MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Welcome > Help and Support
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 05-04-2010, 04:46 AM   #1
winipeg1
I'm Soarin' over California

Software: Craft artist
Camera: sony alpha 33
Im really struggling to upload photos

Hi

iv never uploaded on here before but im really struggling.
iv tried doing it through browsing my computer and its saying the file is to large but i dont know how the make the photo any smaller

iv also tried uploading through photobucket and doing this its says it uploaded but when i look it hasnt!

could anyone please help on uploading in to the gallery?

thanks in avance
United Kingdom Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Mickey\'s shorts Magical Express Boardwalk 1 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar

winipeg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2010, 08:56 AM   #2
andrea4376
Blasting through Space Mountain

Software: PSE 8
What program are you using to create your layouts as I am guessing there are different ways of resizing etc.

I use PSE 8 at the moment and there is an option to save for web where I can reduce the layout to 600x600 and also reduce the file size.
United Kingdom Mouse Ears Monorail Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Andrea! Earful Tower Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Magical Express Star Tours Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition

andrea4376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:59 AM   #3
PrincessTiff
Having breakfast at Chef Mickey's

I had problems with mine being too large at first as well. I'm not sure what program you use, but for mine I right-click in my scrapbooking program to edit the dimensions to get it down to 600x600.
Pirate Ears Monorail United States of America Sorcerer\'s Hat Earful Tower Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Magical Express Pirate Dog Cheshire Cat 1 Expedition Everest Pirate Flag Contemporary Resort 1 Heart

PrincessTiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:58 PM   #4
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Like the others said, it's best to save your image smaller than your original size (600x600 is ideal). The file size shouldn't be too big, either. 180k used to be the max, but you can go over a little bit (maybe up to around 300k). The system will try to reduce it automatically when it uploads - it just can't do it if it is too large.

Also, the file needs to be a .jpg format (not .png like you uploaded to photobucket).

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:46 AM   #5
winipeg1

Hi girls

thanks for replying.
Im using DSA2.
ok next time a make a page i will save it again smaller in a different folder and i will see if i can get it uploaded.
thanks again
United Kingdom Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Mickey\'s shorts Magical Express Boardwalk 1 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar

Old 05-05-2010, 10:57 AM   #6
winipeg1

managed to upload my page i had to save it at 400x400 to be 180k
thanks again for your help

Old 05-05-2010, 12:27 PM   #7
Carolc
Administrator

When you save it as 600x600, what is the size of the file (in kb)?

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Old 05-06-2010, 01:30 AM   #8
winipeg1

it is 350k.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:09 PM   #9
Carolc
Administrator

The system will 'try' to reduce your photo to 180k and 600x600, but if it's too large, it has trouble. So I'm guessing 350k is too large. Try to get it in the 200k range max. See if you have a 'quality' setting for jpgs. I think I usually do mine around 70%.

Studio1955

Old 05-11-2010, 08:28 PM   #10
MelissaD
Racing through the icy caverns of the Matterhorn

Software: Photoshop CS3
Camera: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28
Send a message via Yahoo to MelissaD
You can also try using the free program "PixResizer" to reduce the size. http://pixresizer.en.softonic.com/
Sometimes it helps with the file size, sometimes it still doesn't quite get it where you need it to be. Worth a shot though!
Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Rocket Jets Contemporary Resort 1

MelissaD is offline   Reply With Quote