MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Welcome > MouseScrappers - site news and thoughts > I have an Idea!
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 04-25-2010, 07:47 AM   #1
andrea4376
Blasting through Space Mountain

Software: PSE 8
Standouts / Loving

Hi All

I was wondering whether it would be an idea to have some sort of gallery standout thread like a few other scrap sites do.

I've noticed that the layouts created for the challenges get a lot of loving and viewing but the same isn't always true for those created outside of these. I think it would be nice if there was somewhere that people could post layouts that they have seen in the gallery or the subforums that they liked so the rest of us can see them and leave them some love.

I know I tend not to browse the forum categories too much unless looking for a specific theme and am probably missing out on a lot of wonderful layouts.

I guess another alternative is for a kind of "leave me loving" forum where people can post their layouts and those following leave them love.

Just throwing these out there to see what others think.

And thanks for the new suggestions thread Carol

Open to thoughts, comments etc

Andrea
United Kingdom Mouse Ears Monorail Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Andrea! Earful Tower Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Magical Express Star Tours Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition

andrea4376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2010, 10:23 AM   #2
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Thanks for suggesting this. I know you and I talked about it a little bit already, so I'm hoping some other MouseScrappers will chime in with their thoughts/ideas. So far, this is what came to my mind...

Have several people designated to select their favorite layout every week. They each would post a linked image to their favorite lo in a special forum (which I would create). Not sure how to decide WHO will pick favorite layouts. Get volunteers (sign up)? Open it to everyone every week (but would we get enough participation)? Would it be for layouts created during the previous week or a layout created at any time in the past?

I don't think I've seen as many scrap sites as other people, so I'd like to hear what you like/don't like about standouts/LOTW on other sites.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:12 PM   #3
tukogirl

I'm not sure if this would be one challenge too many, but we could do an "Inspired by" or "scraplift" challenge. People can do the challenge, which they seem to enjoy, and it highlights gallery posts people may not have seen.

It could run one of two ways - the challenge host could pick 5 layouts to post from the gallery and the participants can choose one of the 5 to scraplift or get inspiration from. Or it could be a little more open ended and everyone who participates can just choose a layout from the gallery to get inspired by.

Does everyone know we have a favorites feature in the gallery? I like the idea of having someone new each week post a "15 layouts from my favorites" type thread. I've never seen this type of thread on another forum, so I'm not sure how they work. If everyone can post whenever they want do more people post their favorites than view other's choices/leave love, thus the thread really isn't increasing other people's views of great layouts? (wow, that is clear as mud, right?!?)

Thanks for being so nice to others Andrea! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) It\'s a Small World Teacups Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Skyway I link to MouseScrappers! Speed Scrapper! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Carol helped me book my vacation! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Magical Express Expedition Everest 2011 Special Edition pin #1 2011 Special Edition pin #4 2011 Special Edition pin #2 D23 Member Norway Sulley Big Eyes Minnie I love DCL! Pop Century Big Thunder Cozy Cone Motel Kilimanjaro Safaris Ive met another MouseScrapper Dale Perry

tukogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:29 PM   #4
andrea4376

I never intended it to be a challenge of any sort (like you, I think we have enough to be going on with at the moment) - just a thread for people to post layouts they have seen either in the gallery or sub forums that they have liked. The other sites I have seen tend to run each thread in the forum on a weekly basis so it doesn't just become a never ending thread.

i.e standouts - 26th April -2nd May

I am not sure it should be limited to one or two people to post to as I believe everyone's idea of what is appealing is different and the more people who post - the more range we get. I just liked the idea of looking in the gallery, seeing an amazing layout someone posted to ..say the Animal Kingdom forum..and thinking "wow - other people need to see this layout".
United Kingdom Mouse Ears Monorail Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Andrea! Earful Tower Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Magical Express Star Tours Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition

Old 04-29-2010, 12:52 AM   #5
AmandaAnn
Trying to find Nemo in the Tomorrowland lagoon

Camera: Canon Rebel XS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolc View Post
Have several people designated to select their favorite layout every week. They each would post a linked image to their favorite lo in a special forum (which I would create). Not sure how to decide WHO will pick favorite layouts. Get volunteers (sign up)? Open it to everyone every week (but would we get enough participation)? Would it be for layouts created during the previous week or a layout created at any time in the past?
I like this idea. I think having people sign up to post in the thread is a good idea.
Maybe have people sign up every month, so everyone can have a chance to share some of their favorites?
I think any layout should be allowed to be featured.

I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Ears United States of America Japan Pirate Flag Disney Vacation Club Member Monorail Captain EO Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Magical Express Expedition Everest D23 Member I love DCL! Star Tours Rocket Jets

AmandaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:39 PM   #6
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
I do like the idea of having a place for some stand outs. I created a new forum for layouts of the week. Can I have one or two people volunteer to help run it?

I'd like to see a guideline/instructions thread that explains to everyone how the forum works. We can try letting anyone submit an entry, and if we don't get enough people participating, maybe try to get a sign up (have people sign up for a month at a time, maybe?). An option for promoting might be to post a few thumbnails on our Facebook page... something to think about.

I'd like the threads to have a similar naming convention (include the date(s) in it).

Any volunteers?

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 02:03 PM   #7
andrea4376

Well seeing as I mentioned it - I'll help run the thread Carol.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:49 PM   #8
kateolas
Staying the night at Animal Kingdom Lodge

Software: Photoshop CC 2017 and Photoshop CS2
Camera: GE X500, Sony CyberShot
If you need extra help ...... I'm on board as well.

Mouse Ears United States of America Mickey\'s glove Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s shorts I link to MouseScrappers! Minnie\'s Bow Minnie\'s Shoe Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Me!iss@! Teacups Pirate Flag Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Earful Tower Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Ears Monorail Speed Scrapper! Expedition Everest Captain EO Cheshire Cat 1 Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Ive met another MouseScrapper

kateolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:19 AM   #9
kateolas
Staying the night at Animal Kingdom Lodge

Software: Photoshop CC 2017 and Photoshop CS2
Camera: GE X500, Sony CyberShot
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea4376 View Post
Well seeing as I mentioned it - I'll help run the thread Carol.
This thread was a great idea Andrea !!! I got your back on this one .... there are so many outstanding layouts here ... can't wait to give members their props where props are due.

Mouse Ears United States of America Mickey\'s glove Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s shorts I link to MouseScrappers! Minnie\'s Bow Minnie\'s Shoe Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Me!iss@! Teacups Pirate Flag Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Earful Tower Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Ears Monorail Speed Scrapper! Expedition Everest Captain EO Cheshire Cat 1 Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Ive met another MouseScrapper

kateolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 05:47 PM   #10
Chef Minnie Mouse
E Ticket Holder

Software: CS6
Camera: Nikon D7000
I think a standout would be a great idea..maybe layout of the day. There could be a thumbnail of it on the home page with the ability to click on it to see a large view.
Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Lisa! Mexico Norway China Germany Italy United States of America Japan Morocco France United Kingdom Canada Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Dog Pirate Flag Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Earful Tower Captain EO Mickeys shoe Minnie\'s Shoe Minnie\'s Bow Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I love DCL! D23 Member

Chef Minnie Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote