MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Welcome > Help and Support
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 01-23-2010, 05:38 AM   #11
QuiltyMom
E Ticket Holder

Software: Creative Memories SBC+ 4.0
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ150
One's 396 and one's 400, but they both measure 600x600. Let me experiment with something and I'll get back to you...

ETA - I figured it out. I had accidentally copied a link in my credits. I had forgotten to remove it, so it was talking about that, not the photo size.

Problem solved!

Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Jan! Mouse Ears Earful Tower Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s shorts Mickey\'s glove It\'s a Small World Eiffel Tower Monorail Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups Viking Ship I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Skyway Carousel horse Pop Century Magical Express Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I love DCL! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Jungle Cruise Rocket Jets Ive met another MouseScrapper

Last edited by QuiltyMom; 01-23-2010 at 06:07 AM.

QuiltyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2010, 01:21 PM   #12
sullyntink
In the Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room

Software: SBC - Creative Memories
Camera: Nikon D5000
Carol,

I have tried repeatedly to upload a page today but have had no success. I even put it on my photobucket acct and have shrunk it to tiny but I keep getting a message that says my photo is too wide. My image from my computer is set at 72dpi, with 124 KB (127,015 bytes) listed as its size.

I have signed out and back on closed my browser and requested a new password also. I have been able to upload in the past with no problems, do you have any suggestions?

Thank you! Nancy

sullyntink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:47 PM   #13
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Hi Nancy,

Send me a link to your photo on photobucket and I will take a look and try it out.

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:20 AM   #14
sullyntink

Here are the direct links:

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/z...ot-Page024.jpg

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/z...ot-Page025.jpg

Thank you, I am trying upload them to the Members Challenge for this week.

Old 02-11-2010, 06:38 AM   #15
Carolc
Administrator

Good morning Nancy,

I was able to upload your two photos to the weekly challenge gallery (you should see them in your photos). I did not encounter the error you did. Did you try uploading from your PC or did you try uploading from your Photobucket link? When the window opened up to 'browse' my computer, I simply pasted the links you gave me (a URL is an option... it doesn't have to be on your computer, which is nice). If you tried to upload from your computer, right click on the properties of one of them and tell me what the dimensions are.

Carol

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Old 02-12-2010, 02:46 PM   #16
sullyntink

Thank you for uploading them for me Carol. I tried to upload them directly from my computer initially then switched to photobucket. When I look at the properties for the pages both say 124kb, I don't see the dimensions here but when I saved it from the program I made sure it was under 600x600, I will go back to my Software program and find it. Maybe I was copying the wrong link on Photobucket? Which one should we use?

Old 02-12-2010, 05:14 PM   #17
Carolc
Administrator

Hi Nancy,

Sorry, I guess the right click doesn't work for all operating systems.

There are a few other ways you could look up the dimensions:
- If you use Microsoft Windows, open up the folder where the photo is stored ('My Pictures', for example). Hover over the image and see if information pops up. For my image in XP, for example, it shows 'Dimensions... Date Picture Taken...'. The dimension also shows in the very bottom gray bar of the screen.

- or -

- right click on your photo, select 'Open with' and choose your Internet browser (IE, for example). Once it is in the browser, you should be able to right click and select 'Properties'. The properties window in the browser should show the dimensions.

As far as copying from Photobucket, I clicked on the links you sent me. I copied the URL and pasted it in the upload field. So for the first one, I pasted 'http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/sullyntink/MomsDayatEpcot-Page024.jpg'

Studio1955

Old 02-13-2010, 11:05 AM   #18
sullyntink

Well, the smallest my Storybook Creator Plus software will do is: 792x612 I have tried to get it smaller from the program so that I can upload directly but I cannot get it under 600. That's okay, I will just continue to use Photobucket, thank you for your help the last couple of days!

Old 02-13-2010, 11:21 AM   #19
Carolc
Administrator

I just changed a config option - it is suppose to resize without me incurring the disk space of the original file.

Can someone try it out? Try loading an image larger than 600x600 (but smaller than 180kb) and let me know what happens.

Studio1955

Old 02-13-2010, 06:32 PM   #20
snowdrop

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Canon & Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolc View Post
I just changed a config option - it is suppose to resize without me incurring the disk space of the original file.

Can someone try it out? Try loading an image larger than 600x600 (but smaller than 180kb) and let me know what happens.

It looks like all the layouts have been resized to 225x225 in the gallery?

See the over 300 characters I've met at WDW, DL, & DLP: I Love Characters

Disney digital scrapbook LOs: (40+ trips, 2007-2019)
Disney paper albums: 2007 (a work in progress!) / 2003-2007 day trips
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Heather! I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Captain EO Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pooh Marie Cupcake Ive met another MouseScrapper I love DCL! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Eiffel Tower

snowdrop is offline   Reply With Quote