MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Speed Scraps
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 01-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #1
afirmbeliever
Enjoying the view from the Swiss Family Treehouse

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D3100
*****Here for Speed Scrap #135*****

I am so glad to see you here. This is my very first speed scrap to host. It's also my first time hosting the chat. I hope to see you there (and hope you'll be patient with me working the chat and updating this post). You can get to the chat by following this link

You'll be scrapping to earn one, or all of these, paper packs.

For each step you scrap completely you get your choice of paper pack. Finish two steps get two packs. Three steps complete = 3 packs. Finish all 7 and you get ALL 7!!!!!!

Posting Instructions:
1. Post your layout in Speed Scrap #135 Gallery.
2. Post your layout in the appropriate forum (provided a link in this thread)
3. Post your layout here in this thread. When doing so list the paper packs you want in the order of preference.
a - Classic Characters (Dumbo, Pinocchio, Tinkerbell, Jiminey Cricket, Figment)
b - Fab Five (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Pluto)
c - Pixar Pals (Incredibles, Mike, Sully, Boo, Nemo)
d - Pooh Corner (Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, Tigger)
e - Pretty as a Princess (Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Snow White)
f - Wonder Land (Alice, White Rabbit, Mad Hatter, Tweedle Dee/Tweedle Dumb, Cheshire Cat)
g - You've Got a Friend (Buzz, Woody, Alien, Lotso)

4. Due Time: I know this is a speed scrap. But I've gotten so far behind. I still have my layouts to create (so I can get the awesome PP's these ladies are offering). We also have scrap sisters in different time zones. Church tomorrow. So I'll be checking when I can, but make sure that you have everything done by Monday 9 AM Eastern time to earn your PP.

Remember:
There will be Goodie bags for all participants who complete at least 1/2 (8) of the scheduled scraps.... plus another goodie bag for anyone who completes the Full marathon!! In order to qualify for the goodie bags... each scrapper needs to create a post in the master thread (just one) stickied to the top of the Speed Scrap sub-forum and put a link to each of their LOs. They can post up until NOON EST on MONDAY in that thread to qualify. Here is a link to that thread: http://mousescrappers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12726

And now onto the Scrap. . . . . . .

Instructions for Speed Scrap #135

I'm using the theme of the paper packs for each of my 7 steps (no particular order).

STEP #1: In honor of the FAB FIVE, you must have 5 photos. At least one being a Disney Character.

STEP #2: In honor of PRETTY AS A PRINCESS- Just like every princess has her prince, Every photo should have a paper. So for that means you need five different papers. Use it as a background, border, mat, etc.

STEP #3: In honor of POOH CORNER - Cover the corners of you photos. Put a frame over them. Layer. Hide w/ elements. Put corner covers on them. I don't care what or how, I just don't want to see them.

STEP #4: In honor of PIXAR PALS - Find an element to go along with each photo. Place the element so that at least part of it is touching it's "friend" Use your imagination- flowers,word art, bows, special elements, hats, etc. (Example-Pooh Bear would be friends with say a Honey pot. Make sense?)

STEP #5: In honor of WONDER LAND: The white rabbit was late for an important date. Let us know your important date and date your layout.

STEP #6: YOU'VE GOT A FRIEND IN ME - I usually shy away from journaling. But I want to see words. Either word art, a little journaling or or journal, journal, journal to infinity and beyond.

STEP #7: In honor of the CLASSIC CHARACTERS - If you know anything about me, my two classic add-on's are Mickey heads and glitter. I want to see both somewhere on your page.

Here is my page

I link to MouseScrappers! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Cheshire Cat 1 Contemporary Resort 1 Mouse Ears United States of America Teacups Pop Century Mickeys shoe Carousel horse Sorcerer\'s Hat Monorail Mickey\'s shorts Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Earful Tower Minnie\'s Bow Jungle Cruise It\'s a Small World

Last edited by afirmbeliever; 01-19-2013 at 06:17 PM.

afirmbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2013, 05:53 PM   #2
bcalberti
Randomly selected to dine in Club 33!

is it okay if one picture covers the corner of the other picture or does that make new corners that need to be covered?

bcalberti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #3
alclark11
Blasting through Space Mountain

Software: CM Storybook Creator Plus
Camera: Canon Powershot SX20 is
Time to get started! I love how you wrote your directions

alclark11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:09 PM   #4
afirmbeliever
Enjoying the view from the Swiss Family Treehouse

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D3100
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcalberti View Post
is it okay if one picture covers the corner of the other picture or does that make new corners that need to be covered?
Sorry, just saw this now. You can cover the corner of one photo with another. But the top photo's corner needs to be covered by something (flower, leaf, mickey head, etc)

I link to MouseScrappers! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Cheshire Cat 1 Contemporary Resort 1 Mouse Ears United States of America Teacups Pop Century Mickeys shoe Carousel horse Sorcerer\'s Hat Monorail Mickey\'s shorts Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Earful Tower Minnie\'s Bow Jungle Cruise It\'s a Small World

afirmbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:18 PM   #5
tukogirl

This is such a fun twist! I'm getting started right now!

Thanks for being so nice to others Andrea! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) It\'s a Small World Teacups Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Skyway I link to MouseScrappers! Speed Scrapper! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Carol helped me book my vacation! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Magical Express Expedition Everest 2011 Special Edition pin #1 2011 Special Edition pin #4 2011 Special Edition pin #2 D23 Member Norway Sulley Big Eyes Minnie I love DCL! Pop Century Big Thunder Cozy Cone Motel Kilimanjaro Safaris Ive met another MouseScrapper Dale Perry

tukogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #6
amordemar
Having breakfast in Goofy's Kitchen

Software: Photoshop CS5
Camera: Canon 50D; lenses: 50mm, 85mm
Such a fun challenge, Kelly! And those papers are to die for! My faves are : f,a,d,e,g,b,c

Here is my LO:

I also posted it HERE!

Come Say Hi Over at My Scrap Blog!! A Disney Addicted Family! DH , ME! Ali , Ethan , Ava , and Lulu
Magical Express I link to MouseScrappers! Minnie\'s Bow Carousel horse Boo Cheshire Cat Cupcake Star Tours Pirate Flag Big Eyes Minnie Captain EO Big Eyes Tinkerbell Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Teacups Sorcerer\'s Hat Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Haunted Mansion Japan United Kingdom I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers!

amordemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #7
Murmer
Getting some photos of the Tree of Life

Thank you for the great Speed Scrap and the AMAZING PP.

PP preference:
Pooh
Classic
Fab Five
You've Got a Friend
Pretty as a Princess
Pixar Pals
Wonderland

Also posted HERE.
Ive met another MouseScrapper Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts!

Murmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:37 PM   #8
bcalberti
Randomly selected to dine in Club 33!

wow, that was a speed scrap with lots going on.
Hope I get all the parts right in this post:
http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos...parade&cat=all
http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...263#post126263

Paper pack prefernce:
b - Fab Five (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Pluto)
e - Pretty as a Princess (Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Snow White)
d - Pooh Corner (Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, Tigger)
a - Classic Characters (Dumbo, Pinocchio, Tinkerbell, Jiminey Cricket, Figment)
g - You've Got a Friend (Buzz, Woody, Alien, Lotso)
f - Wonder Land (Alice, White Rabbit, Mad Hatter, Tweedle Dee/Tweedle Dumb, Cheshire Cat)
c - Pixar Pals (Incredibles, Mike, Sully, Boo, Nemo)

but... I'm pretty sure I did all the steps (I just went back to recheck)

bcalberti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:44 PM   #9
Kilted Candyman
Trying all the props in Toontown

Software: PSE
Camera: Canon PowerShot ELPH 310 HS
Hope I covered all the bases -

If I missed anything my preference is B, C, E, F, G, A & D

Also here http://mousescrappers.com/forums/sho...&postcount=183

Jim

Edit - Tweaked the design with a few shadows for depth
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Star Tours Magical Express I love DCL! Pirate Ears Rocket Jets Pirate Dog Pirate Flag D23 Member Sorcerer\'s Hat It\'s a Small World Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie\'s Bow Boardwalk 1 Jungle Cruise Earful Tower Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Monorail Viking Ship Pirates of the Caribbean Skyway Contemporary Resort 1 Contemporary Resort 2

Last edited by Kilted Candyman; 01-20-2013 at 05:41 PM.

Kilted Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:44 PM   #10
COLINS7350
Having breakfast in Goofy's Kitchen

Software: PSE 9
Camera: NIKON D80
Speed Scrap #135

Thanks for hosting and the wonderful PP

Chelle's Creations - Something Fishy
Britt-ish - Glitter - Bouncy
Cindy Schneider Template

http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...4&postcount=77