MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Photo Scavenger Hunt Challenges
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 10-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #1
afirmbeliever
Enjoying the view from the Swiss Family Treehouse

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D3100
Photo Scavenger Hunt # 19 (Nov. 1-Dec 31)

Can you believe it's almost November?!?!?!?! When I was thinking of a theme for this challenge, I immediately thought of the holidays. You say "It's not even Halloween yet? My response to that is....

Especially at Disney. Almost immediately the Fall Decorations are down and it's Christmas everywhere. Lights, trees, ornaments, garland. Hot Chocolate and Cookies. There is even snow falling on Main Street in sunny Florida. It's the most wonderful time of the year. And you're blessed to be enjoying a Magical Disney Vacation.

One of the best ways to remember your vacation is through pictures. Whether you are at Walt Disney World, Disneyland, on a Disney Cruis, you can take part. Search your vacation destination over. Be creative. Have fun.
I've got a great list of items to capture, but before I do, lets go over the rules.....

1) You must have at least 12 of the listed photos.
2) Please identify (either in your layout or with an added description) each of the photos, so that I know which items you captured.
3) Please include something with the date on it to "prove" that the pictures were taken in the challenge time frame. (You must be in the parks at least one day from Nov 1 - Dec. 31)
4) Layout should be uploaded to the MouseScrappers gallery in the Photo Scavenger Hunt Challenge category AND in the appropriate forum.
5) Layouts must be uploaded by Jan. 15th, 2014 to receive the PP.

I finally got a PP preview for you. Here is what you'll be playing for:

I used a theme in my theme to create the list....here it is:
1) Gift Tag
2) Your True Love (Disney, Spouse, Chocolate....the list goes on)
3) Any bird
4) A tree
5) A turtle (or another "sea" animal)
6) A "peace" symbol or something tie-dyed
7) Something "French"
8) Chicken
9) A telephone
10) Donald or Daisy duck dressed in Holiday outfits
11) Something glittery or sparkly
12) Some sort of Mickey Jewelry
13) Feathers
14) Eggs
15) Someone dressed all in white
16) Someone swimming or an empty pool if it's to cold.
17) One of the dedicated housekeeping staff
18) A nice cold glass of milk
19) A cast member dancing
20) A Disney guest dancing
21) A Disney King or Prince
22) Someone jumping, swinging or leaping
23) Some sort of pipe
24) A musical instrument (other than a drum)
25) A Disney Character or CM with a cane/stick/baton
26) A drum

If you guessed the Theme inside the Theme, send me a private message and I'll have a PP add-on for you.
(The add on is still in the works, but I'm almost done. Thanks for being so patient)

Can't wait to see your layouts. Enjoy your Magical Disney Vacation!!!!

I link to MouseScrappers! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Cheshire Cat 1 Contemporary Resort 1 Mouse Ears United States of America Teacups Pop Century Mickeys shoe Carousel horse Sorcerer\'s Hat Monorail Mickey\'s shorts Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Earful Tower Minnie\'s Bow Jungle Cruise It\'s a Small World

Last edited by afirmbeliever; 11-06-2013 at 02:38 PM.

afirmbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #2
monstermama
Watching fireworks burst over Sleeping Beauty's Castle

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: iPhone & Nikon DF
Thank you so much for running this! We'll be taking our first trip to Disney since I started scrapbooking, and our first trip to Disneyland, and my son's 1st birthday (during his first Disney trip)! Think that's enough firsts, lol? I think this scavenger hunt will be another good reminder to slow down and enjoy. I love the theme! Though I can already hear my husband.. "A CHICKEN?!?! Why do you need a photo of a chicken???"
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Dog Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Star Tours Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Rocket Jets Mouse Ears Monorail Minnie\'s Bow Disney Vacation Club Member

monstermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #3
afirmbeliever

You sure do have a bunch of firsts. But that will give you plenty to scrap.

(And as for "chicken", You can find "a" chicken, but any form of chicken will do.....even someone being to chicken to ride on a ride.

I'm still working on the PP, but will post it as soon as I have a preview.

Kelly

I link to MouseScrappers! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Cheshire Cat 1 Contemporary Resort 1 Mouse Ears United States of America Teacups Pop Century Mickeys shoe Carousel horse Sorcerer\'s Hat Monorail Mickey\'s shorts Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Earful Tower Minnie\'s Bow Jungle Cruise It\'s a Small World

Old 10-22-2013, 04:58 PM   #4
momeee
Enjoying Wishes from the Pirate and Pals Cruise

Software: Photoshop Elements 6 (so old I know!)
I'm so excited to be going back to Disneyland and during the holiday's no less!

I've been waiting for this list ever since I knew when we were planning on going!

Love your theme with the photos to take!

momeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #5
ewebwoman
Going through the turnstiles of the Magic Kingdom

Software: Photoshop CS6, Storybook Creator
Camera: Canon 5DMIII, 7D, 5D
Camera Disney for the Holidays

It's my favorite time at the parks. Highly recommended. We go at least once during Christmastime. Looking forward to the hunt. So much fun.

Minnie\'s Shoe Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Star Tours Fantasmic Goofys Hat I love DCL! Teacups Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) It\'s a Small World Mickey\'s glove Monorail Pirate Ears Rocket Jets WDW logo Cheshire Cat 1 Jiminy Cricket Anna Elsa Skyway Baymax Carousel horse D23 Member Olaf Sorcerer\'s Hat Jungle Cruise Sven I link to MouseScrappers!

ewebwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:51 PM   #6
blbandit
Just parked the car

Software: Storybook
Taking my first Disney cruise on the new Magic. Can't wait to do this hunt with those pictures.

Thanks for hosting so we can have so much fun.

blbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #7
afirmbeliever

Can't wait to see all the photos you bring back from your Disney vacations. We usually visit the parks around this time of year (and have a tripped planned for the first week of Dec. 2014!!!!!).

Old 11-08-2013, 04:42 PM   #8
monstermama

Just finished our trip yesterday - I think we got everything except #17 and #18! We had so much fun in the park running around looking for things that fit the hunt while my son napped in his stroller I'm looking forward to sorting through all the pictures!
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Dog Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Star Tours Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Rocket Jets Mouse Ears Monorail Minnie\'s Bow Disney Vacation Club Member

Old 11-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #9
afirmbeliever

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermama View Post
Just finished our trip yesterday - I think we got everything except #17 and #18! We had so much fun in the park running around looking for things that fit the hunt while my son napped in his stroller I'm looking forward to sorting through all the pictures!
Can't wait to see. I've never taken part in these, but I sure have to next time we go. I'm going to try to put together a layout though with old pictures I've taken at Disney over the years. Not sure I'll get them all, but just maybe.

Old 11-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #10
monstermama

Thank you again, Kelly! This was so much fun to do in the parks AND so much fun to put together once we got home. I scrap lifted Hpgirl's layout.

I hope you get a chance to do one of these the next time you visit!