MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Weekly Challenges
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 03-13-2017, 10:07 AM   #11
DianeInOz
Taking the Studio Backlot Tour

Software: adobe elements 13
Camera: Canon Digital Rebel XSi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Stitch View Post
Super great idea for this challenge!

I'm a stickler for backing up because I've lost files sooooo many times. How do you guys back up and how much it too much?

I keep ALL of my files (pages and kits) on an external drive. I only keep a copy of final page jpegs and a duplicate of pictures still to scrap on the desktop harddrive. I've been thinking of getting a second external drive. You can never have too much, but I was curious how you all saved your data.
I have 2 external drives. I keep my pictures on both and then, on one of the drives, I have all of my scrapbook pages. With the scrapbook pages, I have a 3rd copy of the pictures (which I have clearly labelled DELETE WHEN DONE) so that I scrap the pics and then delete them from that file, leaving them in 2 places. If that makes any sense...

DianeInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2017, 11:16 AM   #12
pixleyyy
Staying the night in the Contemporary Resort

Software: PS CC
Camera: Nikon d7000
Mine automatically back up to the cloud but this reminded me to put them on an external hard drive too. I backed up both of my external hard drives with all of 2016. Good challenge because I really had forgotten to do that for a whole year!
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Sorcerer\'s Hat Expedition Everest Carousel horse Cheshire Cat 1 It\'s a Small World Mouse Ears Teacups Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Flag United States of America Minnie\'s Shoe Minnie\'s Bow Star Tours Earful Tower Captain EO

pixleyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 05:58 AM   #13
Crazy4Stitch
Singing along with the children on the happiest cruise that ever sailed

Software: Photoshop
Camera: Canon Powershot SX40
Thanks, great ideas! it sounds like a 2nd external drive is in my future.
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Star Tours Captain EO Cheshire Cat 1 Mouse Ears Contemporary Resort 1 Boardwalk 1 Contemporary Resort 2 Rocket Jets

Crazy4Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 07:44 AM   #14
kateolas
Staying the night at Animal Kingdom Lodge

Software: Photoshop CC 2017 and Photoshop CS2
Camera: GE X500, Sony CyberShot
Awesome non-challenge !!! I needed an "extra" reminder to back up files. I have been trying to do this at the end of each month now .... backing up things to my EHD and also burning some discs with some files that I "really" don't want to loose. Especially photos and some purchased digital kits.

I also think another EHD is in my future as well. I am a little leary of uploading things to the Cloud. Has anyone else had issues? I have heard some horror stories. But I have also heard a lot of good. Guess it all depends on who you talk to.

I'm all backed up now.

Mouse Ears United States of America Mickey\'s glove Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s shorts I link to MouseScrappers! Minnie\'s Bow Minnie\'s Shoe Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Me!iss@! Teacups Pirate Flag Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Earful Tower Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Ears Monorail Speed Scrapper! Expedition Everest Captain EO Cheshire Cat 1 Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Ive met another MouseScrapper

kateolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 08:11 AM   #15
roxana
Checking out, and taking Magical Express back to MCO

Software: CS5
Camera: Canon
I have all my pics backed up in an EHD and some cds, but not scrapped, so this challenge was great to use some of the pics from DH phone that I always forget to look at and have not added to my book pages. My books are always 12x12 but those extra pics, or forgotten ones go to 8x8 LOs that I print individually and add chronologically to a pioneer, and it's great as I can see them as soon as I print them and not like the books that usually take years to be finished LOL

I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow Speed Scrapper! Sorcerer\'s Hat Jungle Cruise Peru Monorail Maracas Carousel horse Pirate Ears Teacups Pop Century Star Tours Captain EO Magical Express Thanks for being so helpful to others Roxana! Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag Viking Ship Pirate Dog Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Cheshire Cat 1 Minnie\'s Shoe It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest Mickey\'s glove Wish VoluntEAR - Castle

roxana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:44 AM   #16
scraptraci
Admiring the nostalgic touches on Buena Vista Avenue

Software: pse
Camera: panasonic lumix, cannon rebel
great challenge- i need to do way more but this lead me to download from my camera onto the computer and to take the photos that upload to icloud and get them onto my computer and clean out my iclousd space to only have the favs to show on the phone

thanks for hosting

Baymax Sven Perry Test Track

scraptraci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 12:34 PM   #17
tukogirl

We have all of our pictures and scrap stuff on an external hard drive.
A copy of everything on this hard drive is also on dropbox.

Personally, I don't like the automatic backup. When I have heard of cloud based backup problems, it usually lies in the automatic backup process. It does take a little extra time, but we move everything to dropbox by folder ourselves, so we know exactly what went every single time.

Thanks for being so nice to others Andrea! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) It\'s a Small World Teacups Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Skyway I link to MouseScrappers! Speed Scrapper! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Carol helped me book my vacation! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Magical Express Expedition Everest 2011 Special Edition pin #1 2011 Special Edition pin #4 2011 Special Edition pin #2 D23 Member Norway Sulley Big Eyes Minnie I love DCL! Pop Century Big Thunder Cozy Cone Motel Kilimanjaro Safaris Ive met another MouseScrapper Dale Perry

tukogirl is offline   Reply With Quote