MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Speed Scraps
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Virtual Pin Shop
Notices

Old 04-26-2014, 09:44 AM   #1
frogfish
Taking the Monorail to EPCOT

Software: Photoshop CS4
Camera: Lumix
****** Here for Speed Scrap #174 with Christina (frogfish) ******

This is the last Speed Scrap of our 5th Anniversary Celebration!
Happy Birthday MouseScrappers!

When: Saturday, April 26 at 10am PST/noon CST/1pm EST.

I AM IN THE CHAT ROOM!

I am hosting this speed scrap on behalf of the Design Challenge here on MouseScrappers and you won't believe the PP that I have for you!

4 of our Design Challenge veterans graciously donated some pieces in the colors of our current Design Challenge (and I've also got some other giveaways that we will be talking about during the chat). You don't want to miss this!!!

If you complete the speed scrap in the allotted time you will receive all of the following items:
1 full alpha donated by Lisa (Chef Minnie Mouse)
6 papers donated by Marieke (Romajo)
5 papers and 9 elements donated by Pam (Pooh46)
2 tags and 2 journal cards donated by Linda (MJAJmom)

RULES

Your page needs to be Disney-related (or surrounding area parks) and follow the instructions below.
• Post your completed layouts in this thread, and in the appropriate sub-topic forum. Make sure you post the sub-forum link here too.

Speed Scrap Guidelines
There will be 7 instructions in total.
The first will be posted on the hour.
The second at ten past.
Third at twenty past.
Fourth at half past.
Fifth at twenty to.
Sixth at ten to.
The final instruction on the close of the hour.
If you join late don’t worry that you missed the start you can still play, just follow the rules for your layout and get it uploaded before the deadline.

Instructions

Since this challenge is being sponsored by the Design Challenge here at MS, all of the SS instructions have something to do with the Design Challenge. Maybe you will learn something new about the Design Challenge as you play
  1. THE DESIGN CHALLENGE IS ALL ABOUT DESIGNING YOUR OWN PAPERS, ELEMENTS, AND TEMPLATES, SO --- MAKE SOMETHING YOUR OWN. ALTER A TEMPLATE, CHANGE THE COLOR OF AN ELEMENT, OR CREATE SOMETHING NEW TO USE ON YOUR PAGE.
  2. EACH DESIGN CHALLENGE TYPICALLY LASTS 1 OR 2 MONTHS, SO --- USE ONLY ONE OR TWO PHOTOS.
  3. THE DESIGN CHALLENGE PARTICIPANTS JUST WRAPPED UP DC14, SO --- USE 14 OF ONE ELEMENT. THEY MAY BE ROTATED, RESIZED, OR RECOLORED BUT THEY MUST BE THE SAME ELEMENT.
  4. DC 15 STARTS IN JUST A FEW DAYS AND IT WILL BE THE FIRST DESIGN CHALLENGE IN A LONG TIME TO BE MADE AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE IN THE MOUSESCRAPPERS STORE! SO --- SCRAP A MEMORY THAT WAS A FIRST (OR EVEN A FIRST TIME IN A LONG TIME) FOR YOU OR SOMEONE ELSE.
  5. SURPRISE! I AM GOING TO RANDOMLY SELECT 1 PERSON IN THE CHAT ROOM RIGHT NOW TO RECEIVE DC15 FOR FREE WHEN IT IS RELEASED AT THE BEGINNING OF JUNE! (Congratulations Marie!) A GIFT LIKE THAT NEEDS A BOW AND/OR A RIBBON, SO --- USE AT LEAST ONE BOW OR RIBBON ON YOUR PAGE.
  6. ANOTHER SURPRISE! TWO RANDOMLY SELECTED PEOPLE WHO COMPLETE THIS SS IN THE ALLOTED TIME WILL GET DC15 FOR FREE WHEN IT IS RELEASED! SO --- YOUR PAGE NEEDS TWO TITLES ON DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE PAGE. YOU COULD ALSO BREAK ONE TITLE INTO TWO PIECES AND PLACE THE PIECES ON DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE PAGE.
  7. WHEN DESIGNING, DETAILS ARE KEY, SO --- ROCK THE DETAILS: JOURNAL, DATE, SHADOW, AND ADD ANYTHING ELSE YOU THINK YOUR PAGE NEEDS.

