MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Scrapbooking > Tutorials
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 01-10-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
cmtscrap
E Ticket Holder

Software: Forever Artisan 6.0
Camera: Nikon D5000 and Nikon DX40
Send a message via Yahoo to cmtscrap
How to use a .psd template in StoryBook Creator

I have been asked how to use a .psd template in StoryBook Creator Plus.

When I have a psd template that I want to open in SBC I first open the template in PSE

I turn off every layer except the bottom layer.

I then save that bottom layer as a png file. I usually name it 01.png.

I then turn it off and do the next one up...save it as 02.png, etc.

When all the layers are saved I then open up SBC.

I add all of the png files to a SBC project as pictures (usually one that corresponds with the number of pictures that it contains).

When they are brought in they appear in the order I saved them (01.png, 02.png, 03.png, and so on) I add as a picture by double clicking on it. (They will align themselves if the png files were created in the PSE program.)

If it supposed to be the background I add it as the background.

I then double click on 02.png and add it, then 3.png, and so on until everything is added.

Because I saved them from the bottom layer up and am adding them in the same order, everything will appear the way it should.

When all of the layers are added I right click on each element from the top of the left hand side ribbon and flatten each one individually.

Do not select more than one element as they will flatten together and you will not be able to separate them later.

When that is finished I insert empty photo boxes and line them up with the corresponding boxes on the newly created template.

I also usually add a text box so that I can indicate who created it and the name of the template so that I can give proper credit later.

Save your project and then you have a whole new template. Please don't hesitate to write me if you have any questions.

I link to MouseScrappers! United States of America Speed Scrapper! Mouse Ears Monorail Magical Express Earful Tower Sorcerer\'s Hat Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Carol helped me book my vacation! Mickey\'s glove I love DCL! Thanks for all your help with MouseScrappers Charlene! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) D23 Member Minnie\'s Bow Pop Century 2011 Special Edition pin #2 2011 Special Edition pin #5 2011 Special Edition pin #7 2011 Special Edition pin #3 D Ticket Disney Vacation Club Member Ive met another MouseScrapper

cmtscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
dizneemjk
Uh oh , I just looked into the eyes of Mara

Software: Photoshop 7.0, Stroybook Creator 3.0
Camera: Kodak Z990
Hi cmtscrap! I'm trying to take a psd template and make a SBC one. I'm having trouble with the circular frames. The corner of my picture sticks into the other round frame area. Do I just cut that off after I place the picture?

dizneemjk is offline   Reply With Quote