MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Travel > DVC Chat
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 08-17-2014, 12:05 PM   #1
winipeg1
I'm Soarin' over California

Software: Craft artist
Camera: sony alpha 33
Grand Californian question

Hi

Just planning a trip to California, and we are looking at 'renting DVD points for the Grand Californian.

Just a few questions-

Is it worth the extra $300 ish to stay here than a hotel that is straight across from Disneyland?

Is renting DVC points from a DVC member as easy as it seems?

And any other information that any one can give about either the Grand Californian or DVC points.

Thanks in advance

United Kingdom Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Mickey\'s shorts Magical Express Boardwalk 1 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar

winipeg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2014, 07:46 PM   #2
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Well, you can't beat the convenience of walking right out into DCA, lol. It may be just as far from the DL main gate as the Fairfield Inn (though you could take the monorail). Is it worth an extra $300? Well, to some people for sure - to me I'm more of a penny pincher, and have a hard time paying over $150 for a hotel . It for sure is a very nice hotel, though I've only stayed in a regular hotel room (before they added on the villas). It is quite difficult to get a room there, though. There aren't many villas (relatively speaking) so they are often sold out. You can ask any member if they'd mind checking availability for you (there is an online booking engine on the member site)

Hope that helps!

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 03:34 PM   #3
monstermama
Watching fireworks burst over Sleeping Beauty's Castle

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: iPhone & Nikon DF
Never stayed myself, but the hotel is absolutely gorgeous and certainly nicer than any of the off-sites I've stayed at! The main benefits that I see for staying there are the early magic hours, which might be helpful at DCA with Cars land, and the closeness to DCA itself. If you're planning on spending more of your vacation at DL, I'd think it's not as useful. Also, if you have a big family (so you'd need more than one hotel room elsewhere) or little ones who need to nap in a hotel room, DVC may be better for you.

We tried renting points once for what was predicted to be a not very busy time of year, but couldn't get any availability. There's only something like 100 possible rooms, assuming the 2-bedroom villas are being used as a studio and a one-bedroom.
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Dog Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Star Tours Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Rocket Jets Mouse Ears Monorail Minnie\'s Bow Disney Vacation Club Member

monstermama is offline   Reply With Quote