MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Let's talk about DISNEY! > Disney News and information > DCL news/changes
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 04-06-2011, 12:01 PM   #1
kathleena
Taking the bus to the Magic Kingdom

Software: PSCS4
Camera: Canon XS1IS Olympus Stylus-9000
Disney Announces 2012 Schedule!

CELEBRATION, Fla. (April 6, 2011) – For the first time ever, Disney Cruise Line will set sail from three new ports in 2012 – New York, Seattle and Galveston, Texas – making the Disney family cruise vacation more accessible to guests around the country. Additionally, the cruise line will offer more choices than ever before with several new itineraries planned.

“In 2012, we’re making it easier than ever for families to enjoy a Disney Cruise Line vacation by offering cruises from a variety of regional homeports,” said Disney Cruise Line President Karl Holz. “Guests can now enjoy a magical, one-of-a-kind Disney cruise experience with the convenience of departures from their own backyard.”

2012 New York Schedule

Beginning May 25, 2012, the Disney Magic will sail a total of 20 cruises from New York – including eight-night cruises to the Bahamas and five-night cruises up the New England coast to Canada plus two-night cruises that will give a sampling of the Disney Cruise Line experience over a weekend.

* The eight Bahamas cruises will include a day at Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay; Nassau, Bahamas; and a stop at Port Canaveral, Fla., giving guests an opportunity to visit the nearby Walt Disney World Resort. As part of this itinerary, each guest will receive a one-day Walt Disney World Park Hopper ticket and roundtrip transportation between their Disney ship and the resort.

Rates for the new eight-night Bahamian cruise itinerary departing from New York start at $1,240 per person for a standard inside stateroom, based on double occupancy.

* The nine five-night cruises up the New England coast will call at Halifax, Nova Scotia, and Saint John, New Brunswick. In these popular Canadian ports, guests can soak in splendid natural vistas, explore historic sites, visit quaint cafes and charming shops, and browse Canada’s oldest farmer’s market.

Rates for the new five-night Canadian cruise itinerary departing from New York start at $715 per person for a standard inside stateroom, based on double occupancy.

* Three two-night cruises (June 15, July 13 and Aug. 10) out of New York are perfect for families looking for a quick getaway with a day at sea over a weekend. Rates for the new two-night cruises start at $370 per person for a standard inside stateroom, based on double occupancy.

Disney Magic 2012 – New York

Eight-Night Bahamas
Departure Dates: 5/25, 6/2, 6/22, 6/30, 7/20, 7/28, 8/17, 8/25

Itinerary:
New York
At Sea
At Sea
Nassau
Castaway Cay
At Sea
At Sea
New York

Five-Night Canada
Departure Dates: 6/10, 6/17, 7/8, 7/15, 8/5, 8/12, 9/2, 9/7, 9/12

Itinerary:
New York
At Sea
Halifax
Saint John
At Sea
New York

2012 Galveston Schedule
Beginning September 22, 2012, the Disney Magic will sail 12 seven-night cruises from the Port of Galveston to the Western Caribbean. Ports of call include Grand Cayman and Mexico’s Costa Maya and Cozumel.

A Caribbean cruise on the Disney Magic offers families a tropical getaway with world-class entertainment and impeccable guest service found only on a Disney Cruise Line vacation. Guests will enjoy three magical days at sea to explore all of the fun aboard the Disney Magic and three days in port to lounge on warm, golden beaches, to swim and snorkel in azure waters or to shop to their heart's content in exotic marketplaces.

Rates for the seven-night Western Caribbean cruise itinerary departing from Galveston start at $840 per person for a standard inside stateroom, based on double occupancY.

Disney Magic 2012 – Galveston

Seven-Night Western Caribbean
Departure Dates: 9/22, 9/29, 10/6, 10/13, 10/20, 10/27, 11/3, 11/10, 11/17, 11/24, 12/1, 12/8

Itinerary:
Galveston
At Sea
At Sea
Grand Cayman
Costa Maya
Cozumel
At Sea
Galveston

2012 Seattle Schedule
Beginning May 28, 2012, the Disney Wonder will sail a total of 14 seven-night cruises from the Port of Seattle to Tracy Arm, Skagway, Juneau and Ketchikan, Alaska, as well as Victoria, British Columbia.

