MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Welcome > Help and Support
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 09-23-2009, 01:17 PM   #1
britt
E Ticket Holder

No More Hotlinking!

Hi guys!! It's come to my attention that a LOT of you are using the ScrapMatters gallery to host your images to post here. This needs to stop. Its called hotlinking (aka bandwidth theft), and its bad for SM! It makes the gallery and site lag and its basically stealing bandwidth! Please read more about what hotlinking is HERE.

The images you upload to a scrap site, should only be used on that scrap site. Not outside sites. Because you are using that site's bandwidth to view it. Instead, you need to host your own images at an image hosting site, like photobucket, imageshack or smugmug. It's free to set up an account.

You can TOTALLY make your images LINK to your credits page, you just can't use the image's URL (the one ending in .jpg) from the SM gallery, to make your photo appear in ANY thread that isn't on SM's forum. Does that make sense?

I know many of you have spent hours posting LOs in the venue threads here at MouseScrappers, so you don't need to go back and fix anything. Just from here on out, please do NOT use the SM image URLs to host your LO images. I know that none of you would purposefully do anything to hurt ScrapMatters. I know it was unintentional - just make sure to stop hotlinking from here on out. No hard feelings!!

Again - making you image link or posting links to SM for credits = fine.
Using the image URL from the SM gallery (or any non-image hosting site for that matter) = not ok.

I know this isn't the most convenient thing, but it has to be done. We can't be stealing other site's bandwidth!! K?? We don't want to get ourselves in trouble AGAIN!

Thanks for your cooperation everyone!! Let me know if you have any questions!

my blog my gallery
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Thanks for bringing in so many new members Britt! I link to MouseScrappers! Speed Scrapper! Mouse Ears Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Magical Express Cheshire Cat 1 Big Eyes Minnie Stormtrooper Boo USA Ive met another MouseScrapper

britt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #2
roxana
Checking out, and taking Magical Express back to MCO

Software: CS5
Camera: Canon
Carol, most of the SM tuts are disabled, am I able to delete those discussions so people dont waste time browsing through them? Do I have that power considering I created them? I see a window below each discussion that says delete discussion but dont wanna click on something and mess up, thats why Im asking you.

I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow Speed Scrapper! Sorcerer\'s Hat Jungle Cruise Peru Monorail Maracas Carousel horse Pirate Ears Teacups Pop Century Star Tours Captain EO Magical Express Thanks for being so helpful to others Roxana! Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag Viking Ship Pirate Dog Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Cheshire Cat 1 Minnie\'s Shoe It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest Mickey\'s glove Wish VoluntEAR - Castle

roxana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:52 PM   #3
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxana View Post
Carol, most of the SM tuts are disabled, am I able to delete those discussions so people dont waste time browsing through them? Do I have that power considering I created them? I see a window below each discussion that says delete discussion but dont wanna click on something and mess up, thats why Im asking you.
Can you tell me where to find them? I'll take a look

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:20 AM   #4
roxana

Heres one: http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...iscussionid=17

But I just realized it is for messages no discussions, silly me. I can link you to all the disabled discussions if you need too. Needless to say some members will down their posts number if the discussions are deleted, maybe edit the title with a: link disabled or something like that?

I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow Speed Scrapper! Sorcerer\'s Hat Jungle Cruise Peru Monorail Maracas Carousel horse Pirate Ears Teacups Pop Century Star Tours Captain EO Magical Express Thanks for being so helpful to others Roxana! Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag Viking Ship Pirate Dog Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Cheshire Cat 1 Minnie\'s Shoe It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest Mickey\'s glove Wish VoluntEAR - Castle

Old 12-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #5
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxana View Post
Heres one: http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...iscussionid=17

But I just realized it is for messages no discussions, silly me. I can link you to all the disabled discussions if you need too. Needless to say some members will down their posts number if the discussions are deleted, maybe edit the title with a: link disabled or something like that?
Oh wow... I never even knew this group/discussion existed. Looks like there is some good info here. It would be nice to have it in the forums where everyone can see it... But I don't see a way to move them. I don't even see a way to rename it. maybe we can go thru and add the items that are still valid to the software forum. Would that be okay with you? Or is there an advantage for keeping it as a discussion?

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:54 AM   #6
roxana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolc View Post
Oh wow... I never even knew this group/discussion existed. Looks like there is some good info here. It would be nice to have it in the forums where everyone can see it... But I don't see a way to move them. I don't even see a way to rename it. maybe we can go thru and add the items that are still valid to the software forum. Would that be okay with you? Or is there an advantage for keeping it as a discussion?
Not at all! In fact I always thought not enough PS users knew about this group, lots of great tut and tips in there Would you start a thread or something? Do you have an idea of the how posting them? on individual threads or all in one kinda PS users? Would be great as more people would be able to share new ones.