MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Let's talk about DISNEY! > Disney News and information > Park changes/openings
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 06-01-2011, 04:57 PM   #41
MJAJmom
E Ticket Holder

Software: PSE 7.0
Here is the schedule for Weekend #3: http://sww.studioscentral.com/main/files/sww-060311.pdf

I'm leaving tomorrow morning so this is my last update. So excited to be there for weekends #3 and #4. If you need more info about SWW and read some trip reports, check out Studios Central: http://sww.studioscentral.com/main/
Pirate Ears Minnie\'s Bow Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears Pirate Flag Teacups Monorail Carol helped me book my vacation! Magical Express Star Tours Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest Rocket Jets United States of America Mickey Pumpkin

MJAJmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2011, 05:03 PM   #42
tinkerbell7678
Riding Magical Express

Software: SBC+ 3.0
Camera: Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJAJmom View Post
Here is the schedule for Weekend #3: http://sww.studioscentral.com/main/files/sww-060311.pdf

I'm leaving tomorrow morning so this is my last update. So excited to be there for weekends #3 and #4. If you need more info about SWW and read some trip reports, check out Studios Central: http://sww.studioscentral.com/main/
Have a wonderful trip Linda!

Mouse Ears I link to MouseScrappers! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Carousel horse Cheshire Cat 1 Pirate Flag Sorcerer\'s Hat Teacups Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar

tinkerbell7678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:13 PM   #43
CarmenF
Fascinated by the World of Color

Software: GIMP
Camera: Nikon and a Sony
I'm leaving tomorrow also!!!! So excited!!! We will not get there until Saturday though. So excited about being there for a Star Wars Weekend.

Carmen
Mouse Ears I link to MouseScrappers! Earful Tower Mickey Pumpkin Minnie\'s Bow I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Sorcerer\'s Hat Speed Scrapper! Pirate Ears It\'s a Small World Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Star Tours Pop Century Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Jungle Cruise Monorail Pirate Flag Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Carmen! United States of America

CarmenF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:24 AM   #44
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Okay, I know this thread is three years old, but I'm finally going to my first Star Wars Weekend! Though the celebs and dates are in the past, I still find your info very useful I have a friend marching in the parade(s) with the 501st... It will be fun to watch. I am going the week Mark Hamil, Ray Park and Billy Dee are there. What kind of traffic should I anticipate driving in? I don't need to get there first thing (I don't want to wait for autographs). Anything new for 2014?

Now I saw the cutest Her Universe Ewok tunic online, if I see it for sale there is it eligible for an AP discount?

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:05 PM   #45
Hpgirl
E Ticket Holder

Software: Photoshop Elements 10
Camera: Canon Rebel T3i
Be there for rope drop if you can - traffic will likely be awful around 9:30, 10, especially the Mark Hamill weekend. If you don't get there super early, it may take an hour just to get in (at least using the satellite entrance on buena Vista - I don't know about traffic from the main auto plaza). Mark Hammill is not doing autographs, but they will be doing a live stream on the giant screen in front of the hat of his show in Premiere Theater. They've added some new sequences to the shows on the stage. There are two new face characters from the new Star Wars Rebels show (Ezra and Sabine, plus their droid), but they're only in the motorcade and the Behind the Force show (I think it's that one? Not 100% sure). Also new: Luke and Leia switched places with the Big Figs - now all the VIPs minus the Chipwoks are in Darth's Mall, which has been moved next to Pixar. It's also worth checking out the roving characters in the Dark Side - the Stormtroopers got an upgrade this year that you have to hear. Unless you have reservations, you're not likely to be able to get into the new character dining locations; if you are, the photopass photos at the beginning are a complimentary download and they each have an new photopass card exclusive to the event. With motorcade, you'll probably need to be there there least two hours early if you want a good spot to take photos. Biggest suggestion: do the motorcade/shows stuff on Sunday if you can, as Sundays have been less crowded. There's also a new cupcake with Yoda; it has Nutella frosting. The DTech offerings at Darth's Mall have also been expanded this year, but I'm afraid I don't know much about the set up for those ones. If you want to meet an Eowk, their sets don't start until after motorcade. For the characters, the attendants don't have a master list of set times and they've been known to change times the night before with very short notice to the cast, so please have pity on the poor attendants who can't tell you when certain characters will be out. They're not trying to be coy, they just honestly do not have set times beyond their own.
Definitely plan on checking out the finale show and the fireworks. It's no Hoopla, but there's pyro! Go two nights if you can - one to be close to the stage to see the finale show, one by Echo Lake or further back to actually be able to see the fireworks.
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Minnie\'s Bow Teacups I link to MouseScrappers! Cheshire Cat 1 Carousel horse Minnie\'s Shoe Earful Tower Magical Express Sorcerer\'s Hat Contemporary Resort 2 Pirate Dog Captain EO United States of America Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Mickey Pumpkin Italy Monorail Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Toy Story Boo Pirate 2 Sorcerers Hat Italy Green bear Ive met another MouseScrapper

Hpgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:36 AM   #46
Carolc
Administrator

wow! Thanks for all the great info! Yeah I'm a little worried about the crowds with MH there. I heard that FP+ will open up this Friday at 8am (I assume Eastern) for the MH event. I'm going to try to get up at that hour... it will be 5am here (not too easy to do when you go to bed around 1am). Good to know that Sunday will be less busy!

I would have loved to do the bfast inside Sci Fi, but just too much $$ for me. I should take a look to see if people have posted photos/videos from it - I'm envisioning it to be pretty cool.

I'm going solo (my first ever solo trip) but it seems like I will be able to meet up with friends at least a little every day, so I think I'll be okay. I'm very excited!

(side note, a photo of me in my SW costume was posted on FB yesterday... my 15 min of fame, lol). Click here to see it

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Old 05-29-2014, 01:53 PM   #47
Aussiegirl
E Ticket Holder

Wow, Laura gave you a LOT of great advice!!! I was looking into Star Wars Weekends yesterday and today. I found this blog post with a TON of information (including good times to get in line for certain characters, where to stand and when to line up for parades, etc): http://www.easywdw.com/worth-2/star-...tc/#more-11188

I made myself a chart by hours in the day, and filled it in with what characters and shows to see when. For me, it was just for fun...but I'm sure you could put together a more permanent and better thought out one using his hints and tips, as a plan for yourself!!!

I'm sure it will be amazing! I have friends who are in WDW right now, and going 2 days this weekend! They are supposed to be buying my husband a T-shirt! I can't wait to hear all about it and see your pics!
Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar It\'s a Small World Minnie\'s Bow United States of America Carousel horse Monorail Mickey\'s glove Star Tours Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Teacups Minnie\'s Shoe Pirate Dog Christmas Tree Eiffel Tower Thanks for helping with the product forum Dawn! Ive met another MouseScrapper Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s shorts Expedition Everest Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Italy I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Jungle Cruise New Zealand United Kingdom Earful Tower Pirate Flag

Aussiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:22 PM   #48
Hpgirl
E Ticket Holder

Software: Photoshop Elements 10
Camera: Canon Rebel T3i
Just as a warning, those character times may not be accurate - last weekend, the chipwoks started at 8:00am, and they didn't come back from motorcade, and they didn't come back until 1:05. Also, Luke and Leia started at 8:00 as well. Darth Maul usually starts at 9am. They're willing to change things at the last minute without telling anyone - for example, with the chipwoks, they only decided the night before, and didn't bother to tell photopass until an 8:10 call asking where their photographer was. Their assessment of parade waiting times and premiere shows is fairly spot on.
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Minnie\'s Bow Teacups I link to MouseScrappers! Cheshire Cat 1 Carousel horse Minnie\'s Shoe Earful Tower Magical Express Sorcerer\'s Hat Contemporary Resort 2 Pirate Dog Captain EO United States of America Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Mickey Pumpkin Italy Monorail Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Toy Story Boo Pirate 2 Sorcerers Hat Italy Green bear Ive met another MouseScrapper

Hpgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:24 PM   #49
Carolc
Administrator

Thanks, Laura!

Studio1955