MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Welcome > MouseScrappers - site news and thoughts > 10th Anniversary - April 2019
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 04-09-2019, 10:19 PM   #61
kolohigirl
Stopping for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern

Software: Adobe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiegirl View Post
*Random questions for everyone*

What originally brought you to MouseScrappers? And what has been one of your favorite memories of your time here?
My favorite memory is my first Annual Speed Scrap. I was surfing the Internet for Disney Scrapbook Supplies and came across this page. Turned out the weekend scrap had just started. I wasn't a member, but found a backdoor into the site and sent CarolC a message to join. It was the first time I had ever joined a forum, and it is still my favorite one to this day.

kolohigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2019, 10:20 PM   #62
kolohigirl
Stopping for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern

Software: Adobe
Quote:
I'll go first.

I originally heard of MS when there were Disney challenges being hosted at the DISboards. Something happened and they didn't want digiscrap challenges being hosted there anymore or something. Many of us made the transition to MouseScrappers as a place to share our love of all things Disney!

Favorite memory would have to be just all the amazing layouts in the gallery. I love leaving love and being inspired and hopefully encouraging you through all the amazing talent here! I feel it's a "safe" place to scrap within each of our own abilities. I don't feel judged by the layouts I create when I post them here!
Giving love is one of my favorite things about this site too...….

kolohigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 11:05 PM   #63
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Quote:
I'll go first.

I originally heard of MS when there were Disney challenges being hosted at the DISboards. Something happened and they didn't want digiscrap challenges being hosted there anymore or something. Many of us made the transition to MouseScrappers as a place to share our love of all things Disney!

Favorite memory would have to be just all the amazing layouts in the gallery. I love leaving love and being inspired and hopefully encouraging you through all the amazing talent here! I feel it's a "safe" place to scrap within each of our own abilities. I don't feel judged by the layouts I create when I post them here!
Lol - the timing of that was purely coincidental (or meant to be?). I didn't know Britt personally but sent her a message about MS, and asked her if she could share some of her terrific pages sometime. Shortly after that is when they decided to make some changes on Dis. When Britt came to MS, she brought a bunch of friends with her, so we have her to thank a lot for opening up the flood gates! I recall people saying they were moving in and getting unpacked, checking out their new home, lol.

The gallery is amazing, I agree... and I am glad you don't feel judged by others here - I hope others feel the same!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolohigirl View Post
My favorite memory is my first Annual Speed Scrap. I was surfing the Internet for Disney Scrapbook Supplies and came across this page. Turned out the weekend scrap had just started. I wasn't a member, but found a backdoor into the site and sent CarolC a message to join. It was the first time I had ever joined a forum, and it is still my favorite one to this day.
Haha - back door? Well I'm glad you found us and jumped right in, and happy to hear it is one of your favorites still!

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 11:28 PM   #64
Neverland Scraps
Having breakfast at Kona Cafe

Software: CS5
Camera: Nikon D3200, iPhone 8
Hey guys, there's a new thread which I think you all will LOVE seeing:
http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...559#post176559

Eiffel Tower France Star Tours Earful Tower United States of America Teacups Monorail Cheshire Cat 1 Mouse Ears Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Pirate Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! Kermit Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Wendy! Baymax Ive met another MouseScrapper

Neverland Scraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 09:34 AM   #65
janette
Taking a Journey Into Imagination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
What brought me to MouseScrappers---you did, Dawn! I was fumbling my way around the DIS boards and they were being stinkers. You told me about Carol and how she stared this place where it's for scrapbookers. I followed you.

Favorite Memory--probably the many Speed Scrap Marathons. I did my best Disney layouts during those speed scraps!
I echo this, came with the DIS boards migration. Mousescrappers has been such a better place to share the love of scrapbooking & creative projects. Very grateful for that push into something new.

I love the speed scraps marathons too, it is hard and sleep seems optional but I always seem to try new things and most importantly get pages done.

janette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:15 AM   #66
StacyLynn
Stopping for lunch at the Blue Bayou

Software: photoshop elements
Camera: nikon D5000 & Kodak Easyshare
Oh my.... I don't even remember how I stumbled across MS in June of 2010....
I know I was searching for freebies and that may have been when I found MS..... It took me almost a year to post a LO. I don't remember if it was because I was nervous to share since I have just started Digi-scrapping.... or because I couldn't figure out how to post a page... probably a little of both! I look at my first pages from back then and cringe!!
Favorite memory of MS, probably the nice comments that kept me scrapping and growing and coming back!

StacyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:16 AM   #67
DianeInOz
Taking the Studio Backlot Tour

Software: adobe elements 13
Camera: Canon Digital Rebel XSi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpgirl View Post
So what projects is everybody working on?
I am getting so far behind! We had a big trip to California and Hawaii in 2017 and it included Disneyland. I am just finishing up that trip (it is so fun to scrap, but there are SOOOOO MANY photos!)
We did a road trip in February of last year, which ended as a surprise at Disney (my kids had no idea) and I have only scratched the surface of that one.
We got bumped off our flight home from Honolulu and they gave us airline vouchers, so we took the kids to Paris (and DIsneyland Paris) and I have done about 2 layouts from that trip!
Then we had a fairly spontaneous trip back to WDW in December (we still had $$$ from our bumped airline vouchers, so we haaad to use them or lose them...)

So that was a long winded way of saying that I hope to finish up Hawaii and then tackle some of these other trips before we take a (non-Disney) cruise this summer!

DianeInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:23 AM   #68
DianeInOz
Taking the Studio Backlot Tour

Software: adobe elements 13
Camera: Canon Digital Rebel XSi
Quote:
*Random questions for everyone*

What originally brought you to MouseScrappers? And what has been one of your favorite memories of your time here?

I was still pretty new to digital scrapping and I had this fantastic and totally unique idea of scrapping each Disney page (character, greet, etc) separately. I wanted to see if I could scan the autographs and make sweet Disney pages. And in my searching, I stumbled across this website! All of my creative and unique ideas were already being done! Which was great because I have been able to get some great inspiration and find fabulous designers through this site.

My favorite MS "memories" are of the scrapping marathons. I really love when there is a lot of activity and when there are more challenges. Gets my creative juices flowing!

DianeInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 04:53 PM   #69
ratgirl24
Feeling like a kid again on Tom Sawyer Island

Software: Photoshop Elements 2019
Camera: Nikon D3200, Nikon Coolpix S8100 and iPhone
I came to MouseScrappers in 2013. I was very new to digital scrapbooking. At that point, I had not created a digital page... I had only started a collection.

I saw that one of my favorite designers/shops KellyBell Designs was hosting a challenge here and had a lovely participation prize. I said to myself, "I need those papers!" So, I signed up, created my first digi page and my love of digi scrapping began!

My favorite memory is the first time I completed a Speed Scrap Marathon! It was super hard and took me all weekend, but I learned a lot and got lots of great ideas.
Transfer an existing reservation Contemporary Resort 1 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Contemporary Resort 2 I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World Star Tours Cutester Bee Ursula Cheshire Cat Cupcake Epcot logo WDW logo Monorail I got Maleficent as a dragon for referring people to MouseScrappers! A Ticket Cutester Minnie Pigglet 2 Jungle Cruise Olaf Pirate Dog Jiminy Cricket Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland)

ratgirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 05:08 PM   #70
Charelkenl
E Ticket Holder

Software: Photoshop Elements
Camera: Nikon 7200
I was looking for ideas for tactical Disney layouts. I did a search and found MS. I love the site. I was encouraged to try digital scrapping and have never looked back. I have met so many super people through the site as well as new friends to go to the parks and cruises with. Carol, thank you so much!!!!!!!!
Mickey Pumpkin Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Star Tours I love DCL! Mouse Ears Earful Tower Sorcerer\'s Hat Rocket Jets Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Pirate Ears Pirate Dog Jungle Cruise Carousel horse 2011 Special Edition pin #7 2011 Special Edition pin #2 2011 Special Edition pin #5 Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Teacups Expedition Everest Minnie\'s Bow Minnie\'s Shoe I got Maleficent as a dragon for referring people to MouseScrappers! I got the Tree of Life for referring people to MouseScrappers! Skyway Viking Ship Contemporary Resort 2 Eiffel Tower

Charelkenl is offline   Reply With Quote