You have until 3pm PST / 5pm CST / 6pm EST to get your page uploaded to receive the prizes!

Here's mine!

Last edited by frogfish; 04-26-2014 at 01:10 PM.

frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2014, 10:29 AM   #2
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
My chat room froze up so I rebooted... still can't get in. Am I missing the goodies?

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:26 AM   #3
Murmer
Getting some photos of the Tree of Life

It was fun...everything is stuff I designed for the DC or for the blog hop add-on.

Also posted HERE.
Ive met another MouseScrapper Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts!

Murmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:37 AM   #4
*melidy*
E Ticket Holder

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Cannon
Phew, here is mine:
I altered template and made the little jellybean element, added 14 jellybeans and it was my first time actually forking out the money and buying some Bertie Botts haha!

Also posted in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter thread.

Such a fun challenge Christina Thanks to the girls for the PP's too!!
I link to MouseScrappers! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Sorcerer\'s Hat Earful Tower Mouse Ears Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s glove Minnie\'s Bow Minnie\'s Shoe Teacups Carousel horse It\'s a Small World Cheshire Cat 1 Jungle Cruise Pirate Flag Pirate Ears Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Pirate Dog Mickey Pumpkin Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Expedition Everest Captain EO Star Tours Monorail Minnie Bride United Kingdom France United States of America

*melidy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:17 PM   #5
RMSTigger
Terrified on Tower of Terror

Software: PSE 12, Lightroom 3
Camera: Nikon
Good Morning Disney

I created the alpha and template and modified the papers.

Also posted here:
http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...959#post146959

Thanks for hosting the speed scrap

RMSTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:34 PM   #6
meagan43
Enjoying an Illuminations dessert party

Software: Creative Memories Storybook Creator
Camera: Nikon D3000, Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS, whatever else I can find to use :)
Fun Chat today and great challenge. Thanks for hosting today. I think the instructions were challenging enough without being daunting. This is my title page for my trip of the Grand Opening to Cars Land and Buena Vista. I modified tons on this template, recolored the 14 chevrons and cut out the burst to make the sky more interesting. I made my own alpha (simply) with a 2 fonts, filled with paper.

my blog:
http://meaganshowto.blogspot.com/
Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Ive met another MouseScrapper

meagan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:34 PM   #7
jnac916
Going through the turnstiles of the Magic Kingdom

I altered the color of the Alpha used in the top part of the title as well as some of the colors of the flowers. Thank you for this fun speed scrap.

Also posted here http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...?t=4686&page=2

jnac916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:36 PM   #8
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Thanks so much for hosting, and thank you ladies for the prize donations! I altered the template - had to make the photo a little smaller so I added another paper with curved edge. My 'first' was that this was the first day I ever saw Cinderella's Castle... it may be my first photo of it as well but I'm not sure.

Also here: http://mousescrappers.com/forums/sho...963#post146963

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:44 PM   #9
Marie
Having dinner at Rainforest Café

Software: SBC Plus 3.0
Thanks for the fun chat and challenge! And thanks to everyone who donated prizes!

Here is my layout. I altered the template.

http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...970#post146970

Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:42 PM   #10
tukogirl

Thanks for the fun speed scrap!

My 14 element are the gold stars. I think I recolored almost everything on this page LOL!

also here: http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...974#post146974

Thanks for being so nice to others Andrea! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) It\'s a Small World Teacups Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Skyway I link to MouseScrappers! Speed Scrapper! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Carol helped me book my vacation! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Magical Express Expedition Everest 2011 Special Edition pin #1 2011 Special Edition pin #4 2011 Special Edition pin #2 D23 Member Norway Sulley Big Eyes Minnie I love DCL! Pop Century Big Thunder Cozy Cone Motel Kilimanjaro Safaris Ive met another MouseScrapper Dale Perry

tukogirl is offline   Reply With Quote