MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Welcome > MouseScrappers - site news and thoughts
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

View Poll Results: What features would you like to see on MouseScrappers? (check all that apply)
Expanded store (with multiple designers) 45 61.64%
Annual membership/subscription (downloadable digiscrap items each month) 21 28.77%
Just add more collabs to store (not more designers) 15 20.55%
Blog/news 21 28.77%
Weekly email updates 14 19.18%
Podcast (Disney topics, tied back to scrapbooking) 15 20.55%
Non-Disney gallery (a 2nd gallery; not mixed with current gallery) 26 35.62%
Other (please mention below) 6 8.22%
Nothing - do not change a thing 4 5.48%
Definitely do NOT add < feature you definitely don't want > (please mention below) 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-2012, 04:23 AM   #31
frogfish
Taking the Monorail to EPCOT

Software: Photoshop CS4
Camera: Lumix
Thanks for that clarification Carol. When you put it that way, adding a non-Disney gallery in that manner would be almost like starting a new stand alone site instead of changing the focus of MS (which is what we don't want). I think the point everyone is trying to make is that we don't want to introduce changes that would damage the qualities that make MS unique; that make it the site we all love. If the new gallery would be a stand alone feature/site that wouldn't change/affect the existing MS, I'm back on board, and I would never turn down another challenge opportunity!

frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2012, 05:07 AM   #32
WDW Scrap Princess
E Ticket Holder

Software: CS6~PSE10~SBC
Camera: Nikon D3300
I would love a every 2 months or 6 ...(or on whatever schedule)

Featured Designer

I think that it is interesting to get to know them better and their work.
We can Interview the Sponsors, maybe email them the questions. Maybe they can add a picture to the interview and then it can be filed under a separate forum.

I have read a few on other sites and they were really nice. I read Mye and Chelle's.

Here its one for an idea:

Here is the rest of Mye Interviews:http://www.5stardigitalscrapbooking.com/featured/?p=997

I just did a Layout of a supposed "interview" with a designer thus the inspiration

Here it is:

Journal Reads:
Designs by Sarah Releases "It's a date - Vol 1"!

Belgium 2012
story by: Teresa CTeam

Note under Main Photo:
Photos of Sarah's new element Kit; "It's a date-Vol 1
Read the special report from NYC correspondent Teresa CTeam

Scrap The News, received word that Designs by Sarah is releasing "It's a date - Vol 1"
a brand new Element kit featuring Metal tags, fasteners and including months in 6 languages.
(Dutch, English, French, German, Spanish & Portuguese)

Sarah is a talented Designer that in her short career has completed excellent Designs.
Her blog is followed not just by her friends and Creative Team members but by many others who admire her work.

When Scrap The News heard of the new release immediately requested an interview with the talented Designer;
however, Sarah has been so occupied Designing that the "request" was declined.

The kit will delight all the Scrapbookers that love to add dates to their layouts.

Reports are coming testifying to the fact that her Creative Team are very happy with her and her products.
Her team has members from: The Netherlands, Brazil, California, Kansas City, and NYC in United States of America; all this assuring the popularity of the Designer and her broad views of diversity.

When hearing about the release of It's a Date Vol 1, some Members of Sarah's Creative Team commented the following:

by JenEm
"It looks great Sarah"

by Romajo
"Well they are gorgeous and useful"

When asked about future kits releases, Sarah did not confirmed or denied, she just smiled and told us
"well, we just have to see what the future holds"

We rejoice with the new designer and wish her more great releases in the future.

To find out more about her work and designs please see her blog
at: http://saaronline.blogspot.com/p/my-shop.html
as well as the Biography section in this journal.
Disney Vacation Club Member Minnie\'s Bow Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts It\'s a Small World Carousel horse Magical Express Sorcerer\'s Hat Boardwalk 1 Contemporary Resort 1 Rocket Jets Monorail Eiffel Tower Earful Tower Minnie\'s Shoe Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag I love DCL! Cheshire Cat 1 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Teresa! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I got the Tree of Life for referring people to MouseScrappers! Cutester Minnie Dale Bambi

Last edited by WDW Scrap Princess; 02-12-2012 at 07:04 AM.

WDW Scrap Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:54 AM   #33
meejay
Stopping for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern

Software: PSCS 5.5
Camera: iPhone 4s, Canon Powershot SX230, Nikon D5000
What about instead of an open gallery a gallery for sponsors? If a designer is a sponsor of a site, they get their own gallery? Just a thought.

I originally voted for an open gallery but after hearing the comments I agree what makes Mousescrappers special is I can come here for Disney inspired kits and layouts and find layouts specific to photos I have to scrap. I rescind my open gallery vote.

Now Planning for Fall 2015 - back to Caribbean Beach!
Minnie\'s Bow Mouse Ears I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar United States of America Earful Tower 2011 Special Edition pin #7 2011 Special Edition pin #1 Teacups 2011 Special Edition pin #6 2011 Special Edition pin #5 I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Carousel horse

meejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:28 AM   #34
Fran98765
Stopping for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern

Software: PS CS6
Camera: Kodak P&S
instead of another gallery for non-Disney (which I do not think should be added), if people really want to display other pages, maybe create a weekly thread somewhere on the forum where people could post their pages from someplace like photobucket and a link to a gallery where others could leave loves. This would allow people to "show off" their other pages but not compromise the site's theming.

I would love a landing page instead of straight into the forums. A blog would fit that bill nicely. A blog with info and featured members and designers from anywhere would be great.
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears Monorail Thanks for being so helpful to others Fran! I link to MouseScrappers! I got Maleficent as a dragon for referring people to MouseScrappers! Cheshire Cat 1 Star Tours Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Teacups Carousel horse Pirate Ears Mickey\'s glove It\'s a Small World Rocket Jets Magical Express I love DCL! United States of America Minnie\'s Bow Contemporary Resort 1 Earful Tower Pirate Dog Fantasmic

Fran98765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #35
MJAJmom
E Ticket Holder

Software: PSE 7.0
I LOVE the fact that this is a Disney only site, so I'd vote to keep it Disney pure. I do like that there are other Orlando parks allowed (like SeaWorld and Universal).

I'd love to see a blog with interesting Disney info. More tutorials is also very helpful since there are lots of new digital scrappers joining in.

It would be nice to have a sticky listing all the Disney designers/sponsors and their blogs/stores. Could even have a listing of member blogs.

I appreciate all your hard work and dedication to this site Carol!!
Pirate Ears Minnie\'s Bow Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears Pirate Flag Teacups Monorail Carol helped me book my vacation! Magical Express Star Tours Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest Rocket Jets United States of America Mickey Pumpkin

MJAJmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:07 PM   #36
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJAJmom View Post
It would be nice to have a sticky listing all the Disney designers/sponsors and their blogs/stores. Could even have a listing of member blogs.
Have you seen the Sponsor page? There is a link at the top of the page (next to the chat room link). If you can think of anything else that can be added to it, let me know.

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:28 AM   #37
inkspots
Enjoying the whimsy of PhilharMagic

Software: PSCS5, PSE 5.0
Camera: Canon 40D
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoralTurtle View Post
Oh well, I guess I'm in the minority on this, but I worry having a non-Disney gallery might "dilute" the niche quality of this site--if that make sense. I like the focus that this site has, personally. There are SO many other sites that have non-specific galleries. Maybe I'm just over thinking it, but that was my initial reaction to that particular suggestion.

I agree that a blog hop would be fun!
I'll add my vote to this too. There are enough "non-Disney" galleries out there. I too would hate to see the uniqueness disappear.

LOVE the blog hop idea.

inkspots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:13 AM   #38
MJAJmom
E Ticket Holder

Software: PSE 7.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolc View Post
Have you seen the Sponsor page? There is a link at the top of the page (next to the chat room link). If you can think of anything else that can be added to it, let me know.
You know, I never looked at that sponsor page before. That's exactly what I was looking for!! Thanks Carol!!
Pirate Ears Minnie\'s Bow Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears Pirate Flag Teacups Monorail Carol helped me book my vacation! Magical Express Star Tours Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest Rocket Jets United States of America Mickey Pumpkin

MJAJmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #39
AnnAbbott
Having breakfast at Everything Pop

Software: PSE7
Camera: Canon Rebel xsi
Disney only!!

Please keep it Disney ONLY!! I love this place because it is only Disney!

Follow Me on Instagram at AnnAbbottPhotography1
Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups

AnnAbbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:08 PM   #40
tw1717 - EEYORE FAN
Riding Magical Express

Software: PSE6/MAC
Camera: Samsung/HZ15W
I love the idea of interviewing the sponsors and I am all about expanding the store with designers! I also agree to keep our gallery and stuff all about MS!

SHOP

BLOG

Carol helped me book my vacation! Magical Express I link to MouseScrappers! Mickey\'s glove Minnie\'s Bow Mickey\'s shorts I love DCL! Mickeys shoe Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Pirate Ears United States of America Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Shoe Earful Tower Carousel horse Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland)

tw1717 - EEYORE FAN is offline   Reply With Quote