These cruises will combine the natural wonder and adventurous spirit of Alaska with the unparalleled, family-friendly experience found on a Disney Cruise Line ship. Disney Cruise Line works closely with Alaskan tour operators to create exclusive-to-Disney family-friendly Port Adventures that allow guests to best experience Alaska’s natural beauty and rich history.

On their Alaskan adventure, guests may catch a glimpse of a brown bear, bald eagle or humpback whale. They can explore magnificent glaciers and fjords in Juneau. In Ketchikan, guests can fish for some of the largest wild salmon in the world and learn about local culture through hand-carved totem poles. In Skagway, Disney Cruise Line guests can traverse panoramic landscapes by railway, or pan for gold like miners from the famous Klondike gold rush.

Rates for the seven-night Alaska cruise itinerary departing from Seattle start at $917 per person for a standard inside stateroom, based on double occupancy.

Disney Wonder 2012 – Seattle

Seven-Night Alaska
Departure Dates: 5/28, 6/4, 6/11, 6/18, 6/25, 7/2, 7/9, 7/16, 7/23, 7/30, 8/6, 8/13, 8/20, 8/27

Itinerary:
Seattle
At Sea
Tracy Arm
Skagway
Juneau
Ketchikan
Victoria
Seattle

2012 Los Angeles Schedule
The Disney Wonder is scheduled to continue sailing seven-night Mexican Riviera cruises from the Port of Los Angeles for the majority of the year – throughout winter, spring and fall.

Rates for the seven-night Mexican Riviera itinerary departing from Los Angeles start at $707 per person for a standard inside stateroom, based on double occupancy.

Additionally, the Disney Wonder will sail four seven-night Pacific Coast cruises from Los Angeles (on Sept. 16, Sept. 23, Sept. 30 and Oct. 7), calling on San Francisco, San Diego and Ensenada, Mexico.

Rates for the new seven-night Pacific Coast itinerary departing from Los Angeles start at $770 per person for a standard inside stateroom, based on double occupancy.

For the first time, the Disney Wonder will offer a special 15-night voyage to Hawaii from Los Angeles, calling on Hilo; Kahului, Maui; Honolulu, Oahu; Nawiliwili, Kauai and Ensenada, Mexico.

Rates for the 15-night Hawaiian itinerary (departing April 29, 2012) start at $1,800 per person for a standard inside stateroom, based on double occupancy.

2012 Port Canaveral Schedule
The Disney Fantasy and Disney Dream will continue to sail a variety of Caribbean and Bahamian itineraries departing from Port Canaveral.

The Disney Fantasy will depart on her maiden voyage March 31, 2012, and will sail out of Port Canaveral on seven-night Caribbean itineraries – alternating eastern (St. Maarten and St. Thomas) and western (Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Cozumel). Special Eastern Caribbean sailings in November and December 2012 stop at St. Thomas and San Juan, Puerto Rico. All Disney Fantasy itineraries include a stop at Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay.

Rates for the seven-night Caribbean cruise itineraries on the Disney Fantasy start at $959 per person for a standard inside stateroom, based on double occupancy.

The Disney Dream will sail three-, four- and five-night cruises from Port Canaveral to the Bahamas and Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay. Five-night itineraries include two stops at Castaway Cay.

Rates for three- and four-night Bahamian cruises on the Disney Dream start at $471 per person for a standard inside stateroom, based on double occupancy.

Until she is repositioned to New York, the Disney Magic will sail out of Port Canaveral on seven-night Caribbean itineraries and four- and five-night Bahamian cruises.

All pricing reflects a category 11C standard inside stateroom, Government Taxes and Fees not included. Bookings for the entire 2012 schedule open April 8, 2011.
Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! United States of America Viking Ship Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I got the Tree of Life for referring people to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Magical Express Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Eiffel Tower Fairy Godmother D23 Member Monorail Cheshire Cat 1 Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Limited Edition Amazon pin #6 I love DCL! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Canada Norway

kathleena is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2011, 12:19 PM   #2
PrincessMouse
In the Hall of Presidents

Software: Photoshop CS4
Camera: Nikon D3
My phone's ringing off the hook and email's going crazy. I'm sure Carol's just as crazed. GO DCL!

