MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Challenges (gen'l info/notes)
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 01-06-2016, 03:59 PM   #1
3BluEyedBabies
Watching Finding Nemo the Musical

Software: GIMP
Camera: Canon Power Shot SX260
2016 Challenges??

Happy New Year, Mousescrappers!!

I've been stalking the forums looking for some new challenges. Are there any in the works??

3BluEyedBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2016, 05:08 PM   #2
pixleyyy
Staying the night in the Contemporary Resort

Software: PS CC
Camera: Nikon d7000
It's been pretty slow on the challenge forums lately. I'd certainly love to see us gain momentum again.
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Sorcerer\'s Hat Expedition Everest Carousel horse Cheshire Cat 1 It\'s a Small World Mouse Ears Teacups Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Flag United States of America Minnie\'s Shoe Minnie\'s Bow Star Tours Earful Tower Captain EO

pixleyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 08:56 AM   #3
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Some people are starting to create new goals for 2016 (or continue their 2015 goals if they didn't finish), and they do look to the challenges for motivation to get things done. So, hopefully we'll see a little pickup in activity soon. But yeah, things are very quiet (though I think it is easier for some people to respond over FB, so there are little spurts of dialog in our 'Project 2015' group as well - if anyone wants to join that isn't already in it).

Melinda and I are also talking (at a high level) about the marathon. Not yet sure when it will be but we do want to have one again

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 11:06 AM   #4
sthompsonfoto
Going thru the EPCOT turnstiles

Yeah for marathon planning!!!!! Lets shoot for NOT the weekend of March 19-20!! LOL!! Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you out in your planning. I LOVE marathon weekend!!!

As for challenges, I don't mind hosting them but I hate asking for PPs from people, I feel pushy! So if people want to contribute them I am happy to host!

sthompsonfoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:02 AM   #5
tinkerbell1112
E Ticket Holder

Software: Artisan 5
Camera: Nikon D3300, Olympus TG-3, Sony, and my phone - Samsung S10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sthompsonfoto View Post
Yeah for marathon planning!!!!! Lets shoot for NOT the weekend of March 19-20!! LOL!! Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you out in your planning. I LOVE marathon weekend!!!

As for challenges, I don't mind hosting them but I hate asking for PPs from people, I feel pushy! So if people want to contribute them I am happy to host!
I'm in the same boat about pp - I love to host the challenges, but struggle finding pps. Do we have a list of designers that hosts could contact? I always end up asking the same 2 or 3 people.
Contemporary Resort 1 Pirate Ears Star Tours D23 Member Monorail Mouse Ears It\'s a Small World Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Jungle Cruise Contemporary Resort 2 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Flag United States of America Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! Expedition Everest I love DCL! I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Christmas Tree Turkey Anna Carol helped me book my vacation! Elsa Olaf Sven Ive met another MouseScrapper Teacups Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s glove

tinkerbell1112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 04:56 PM   #6
snowdrop

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Canon & Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolc View Post
Melinda and I are also talking (at a high level) about the marathon. Not yet sure when it will be but we do want to have one again
Yay! Can't wait!

See the over 300 characters I've met at WDW, DL, & DLP: I Love Characters

Disney digital scrapbook LOs: (40+ trips, 2007-2019)
Disney paper albums: 2007 (a work in progress!) / 2003-2007 day trips
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Heather! I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Captain EO Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pooh Marie Cupcake Ive met another MouseScrapper I love DCL! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Eiffel Tower

snowdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:46 PM   #7
DianeInOz
Taking the Studio Backlot Tour

Software: adobe elements 13
Camera: Canon Digital Rebel XSi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolc View Post
Some people are starting to create new goals for 2016 (or continue their 2015 goals if they didn't finish), and they do look to the challenges for motivation to get things done. So, hopefully we'll see a little pickup in activity soon. But yeah, things are very quiet (though I think it is easier for some people to respond over FB, so there are little spurts of dialog in our 'Project 2015' group as well - if anyone wants to join that isn't already in it).

What is the marathon?

DianeInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:28 AM   #8
snowdrop

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Canon & Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeInOz View Post
What is the marathon?
It's a weekend of speed scraps! Last year there were 15, and along with the usual participation prize if you finished the SS in time, you also could get different grab bags of prizes depending on how many you finished during the weekend. It's LOTS of fun, I scrapped more that weekend than I had the last 2 years combined, and I think it's what kicked off me scrapping more last year.

Here's last year's speed scrap marathon section if you want to see how it worked
http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...lay.php?f=9747

See the over 300 characters I've met at WDW, DL, & DLP: I Love Characters

Disney digital scrapbook LOs: (40+ trips, 2007-2019)
Disney paper albums: 2007 (a work in progress!) / 2003-2007 day trips
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Heather! I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Captain EO Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pooh Marie Cupcake Ive met another MouseScrapper I love DCL! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Eiffel Tower

snowdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 08:37 AM   #9
DianeInOz
Taking the Studio Backlot Tour

Software: adobe elements 13
Camera: Canon Digital Rebel XSi
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdrop View Post
It's a weekend of speed scraps! Last year there were 15, and along with the usual participation prize if you finished the SS in time, you also could get different grab bags of prizes depending on how many you finished during the weekend. It's LOTS of fun, I scrapped more that weekend than I had the last 2 years combined, and I think it's what kicked off me scrapping more last year.

Here's last year's speed scrap marathon section if you want to see how it worked
http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...lay.php?f=9747
Looks fun! I will be looking for more news!!

DianeInOz is offline   Reply With Quote