MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Speed Scraps > Previous Marathons > 2017 SPEED SCRAP MARATHON
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 07-30-2017, 01:23 PM   #1
lauriesscraps
In Town Square, envisioning Walt giving his speech

Software: CS4
Camera: Sony a300 DSLR
Send a message via MSN to lauriesscraps
>>> Here for Speed Scrap 225 with Laurie's Scraps <<<

HELLO EVERYONE!!!! I will post my instructions here. If you have any questions, please let me know.

You have 24 hours or until tomorrow at 4 PM Eastern time to post your layouts here.

Once you have posted your layouts here with in the alloted time, you will be sent a prize through the forum messaging.
Thank you so much and I am so excited to see what you create!

So, these instructions are meant to be a guideline. You may not be exact and that is ok! Just have fun and be creative!
So here we go!

1. Pick out 1 background paper and 4 other papers. They can be solids and/or patterns.
2. Create a couple longer rectangles layered on top of each other, situated more to one side of the page. Cover those in one of the papers you chose in step one. These rectangles will be more vertical ones.
3. Create 2 strips of paper going most of the width of the page and layer them on top of each other
4. Pick out a ribbon or ric rac or stitch and place it on top of the paper strips
5. Pick out a photo to use in this layout. If you want to frame it then do so in this step. Place the photo on top of the papers and ribbon.
6. Pick out 2 different foliage and layer those either on top of the photo and/or behind the photo around the 3 corners of the photo. This is where we will create some great clustering! They do not have to be right on the corners, but choose 3 spots evenly spaced to help frame and draw your attention to the photo.
7. Next, pick out some flowers, or stars, or themed elements to cluster with. And place them on top of the foliage to complete your clusters.
a. I like to do 2 flowers on some, for smaller clusters, and then 2 flowers and a themed element on other clusters.
b. I also like to create some larger clusters and some smaller ones. They don’t all have to be the same size.
c. You can add a word strip under one of the flowers or buttons in a cluster to add more if you like.
d. This is a great place to use flairs, buttons, or brads.
8. Choose a spot for the Title. This can be in the empty corner you left after clustering or next to one of the smaller clustering.
9. Add any journaling you would like. And finish with shadowing.
10. YOU ARE DONE! I hope you like what you have created!

Here is an example layout that I did using these instructions. Have fun and I can't wait to see what you all create!

Last edited by lauriesscraps; 07-30-2017 at 02:09 PM.

lauriesscraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2017, 02:02 PM   #2
Annet83
Enjoying the whimsy of PhilharMagic

I was a bit confused by the amount of instructions, but fun challenge, thanks for hosting!

Also posted here: http://mousescrappers.com/forums/sho...896#post171896

Annet83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 02:07 PM   #3
lauriesscraps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annet83 View Post
I was a bit confused by the amount of instructions, but fun challenge, thanks for hosting!

Also posted here: http://mousescrappers.com/forums/sho...896#post171896
I LOVE THIS!!!!! You did amazingly well! Thank you so much! Check your messages for the prize!

Old 07-30-2017, 02:14 PM   #4
tinkerbell1112
E Ticket Holder

Software: Artisan 5
Camera: Nikon D3300, Olympus TG-3, Sony, and my phone - Samsung S10
whew! that was a true speed scrap for me!
Love it!

also posted here
Contemporary Resort 1 Pirate Ears Star Tours D23 Member Monorail Mouse Ears It\'s a Small World Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Jungle Cruise Contemporary Resort 2 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Flag United States of America Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! Expedition Everest I love DCL! I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Christmas Tree Turkey Anna Carol helped me book my vacation! Elsa Olaf Sven Ive met another MouseScrapper Teacups Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s glove

tinkerbell1112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 02:17 PM   #5
lauriesscraps

Awesome job... I love how it is the same yet different from my layout. That is what a speed scrap is all about! Check your messages for the prize link! Thank you so much for playing along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell1112 View Post
whew! that was a true speed scrap for me!
Love it!

also posted here

Old 07-30-2017, 02:19 PM   #6
roxana
Checking out, and taking Magical Express back to MCO

Software: CS5
Camera: Canon
Here's mine, thanks for the fun instructions, one of the few times I scrap not using a template LOL

also posted http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...915#post171915

I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow Speed Scrapper! Sorcerer\'s Hat Jungle Cruise Peru Monorail Maracas Carousel horse Pirate Ears Teacups Pop Century Star Tours Captain EO Magical Express Thanks for being so helpful to others Roxana! Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag Viking Ship Pirate Dog Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Cheshire Cat 1 Minnie\'s Shoe It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest Mickey\'s glove Wish VoluntEAR - Castle

roxana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 02:23 PM   #7
khannen
Stopping to get photos of floral Mickey

Also shared at http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...23&postcount=2

khannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 02:29 PM   #8
ladyleopard1106
Riding Radiator Springs Racers

Software: Photoshop
Camera: Olympus FE-170, Olympus VR-340, Cannon PowerShot A110 IS
Oh boy...this is going to take me a while.
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Captain EO Cheshire Cat 1 Star Tours It\'s a Small World Contemporary Resort 1 Minnie Bride Teacups Italy Monorail Jungle Cruise Skyway Sorcerer\'s Hat

ladyleopard1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 02:31 PM   #9
Chef Minnie Mouse
E Ticket Holder

Software: CS6
Camera: Nikon D7000
Thanks so much Laurie

also posted here
http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...941#post171941
Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Lisa! Mexico Norway China Germany Italy United States of America Japan Morocco France United Kingdom Canada Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Dog Pirate Flag Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Earful Tower Captain EO Mickeys shoe Minnie\'s Shoe Minnie\'s Bow Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I love DCL! D23 Member

Chef Minnie Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 02:35 PM   #10
3BluEyedBabies
Watching Finding Nemo the Musical

Software: GIMP
Camera: Canon Power Shot SX260
Norway

Thanks for hosting and the PP! Hopefully I understood the instructions well enough!

also here

3BluEyedBabies is offline   Reply With Quote