If you're thinking about one of these cruises, you'll want to get in contact with Carol right away. You can start booking tomorrow for Gold/Platinum Castaway Club members and Friday for everyone else. The prices will only go up as supply of staterooms gets smaller so book NOW!
Disney Vacation Club Member Contemporary Resort 1 Magical Express Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts China Monorail I love DCL! Minnie\'s Bow I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Flag It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Skyway Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat United States of America Mickey Pumpkin

PrincessMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:00 PM   #3
kathleena

Aaaack I'm such a dummy - I posted this in the wrong forum...........Maybe someone can move it?
Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! United States of America Viking Ship Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I got the Tree of Life for referring people to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Magical Express Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Eiffel Tower Fairy Godmother D23 Member Monorail Cheshire Cat 1 Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Limited Edition Amazon pin #6 I love DCL! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Canada Norway

Old 04-06-2011, 01:42 PM   #4
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
... moved.

Thanks so much for posting this, Nancy! I heard rumors yesterday (thanks to the link Kimberly posted on another site). I was thinking they would send the Magic to Europe and leave her there. I was secretly hoping they'd decide to do 3/4 nighters out of Los Angeles which would give people another reason to come visit Disneyland. Plus the selection of 3/4 night cruises here is pitiful (only Carnival). But, I think she'll stay in better shape on the longer cruises. Galveston is interesting, especially for all our MS friends in Texas. But 8 night Bahamas? I'm glad to see them sail out of Seattle instead of Vancouver! and glad to see them commit to another year of Alaska.

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Last edited by Carolc; 04-06-2011 at 09:12 PM.

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:40 PM   #5
r0binb
Stopping for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern

Software: PS CS5 & CS3
Camera: Sony Cybershot, Sony a55
I love that the Magic is coming to Texas. But the dates stink!

There's no way we can pull the kids out of school for a cruise again. DS will be in 2nd grade by then. I had no problem taking them out of preschool this year for 3 weeks to go through the Panama Canal because it was such a special itinerary. But no way for a week to go to Mexico.
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Speed Scrapper! Disney Vacation Club Member I love DCL! United States of America Magical Express Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Monorail Teacups Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Minnie Bride Captain EO Star Tours

r0binb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:08 PM   #6
tiggernjen
E Ticket Holder

Software: PSE10
Camera: Nikon D40
I just read this on-line...I wish they were going out of Balitmore instead, it's closer to me than NYC...
Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Disney Vacation Club Member I link to MouseScrappers! Minnie\'s Bow Monorail Mouse Ears Boardwalk 1 Teacups Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey\'s glove Earful Tower Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Pirate Dog D23 Member Jungle Cruise Contemporary Resort 1 Limited Edition Amazon pin #1 I love DCL! I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Lyn! Big Eyes Donald Mickey Parts Ive met another MouseScrapper Carol helped me book my vacation!

tiggernjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:10 PM   #7
Jenn1
Watching the kids play in a bug's land

Software: My memories suite and PSE9
Camera: Canon t2i
Talking

I am far away from any of those ports, but the Hawaii trip looks just dreamy!!!!!

Me (39), DH (45), DD (11), and DS (6)
Magical Express I love DCL! United States of America Pirate Ears I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Flag Earful Tower Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Rocket Jets Teacups Mickey Pumpkin Star Tours

Jenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:44 PM   #8
PrincessMouse
In the Hall of Presidents

Software: Photoshop CS4
Camera: Nikon D3
I expected NY because it's a huge cruise market but Galveston really surprised me, as has the big reaction to it. Several people were interested in Hawaii but the dates gave them trouble, however one's still a go since they have preschoolers.
Disney Vacation Club Member Contemporary Resort 1 Magical Express Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts China Monorail I love DCL! Minnie\'s Bow I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Flag It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Skyway Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat United States of America Mickey Pumpkin

PrincessMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:07 AM   #9
kathleena

Well being in Maine, I love the New York ones. I would LOVE the 8 day bahamas cruise from NYC. So much cheaper with flights and no need for overnight stay.

I will probably opt for a 5 night cruise to Canada however. Gosh I wish they were stopping in Portland so I could get photos of her in port.