MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Let's talk about DISNEY! > Disney News and information > Park changes/openings
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 09-04-2010, 12:18 PM   #1
poohaddict
E Ticket Holder

Software: Storybook Creator 3.0 & PSE9
Camera: Canon Rebel T2i
Mainstreet Electrical Parade EXTENDED!!!

I was poking around on the disney park blog and I found that MSEP has been extended!!!!! Check it out at this link

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-disney-world/

We missed it in June due to unhappy people (my brother) we left early.
So I am hoping oin November when we go WITHOUT HIM that we can see it!

My Blog Donna
Carousel horse Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Expedition Everest Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Pirate Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Cheshire Cat 1 Teacups Star Tours Germany Earful Tower Minnie\'s Bow It\'s a Small World Mickey Pumpkin USA Pinocchio Girlie Disney Vacation Club Minnie Cupcake Toy Story Pooh Marie Cupcake Cheshire Cat Cupcake Pirate 2 Pumpkin Mickey Confetti Cupcake Plane Crazy Toy Story Alien Mexico

poohaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2010, 01:29 PM   #2
scrappinnewbie
E Ticket Holder

Software: SBC+3.0
Camera: Cannon Rebel XTi
Oh yeah!

We saw the Parade in July, but Hannah just couldn't stay awake. She missed it all. I tried making photos, but they didn't turn out so good.

We will be back in October so hopefully both Girls can see the Parade.

Thanks for the information!

Melinda
Mouse Ears United States of America Minnie\'s Shoe Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Melinda! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Teacups Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Panda Germany R2-D2 Pigglet 1 Carol helped me book my vacation! Big Thunder Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Ive met another MouseScrapper

scrappinnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:13 PM   #3
snowdrop

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Canon & Sony
Yep, when I heard last month I was SO excited because I thought I would be missing it by a few weeks. Now I get to catch it in a few days. I've heard rumors that it might be staying until the end of the year, or even to next summer!

See the over 300 characters I've met at WDW, DL, & DLP: I Love Characters

Disney digital scrapbook LOs: (40+ trips, 2007-2019)
Disney paper albums: 2007 (a work in progress!) / 2003-2007 day trips
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Heather! I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Captain EO Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pooh Marie Cupcake Ive met another MouseScrapper I love DCL! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Eiffel Tower

snowdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:03 AM   #4
This Dixie Pixie
E Ticket Holder

I guess I'm one of those who is really disappointed by this news. I saw it shortly after it had opened when I was a kid, but we were there at Christmas and the crowds were so big that I remember being sad that I couldn't see much. Then when we took our kids to DLR in 1999, the parade had been discontinued. I was sad because I had hoped to be able to see it better that time. So then DH & I planned our trip for mid-November and I was so excited I was going to be able to see it! But guess what? They stinkin' moved it to WDW. The one year in the past 6 years that we aren't going to go to MK. So I held out hope that maybe since it was only for the summer, it would be able to get back to DLR before we go. And now.... well. *sigh* Donna is sad. Normally I'd say "well that just means I have to plan another trip to DLR", but with my luck, they'd decide to move it to Hong Kong for 2 or 3 years.
I link to MouseScrappers! Monorail Speed Scrapper! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Mouse Ears Magical Express Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Canada Rocket Jets Sorcerer\'s Hat I got Maleficent as a dragon for referring people to MouseScrappers! Minnie\'s Bow Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Mickey\'s shorts It\'s a Small World Cheshire Cat 1 Carousel horse Star Tours Captain EO Mickey\'s glove Minnie\'s Shoe Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Mickeys shoe Pop Century Jungle Cruise Skyway United States of America Pirate Dog Teacups

This Dixie Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:51 AM   #5
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
This is something I really don't understand. Hey Disney people, the Main Street Electrical Parade belongs ON Main Street... NOT California Adventure, for starters. If you want to have it at Main Street in the Magic Kingdom also, then duplicate it - you have the money! Or, send SpectroMagic to the West Coast while MSEP is in Florida.

Okay, I'll stop complaining now.

Trivia: Did you know that the intro voice of the Main Street Electrical Parade ("Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls... Disneyland proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination....") is the voice of Jack Wagner? I only learned about that a few months ago... I would have never guessed!

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 04:42 PM   #6
poohaddict
E Ticket Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by This Dixie Pixie View Post
I guess I'm one of those who is really disappointed by this news. I saw it shortly after it had opened when I was a kid, but we were there at Christmas and the crowds were so big that I remember being sad that I couldn't see much. Then when we took our kids to DLR in 1999, the parade had been discontinued. I was sad because I had hoped to be able to see it better that time. So then DH & I planned our trip for mid-November and I was so excited I was going to be able to see it! But guess what? They stinkin' moved it to WDW. The one year in the past 6 years that we aren't going to go to MK. So I held out hope that maybe since it was only for the summer, it would be able to get back to DLR before we go. And now.... well. *sigh* Donna is sad. Normally I'd say "well that just means I have to plan another trip to DLR", but with my luck, they'd decide to move it to Hong Kong for 2 or 3 years.
Oh Donna that stinks Its like they know you were coming and kept you looking for the parade . I am soooooo excited because I have a Disney soundtrack that we listen to in the car and my kids are so excited to finally see the parade. Hopefully it sticks around for a while!

My Blog Donna
Carousel horse Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Expedition Everest Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Pirate Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Cheshire Cat 1 Teacups Star Tours Germany Earful Tower Minnie\'s Bow It\'s a Small World Mickey Pumpkin USA Pinocchio Girlie Disney Vacation Club Minnie Cupcake Toy Story Pooh Marie Cupcake Cheshire Cat Cupcake Pirate 2 Pumpkin Mickey Confetti Cupcake Plane Crazy Toy Story Alien Mexico

Old 09-05-2010, 11:44 PM   #7
snowdrop

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Canon & Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolc View Post
Or, send SpectroMagic to the West Coast while MSEP is in Florida.
I've heard they are doing a big refurb to Spectro, that's why there were rumors for a while that it would be extended. Again, just rumors, didn't see that for sure anywhere, lol.

See the over 300 characters I've met at WDW, DL, & DLP: I Love Characters

Disney digital scrapbook LOs: (40+ trips, 2007-2019)
Disney paper albums: 2007 (a work in progress!) / 2003-2007 day trips
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Heather! I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Captain EO Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pooh Marie Cupcake Ive met another MouseScrapper I love DCL! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Eiffel Tower

snowdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:33 AM   #8
minniemouse
In Town Square, envisioning Walt giving his speech

Software: PSE 10.0
Camera: Kodak
I'm confused. So it's been moved a couple of times? Where is it now through November? California Adventure?
Magical Express Contemporary Resort 2 Rocket Jets Star Tours Contemporary Resort 1 Boardwalk 1 Captain EO

minniemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:39 AM   #9
poohaddict
E Ticket Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemouse View Post
I'm confused. So it's been moved a couple of times? Where is it now through November? California Adventure?
They have moved it to WDW it was only supossed to be for the summer but it now has an open ended end date.

My Blog Donna

Old 09-10-2010, 09:55 AM   #10
tiggernjen
E Ticket Holder

Software: PSE10
Camera: Nikon D40
My daughter always wanted to be in The Main Street Electrical Parade...She loved the dancers with Cinderella, and that was the part of the parade she wanted to be in...But by the time she had graduated from High School the parade was replaced by the SpectroMagic parade...I was glad to hear that it was coming back to WDW for the summer, but sad that we might not get to see it, since our annual summer trip had to get cancelled... But now we might get to see it again when we go down in November...
Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Disney Vacation Club Member I link to MouseScrappers! Minnie\'s Bow Monorail Mouse Ears Boardwalk 1 Teacups Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey\'s glove Earful Tower Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Pirate Dog D23 Member Jungle Cruise Contemporary Resort 1 Limited Edition Amazon pin #1 I love DCL! I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Lyn! Big Eyes Donald Mickey Parts Ive met another MouseScrapper Carol helped me book my vacation!

tiggernjen is offline   Reply With Quote