter tutorial on youtube. It's so clear!! I use photoshop for 6 years now, but never get the hang of layer styles appropriately. Thank you for that one!

I love to see you make a couple of other video tutorials. Live training is a great idea, but due to the time difference, I guess that it wouldn't work for me.

Disneyland Paris Dream Annual Passholder
First DLR Anaheim visit: 13 - 20 August 2015!
First cruise: 7 nights - Magic (Mediteranian Europe) Departure 10 september!
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar

Jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:52 AM   #8
CoralTurtle
Feeling like a kid again on Tom Sawyer Island

Software: CS5 & Lightroom
Camera: Canon Rebel T3i, Canon SX40
I'd be interested too, but I use PSE 9. There are still some tools on there that I have no idea how to use.
Mouse Ears United States of America Monorail Star Tours Earful Tower Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Ears Expedition Everest Sorcerer\'s Hat Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Teacups Japan Cheshire Cat 1 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Pooh Big Eyes Pluto Big Eyes Mike Wazowski Pete Yin Yang Carousel horse Pirates of the Caribbean Ive met another MouseScrapper

CoralTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote