MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Welcome > MouseScrappers - site news and thoughts > I have an Idea!
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 02-14-2014, 12:40 PM   #1
Marif
Trying to find Nemo in the Tomorrowland lagoon

Software: The Gimp
Camera: iPhone
special needs category

I have a son on the autism spectrum and therefore I have photos and layouts where the main focus is on getting his access card, the accommodation of food intolerances, and any other special things Disney does for special needs. We're also about to be joined by a service dog and I'm sure I'll scrap about him at Disney too

I can always find another category to put these layouts in (the ride, place, restaurants we were at, or the general thread), but I thought having a category for them might be nice!
I looked around and couldn't see one, but please point me to it if it already exists, or if you think it would be too small a category, that's fine too

Marif is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2014, 12:31 AM   #2
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Thanks for sharing your ideas. It would be nice to have a place where we can keep pages devoted to traveling with someone with special needs. Ideally we would have enough content to fill up various aspects, like the ones you've listed. I think it may take a little bit to get it going so how about this...

1. Start a thread in the 'General' forum. Start filling it with one or more layouts that you have that you envision for this category

2. Introduce yourself in the "Special Needs" forum (it is a sub-forum under "Chit Chat") and let the others know about your new thread and encourage them to share some of their layouts. I created the Special Needs forum during a previous marathon to give members a place to share ideas/concerns, but so far there hasn't been much activity. This may help jumpstart it

3. Let's keep it as one thread for now, and when we build up some content I can create a new forum and can start going through the posts and divide them into individual threads

Does that sound reasonable?

Thanks!
Carol

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:49 PM   #3
Marif
Trying to find Nemo in the Tomorrowland lagoon

Software: The Gimp
Camera: iPhone
Sounds great!
I'll go introduce myself there and go from there

Marif is offline   Reply With Quote