MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Scrapbooking > Tutorials > Tutorial requests
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 04-04-2012, 03:15 AM   #1
calamitypark
Having breakfast in Goofy's Kitchen

Software: Photoshop Elements
Camera: Sony A550
How to use a template in Storybook Creator 3

Help please, I really want to do these template challenges, but can't work out how to use the templates.

Can someone please explain what I need to do.

I have downloaded and imported template challenge #110. I just can't work out how I am suppose to cut the paper to the shapes or how to get the pic's in the right spots.

Thank you.

calamitypark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #2
QuiltyMom
E Ticket Holder

Software: Creative Memories SBC+ 4.0
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ150
Charyn,
There is a tutorial buried somewhere in the SBC+ thread.

You cannot use pds files with SBC+.
You CAN use .page files, but not .sbpage.
You can use .png files, but you will need to convert them.

I gotta go get lunch on the table for the kids right now, but basically you'll need to import the .pngs as elements into a kit (I have created a special "kit" just for converting templates). Then you will need to add the .png files in order from back to front, flattening them individually OR putting down a few, selecting them and cutting around the entire bunch with the custom cutter. If you're not familiar with doing this, then stick to flattening out each .png until you're more comfortable with the process.

Make sure you save the page as you go, because the .png files are large and will use up a lot of the working memory; saving the project will help with this.

Once it is completed I always save the page in a project just for templates and import it into the project I"m working on.

Sorry that I gotta run, but lunch is in the ove and I gotta get it out!

I'll stop back later on.

Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Jan! Mouse Ears Earful Tower Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s shorts Mickey\'s glove It\'s a Small World Eiffel Tower Monorail Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups Viking Ship I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Skyway Carousel horse Pop Century Magical Express Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I love DCL! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Jungle Cruise Rocket Jets Ive met another MouseScrapper

QuiltyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
calamitypark

I hope you got your lunch on the table.

Wow, this has blown my mind.

Will have to disect this very slowly.

For template #110, this had already been converted for SBC3 and I download this and imported it into SBC3. I thought because it had been converted to SBC3 page, that everything would slip into place, but it doesn't.

I would really love to work out how to do it correctly, as I love doing template challenges, and because I can't get mine to work have been going back and doing paper ones. Which I love doing but when pushed for time digital would be great.

Hope to talk with you soon.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #4
QuiltyMom
E Ticket Holder

Software: Creative Memories SBC+ 4.0
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ150
I just uploaded the template so I know better what you're asking.

In this template there are places where you can drag/drop your photos. They say "drop image here". They are the only places where you can drag and drop to fill the selected element.

All the other elements can be filled with papers: highlight the element, choose your paper, right-click on the paper and select "fill selected element" from the menu. With 3.0 all papers are filled into shapes starting with the upper left hand corner at 100% size.

Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Jan! Mouse Ears Earful Tower Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s shorts Mickey\'s glove It\'s a Small World Eiffel Tower Monorail Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups Viking Ship I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Skyway Carousel horse Pop Century Magical Express Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I love DCL! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Jungle Cruise Rocket Jets Ive met another MouseScrapper

QuiltyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:48 AM   #5
calamitypark

QuiltyMom you are wonderful.

I have managed to add my pic's into the correct place and direction. I have downloaded all the paper elements in their correct shapes. YYYYYAAAAYYY.

Thank you you are so wonderful.

Last edited by calamitypark; 04-06-2012 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Found the answer