MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Let's talk about DISNEY! > Disney News and information > DCL news/changes
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 04-09-2011, 05:56 AM   #1
WDW Scrap Princess
E Ticket Holder

Software: CS6~PSE10~SBC
Camera: Nikon D3300
Talking Disney to set sail for NYC

Great News!

Now that he’s conquered Times Square, Mickey Mouse has set his sights on the Hudson River and beyond.

The 2,700-passenger Disney Magic ship will anchor at a Manhattan pier starting in May 2012 in a plan heralded as a triumph for city tourism.

Disney will use the Manhattan Cruise Terminal as the portal to 20 destinations in Canada and the Caribbean, ranging from introductory two-night trips out to sea to eight-night sailings to the Bahamas. Five-night cruises up the New England coast will call at Halifax, Nova Scotia, St. John and New Brunswick.

The move “cements our standing as a top cruise destination and will help us to exceed the record-breaking tourism numbers that are critical to supporting the city’s economy,” Mayor Michael Bloomberg said.

City forecasters said that the ship will attract an additional 45,000 embarking passengers, adding $11 million in spending for NYC.

The 2010 Economic Impact Study showed that cruise passengers and crew spent $144.6 million in the Big Apple last year, with only 21 percent of cruise passengers living in the tri-state area.

Disney is the sixth major line to make NYC its home port, joining Holland America, Carnival and Norwegian Cruise Lines at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal and Cunard and Princess at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal.

http://www.amny.com/urbanite-1.81203...-nyc-1.2804769
Disney Vacation Club Member Minnie\'s Bow Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts It\'s a Small World Carousel horse Magical Express Sorcerer\'s Hat Boardwalk 1 Contemporary Resort 1 Rocket Jets Monorail Eiffel Tower Earful Tower Minnie\'s Shoe Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag I love DCL! Cheshire Cat 1 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Teresa! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I got the Tree of Life for referring people to MouseScrappers! Cutester Minnie Dale Bambi

WDW Scrap Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2011, 06:01 AM   #2
WDW Scrap Princess
E Ticket Holder

I am Definitely going to be in the first

sailing

I submitted this to the Disney company a while ago! ( Probably not the first)

All the PA, NJ, CT,NH, MA can come and sail from NYC!
Disney Vacation Club Member Minnie\'s Bow Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts It\'s a Small World Carousel horse Magical Express Sorcerer\'s Hat Boardwalk 1 Contemporary Resort 1 Rocket Jets Monorail Eiffel Tower Earful Tower Minnie\'s Shoe Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag I love DCL! Cheshire Cat 1 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Teresa! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I got the Tree of Life for referring people to MouseScrappers! Cutester Minnie Dale Bambi

Old 04-09-2011, 06:44 AM   #3
QuiltyMom
E Ticket Holder

Software: Creative Memories SBC+ 4.0
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ150
I was so thrilled to see this! NYC is so darned close to us compared to Florida.

Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Jan! Mouse Ears Earful Tower Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s shorts Mickey\'s glove It\'s a Small World Eiffel Tower Monorail Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups Viking Ship I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Skyway Carousel horse Pop Century Magical Express Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I love DCL! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Jungle Cruise Rocket Jets Ive met another MouseScrapper

QuiltyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:04 AM   #4
luv2scrapmm
E Ticket Holder

Software: Craft Artist
Camera: Canon Powershot SX10IS & learning to use my new Nikon D3100
We got a secret porthole for one of the Canadian cruises in August
Pirate Ears Speed Scrapper! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest I love DCL! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Haunted Mansion Sorcerers Hat Panda Beast Redfan R2-D2 Boo Toy Story Alien Gingerbread Italy Pigglet 1 Great Britain Morocco Big Eyes Goofy Mickey Bar Pooh Big Eyes Mike Wazowski Norway Cutester Minnie Kermit 1 France Test Track Pumpkin Mickey Germany

luv2scrapmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:24 AM   #5
QuiltyMom
E Ticket Holder

Software: Creative Memories SBC+ 4.0
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ150
I'd love to do the Canadian cruise. Maybe if we are able to save enough pennies in the next couple of years we can.

Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Jan! Mouse Ears Earful Tower Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s shorts Mickey\'s glove It\'s a Small World Eiffel Tower Monorail Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups Viking Ship I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Skyway Carousel horse Pop Century Magical Express Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I love DCL! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Jungle Cruise Rocket Jets Ive met another MouseScrapper

QuiltyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:06 AM   #6
WDW Scrap Princess
E Ticket Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2scrapmm View Post
We got a secret porthole for one of the Canadian cruises in August
This is the one my husband was desiring to go too!

Old 04-09-2011, 01:38 PM   #7
stormer
Enjoying the view from the Swiss Family Treehouse

Software: SBC+ 3.0
Count me as another excited person!
Disney Vacation Club Member Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears United States of America Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts Star Tours Rocket Jets Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Captain EO Contemporary Resort 1 Monorail Mickeys shoe Minnie\'s Shoe Minnie\'s Bow Pirate Ears Boardwalk 1 Earful Tower Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Cutester Minnie Gingerbread Darth Vader

stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:29 PM   #8
liriel
E Ticket Holder

Software: PSE 12
Camera: Pentax k-x
Oh my we are definitely going to have to sign up for this one!
Mouse Ears Jungle Cruise Sorcerer\'s Hat Star Tours Captain EO Magical Express Mickey\'s glove Minnie\'s Bow Mickey Pumpkin Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Monorail United States of America Mickeys shoe It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Skyway I link to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Cheshire Cat 1 Minnie\'s Shoe Thanks for all your help with MouseScrappers Julie! Mickey\'s shorts Contemporary Resort 1 Carousel horse Earful Tower Carol helped me book my vacation! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Stormtrooper Ive met another MouseScrapper

liriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:39 PM   #9
rescuetink
Buying my Disneyland park tickets

Software: PSE8
Camera: Olympus E-450
WOW! We are in NJ and I am super excited...

Magical Express Disney Vacation Club Member

rescuetink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:47 PM   #10
poohaddict
E Ticket Holder

Software: Storybook Creator 3.0 & PSE9
Camera: Canon Rebel T2i
I am excited we are hoping to get on one of the Canadian cruise. We will see how that goes!!!

My Blog Donna
Carousel horse Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Expedition Everest Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Pirate Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Cheshire Cat 1 Teacups Star Tours Germany Earful Tower Minnie\'s Bow It\'s a Small World Mickey Pumpkin USA Pinocchio Girlie Disney Vacation Club Minnie Cupcake Toy Story Pooh Marie Cupcake Cheshire Cat Cupcake Pirate 2 Pumpkin Mickey Confetti Cupcake Plane Crazy Toy Story Alien Mexico

poohaddict is offline   Reply With Quote