MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Welcome > Help and Support
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 12-09-2009, 08:13 AM   #1
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
'SPAM' messages

Hi MouseScrappers,

It has come to my attention that several of you have received a private message from user 'James'. This user has no posts, and the content of the message was obscure and unrelated to anything on this site. There was also a link in the signature. If you have received a message like this, do NOT click on the link in the signature. It could lead to a site with a virus/malware/spyware.

I have banned this user, and am unfortunately going to have to put in some additional restrictions for posting messages. I will start with requiring a minimum post count for sending private messages - hopefully I won't have to require it for posting photos, too. This shouldn't affect most of you, but I apologize in advance if it does. It's so unfortunate that there are people out there that take pleasure in creating problems for others.

I appreciate the members who have alerted me to this issue. If anyone ever sees anything like this, please let me know.

Carol

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2009, 12:37 PM   #2
Sunnikc
I'm on the tram

I got the message as well... promptly noticed that it said banned under the name and deleted the message I was planning on ignoring it anyway though

Sunnikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:59 PM   #3
TracEy
Just parked the car

I too received it and ignored it! I thought it was a bit fishy!

TracEy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:14 PM   #4
SweetPeaUK
Just parked the car

I also received it. I am new to this Forum and have barely had a chance to make any posts - I wonder if he targeted newbies??

I have deleted it without reading it, although i received email notification that I had it and know that he was asking how I was which I thought was a bit weird?

Thanks for acting so promptly.

Sara

SweetPeaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:47 PM   #5
RuthieRoo
Having dinner at California Grill

I also received and deleted this message. Thanks for dealing with it so quickly Carol.
Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat United Kingdom Monorail Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Minnie\'s Bow Mickey\'s glove Teacups Earful Tower I link to MouseScrappers! Pop Century Star Tours Captain EO Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Mickey Pumpkin Jack Skellington Wicked Stepmother Cutester Bee

RuthieRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:57 PM   #6
cddiesel
Racing through the icy caverns of the Matterhorn

Software: SBC+ 3.0
Yep, I got it too. Amazes me the lengths people go to!

Thanks Carol!!!!

Christina
Mouse Ears Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Ears Carol helped me book my vacation! Teacups United States of America Monorail Thanks for your help and contributions Christina! Thank you for using the Amazon link! Minnie\'s Bow Pirate Flag Magical Express Boardwalk 1 Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts!

cddiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:57 PM   #7
PoohandTigger2
Just parked the car

I received one too...I have gone in and changed my settings as well. Wasn't sure where to notify when I got it this morning. Thanks for taking care of this sicko!

PoohandTigger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:40 PM   #8
DisneymoonJess
In Town Square, envisioning Walt giving his speech

Software: PSE 9
I got this as well, and just ignored it. I will know now to report it! On a board I moderate, we have done the minimum posts thing and that has helped a lot. We have also done the first 5 posts as "moderated" and that has also helped a lot. Just another option if the minimum posts for private messages doesn't work.

Best,

Jessica

1991 - offsite 1993 - offsite 1996 - offsite 1999 - ASSp 2009 - POR
Minnie Bride It\'s a Small World Star Tours

DisneymoonJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:25 PM   #9
MelissaD
Racing through the icy caverns of the Matterhorn

Software: Photoshop CS3
Camera: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28
Send a message via Yahoo to MelissaD
I think this is the same spammer that has hit just about every single scrap board I have been on. Crazy! Thanks for taking care of it, Carol!
Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Rocket Jets Contemporary Resort 1

MelissaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:39 PM   #10
longhorn
Admiring the nostalgic touches on Buena Vista Avenue

Way to be on top of things Carol. You're doing an awesome job!!
Maracas Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Sorcerer\'s Hat

longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote